Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Check out the New Ipad Pro 10.5

Can i ask how you did that ?

If you are very comfortable modding things it can be done, if not I would just get Polar Pro's extension.

If you decide to do this: remove the backing on the holder itself, there is 8 screws (Under the foam/padding) you need to remove this and the holder can be taken apart. You need to modify the stoppers a bit to extend the capability.
Again, caution if you are not comfortable doing this kind of work, please don't try, you might destroy the holder.

Reactions: Lesmess
2017-06-13 18.25.11.jpg PM[/GALLERY]Ipad Pro 9.7 is awesome, Ipad Pro 10.5 is more awesome! Brighter, Faster, Slicker, Very well balanced and light. Less edge thickness around screen to.

You can see how its fits. No modification and it was not forced.

Reactions: Lesmess
I just checked my device holder and it is 170mm from plastic to plastic, ignoring the rubber grip.

iPad Pro 9.7" is a tight fit, absolutely certain that there is no extra space for a 10.5.

It seems that not all of these holders are the same unfortunately...

I just checked my device holder and it is 170mm from plastic to plastic, ignoring the rubber grip.

iPad Pro 9.7" is a tight fit, absolutely certain that there is no extra space for a 10.5.

It seems that not all of these holders are the same unfortunately...
Every holder I have seen (many) are all the same. Only report that the iPad Pro 10.5 will fit without modifications comes from the OP.

Yes it is! I guesse no crystal sky for me , lol. I knew it would fit, on the BH Specs it was only 1/10" difference.

Going to test later
The new iPads are rated at 600 nits.... Minimum recommendation for outdoor use is 700 nits. The high end Crystal Sky should blow the iPads away, for outdoor use. While not linear, 2,000 nits should do the trick.

The new iPads are rated at 600 nits.... Minimum recommendation for outdoor use is 700 nits. The high end Crystal Sky should blow the iPads away, for outdoor use. While not linear, 2,000 nits should do the trick.

No doubt the Crustal Say is brighter when it comes to nits alone, that is however not the only factor in play. The 10.5 has many other advantages in screen display as well as much larger and easy to see details, not to mention that Crystal Sky is an Android devise that is locked down to DJI only so you are missing out on any other apps or usage. And where do you get the minimum recommended nits for outdoor use from? It is first now we have seen any screens with this kind of brightness in common use.

The holder is capable to accommodate 170mm wide devices, iPad pro 10.5" is 4.6mm wider so it will not fit unless you force it and risk damage.
Poster that is saying his fits, must have a larger opening somehow. It is simple, if the holder only can open 170mm, it will not fit.

I have however taken one of my holders apart and modified it (extended opening by 4-5mm) and now my 10.5" iPad Pro fits in the holder.

Nice job cougar and thanks for sharing. Not sure I will get the iPad Pro, still using my mini 4

Rich

Nice job cougar and thanks for sharing. Not sure I will get the iPad Pro, still using my mini 4

Rich
Thx Rich, yes the Mini 4 is a great device and have been using it but getting older and my eyes are not what they used to, also I am a pixel-peeper and quite **** when it comes to my photos so having the extra space along with the new screen helps. Unfortunately Apple might dump the Mini, some say it will be discontinued, hope that that is not the case and an update will come along.

Great information - for those that own an iPad 10.5, can anyone tell me the temperature operating range? I work outside a lot in direct sunlight and as long as I am using a Hoodman visor, brightness isn't an issue, but once the tablet begins to heat up, I start getting image transmission issues and in some cases, the tablet overheats and shuts down. Any suggestions?

Great information - for those that own an iPad 10.5, can anyone tell me the temperature operating range? I work outside a lot in direct sunlight and as long as I am using a Hoodman visor, brightness isn't an issue, but once the tablet begins to heat up, I start getting image transmission issues and in some cases, the tablet overheats and shuts down. Any suggestions?

CrystalSky

Familiar with CrystalSky, but that doesn't answer any of the questions I asked. I appreciate your reply, though.

Dan,
I think the Ipad is the wrong solution. I too, living in AZ have had issues with heat and operating in sunlight, with the iPad. Those two factors minimize when it can be used. Early morn or late afternoon. But since you are flying some of the best light can be in the early afternoon, the colors just pop. I like many always point my car into the sun to cast a shadow over the screen. That can be a pain.
I understand that once people have bought the new IPad they want to stick with it. If I were to buy the new IPad, not much cost difference, It still wouldn't have the nit performance or operating temp performance I want.
So I'll keep the iPad for what it is designed, and use the CrystalSky for what it is designed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg