Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging batteries & controller together

Reaction score
When I purchased my Phantom 3 it was clear that charging both the battery and controller at the same time was not recommended.

In the Inspire 2 manual it says that you can do this but it will take longer. Has anyone tried it? any overheating from the power brick? It just doesn't sit well with me after doing the opposite for nearly 2 years.

Thanks

Agreed, I charged the both of them, when I first received mine.
I did notice that the brick ran hotter when doing this and like you, became uncomfortable with this practice. I now charge them separately.

I charge the remote with 4 batteries and the remote all at the same time. What I noticed is that it first charges 2 batteries while slow charging the other 2 simultaneously and the remote does take longer to charge. The power brick does get pretty warm though but no problems so far.

I have had no issues charging the full gambit of 4 batteries and the remote at the same time. I did have to look up and find that the flashing green are the charging batteries and the solid amber are in stand by. The stock charger will only charge 2 batteries at a time, the other two go on stand by.

I've been charging both for the last couple of weeks and it works fine, case closed.

Just make sure when you charge the batteries, place the matched batteries directly across from each other so that it charges the matched pair first, then it'll charge the other two matched batteries. Thats if you want to keep the same batteries in the drone consistently. I do that for whatever reason so I'm passing my little OCD on lol.

I have measured the power consumption charging TB 50 batteries only v candence remote batteries, my conclusion is it will distribute the power across the two items resulting in longer charging times. I have my 2 x spare inspire 1 chargers to hand that will charge both remotes separately.

Just make sure when you charge the batteries, place the matched batteries directly across from each other so that it charges the matched pair first, then it'll charge the other two matched batteries. Thats if you want to keep the same batteries in the drone consistently. I do that for whatever reason so I'm passing my little OCD on lol.

It doesn't seem to work that way on my I2 charger. The charger detects paired batteries no matter which charger slot they are plugged into. It charges the pair with least charge first.

Somewhat related question...can you charge the I2 remote from a P4 charger? I have one that I use for my Mavic with the advanced Hub, so I figure if I can use that, it would help since I don’t normally need to charge Mavic and Inspire batteries simultaneously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah