Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Chinese drone maker denies giving data to government.

Did you cache your maps before you left home ?

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to make a difference either way. This video was the THIRD time I ran into this issue. I finally hit "Record" on the camera and went to town.

Likely app has updated via IOS , not really DJIs fault other than wanting you to sign in.

Whatever. I'm in the field and being paid well to be professional and get the job done. I don't have the time or the inclination to figure out their algorithm. My solution was to roll back Go App to v3.1.1, and LEAVE IT THERE. Problem solved. I can cache maps or not cache maps, or sign in at home or not sign in, and not have to worry that DJI is going to randomly decide I need to sign in for god-knows-what reason.

One of my pre flight pre leave home routines is to check the maps on IOS especially.

I have locked down the iOS, as well. I've applied a lifelong "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" paradigm to all my DJI products.

On Crystalsky/Android you can download off line maps but not for satellite view so I still check it.

At this point I have no plans to purchase any of the Crystal Sky offerings.

Likely iOS has updated your apps while it was on charge.

Not likely. I've had autoupdate turned off for a while. This goes for iOS AND apps. I've always had the iOS set to "manual update." Per the last video, all apps now have the same setting.

D

Did you cache your maps before you left home ? Likely app has updated via IOS , not really DJIs fault other than wanting you to sign in.

One of my pre flight pre leave home routines is to check the maps on IOS especially.

On Crystalsky/Android you can download off line maps but not for satellite view so I still check it.

Likely iOS has updated your apps while it was on charge.

I always cache my maps. Problem solved. Rolled back Go app to v3.1.1. Rock solid, and never have to sign again for as long as I live.

I have a real hard time trusting the Chinese government for some reason. Unfortunately Chinese companies are at least to some degree, at the mercy of their government, no ifs ands or buts, thats just the way it is.
When I went to sign up for the DJI beta program they wanted a photocopy of my driver license. Why would any foreign company want that to join a beta program?

I've had a bad taste since then.
The chinese have been "spying on us at least since the ZTE cell phones. I had a ZTE cell phone and was not admitted to Government facilities as it was discovered that the ZTE cell phone was transmitting even when not in use. In a simpler form it was "EASE DROPPING"!!! The phones where reporting back to an "Unknown source". The dji drones can do the same thing. One of my customers has an electronic lab as part of his business. I gave my drone to him after hearing about my phone and bigger than life there was a sub routine running any time there was a battery in the drone. His lab could not shut down the sub routine as every time they tried the routine would "hide". I'm not a Techie so his explanation to me was so that I could understand it. Also if you use the dji editing app you give dji the rights to your work. READ THE FINE PRINT !!!!

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44