Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Chinese Stock Market Drops Dramatically...

My guess would be not at all considering DJI is a privately held company and many of it's investors are American. Furthermore, Chinese stock market is a much smaller percentage of GDP compared to the US.

After Fresh Investment, Chinese Drone Maker DJI Valued at About $8 Billion
Accel investment amounted to $75 million

BN-IH119_DRONEI_J_20150506152845.jpg
ENLARGE
DJI’s drones are easy to fly and shoot high-definition footage, making the products popular with photographers and filmmakers. PHOTO: MARCIO JOSE SANCHEZ/ASSOCIATED PRESS
By
JACK NICAS and

DOUGLAS MACMILLAN
Updated May 6, 2015 11:43 p.m. ET
2 COMMENTS

Chinese drone maker SZ DJI Technology Co. secured a $75 million investment this week that values the company at roughly $8 billion, according to people familiar with the situation, propelling the firm into an exclusive club of startups and signaling Silicon Valley’s high hopes for the commercial promise of flying robots.

Venture-capital firm Accel Partners said its $75 million investment in SZ DJI Technology is one of its largest ever.

“We think [the drone sector] is still an early market, but one that we think is a new global technology category,” said Sameer Gandhi, who led the investment for Accel, based in Palo Alto, Calif. “This is the company we believe is going to be the leader in that category.”

The Accel deal flows out of broader DJI fundraising talks reported last month by The Wall Street Journal that could ultimately value the drone maker at around $10 billion. Those talks continue with other potential investors, according to one of the people familiar with the situation.

DJI says venture firm Sequoia Capital already is an investor.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-drone-maker-dji-raises-75-million-from-accel-partners-1430915407

just a US territory that is as bankrupt as Greece..... and as being a US territory not able to apply for IMF funds... Just another economic true up forthcoming.

Not surprised, there isn't much of an economy in PR to begin with.

But they can just hop over to mainland US for the welfare check, sorry i mean job opportunities

just a US territory that is as bankrupt as Greece..... and as being a US territory not able to apply for IMF funds... Just another economic true up forthcoming.

I was just being facetious. A little something I learned from the Finishing School of Fine Humor and Human Interaction of The Editor at Oxford. ;)

Oh, by-the-way, that was Oxford, North Carolina.

I was just being facetious. A little something I learned from the Finishing School of Fine Humor and Human Interaction of The Editor at Oxford. ;)

Oh, by-the-way, that was Oxford, North Carolina.

Know the area well Two schools come to mind first is the Oxford Prep school and the 2nd one is the Federal Correction Complex in Butner NC - where Bernie Madoff teaches economics and money management.....

Reactions: EMCSQUAR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool