Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cine License: Buy with I2 or later?

Reaction score
Some who have issues with their I2 and send it in later have issues getting the preinstalled license back on the refurb that DJI mails back and not working as the license was locked with the original bird.

Any reason to buy the I2 without the license to see if it's a good one and if so, buy the license after any issues are sorted out rather than with the bird to start?

In my opinion figure out how much the license is really worth to you, and do you think you will need it right away. I ended up purchasing the license when I purchase the drone, it cost an extra $1,300. I do ALOT of TV commercials for a TV Studio in the area and figured they would want the higher quality, well I was wrong. Its extreamly rare they want anything other then 1080P, and once in a while they will request 4K footage. Any other job I do Ive been told "The files are too big and we don't have the equipment to handle that resolution"

So in the end, I have yet to use my licenses for any job so far with my I2. That $1,300 would have been better spent on more batteries / accessories.

So my advice to you, is figure out how many jobs you will be able to use those licenses with, if you can get back your 1,300 quickly then go for it. if not, then I would wait it out and only get it when you know you have enough clients requesting that high resolution.

Reactions: marctronixx
Thanks Jason for that idea.

Given my past bad luck with new DJI drones and the need to return them for Q.C. matters when new, I'm thinking best to wait and see how the I2 performs for a month or two. I'm not enamored with their policy of sending back a used, and maybe worse looking refurb than what I sent in, plus not getting the license back either on the refurb.

Having to deal with DJI service isn't pleasant at times. Might be better to buy the I2 at Best Buy (They show no camera with it though?) and get the camera elsewhere and bolt it together. Least Best Buy will exchange a bum unit for a new one unlike DJI Store/Service where you get back a battered and questionable refurb. Then add the license and SSD card later if needed before the warranty runs out and the bird works as it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinr076