Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CNN visits DJI HQ, shows M100 and head-movement camera

It was cool to see duel cameras in action on the m100 ..
their ir camera looks wicked. .
Does the image work on a tablet or is there a specific screen required? ?

Well on the video the IR image is running on an iPad. Me am not so much interested in the M100, but that cool automatic opening drone port that DJI uses to fly into the wild...StarWars style...

In the other video it was mentioned that the Lightbridge in the m100 had the Hdmi and analog inputs that the standalone unit has, so the flir is likely simply connected to the analog input.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Drones at Walmart. Who woulda thought it would happen.

Well at least it'll be the cheapest possible place to buy them if their business model extends to drones.

they should make the stuff and modular system for us and not other things...

Drones at Walmart. Who woulda thought it would happen.

Well at least it'll be the cheapest possible place to buy them if their business model extends to drones.
We all should have seen this coming. .
Did we expect corporate America not to try and capitalize on drones??
Is this the beginning of the end for responsible pilots??
Will the flood of drones in the air cause it all to get shut down??
I guess we'll have to see..
Good thing is that drones are expensive and most people won't just let their doe flyaway or crash ..
That's the only thing I think that will save us for a while. .
Personally I like that hobby stores and on line retailers have been in the drivers seat for sales,but we all know what will happen to those guys when walmart.com gets in the mix..
turbo. ...

Last edited:
Looks like a home build drone. Dji rushed to launch it, solo is way nicer then this.

Wow, either you're trolling hard or you don't understand a thing about both manufacturers' product lines.

Trolling? Not at all. I have an I1 and not interested in purchasing the solo. Just voicing my opinion.

Whats all this hostility? Do you have a share in DJI's company?

Looks like a home build drone. Dji rushed to launch it, solo is way nicer then this.
Hey Luke..
They don't offer a rtf version of the m100 ,so it will be a homemade drone..
So I guess it looks like what it is...
Solo what's that?? Oh ya..the over priced phantom copy cat that doesn't come with a gimbal and won't be available until sometime in July if they get the firmware working. .
In my eyes the m100 looks pretty trick to me...

Last edited:
Hey Luke..
They don't offer a rtf version of the m100 ,so it will be a homemade drone..
So I guess it looks like what it is...
Solo what's that?? Oh ya..the over priced phantom copy cat that doesn't come with a gimbal and won't be available until sometime in July if they get the firmware working. .
In my eyes the m100 looks pretty trick to me...
Each to their own.

Whats all this hostility?
3DR have been providing components for homebuilt machines since they started, and now with the Solo are starting to try and play catch up in the RTF market against the Phantom series.
DJI have recently concentrated on the RTF market with said Phantom, and are now bringing their new innovative tech back to the DIY/built to purpose market with the M100.

Comparing the M100 and the Solo makes no sense at all, apples and oranges... the M100 looks home built because that's exactly what it's meant to be.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I don't like seeing drones so readily available. When more and more inexperienced users obtain them, the more stories you'll hear about people invading privacy, flying by airports etc. However, how is that dude controlling the inspire camera? looks like he's wearing beats by dre headphones over his eyes lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop