Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Coconut Drop ... What a Coconut he is !!!

Mje

Reaction score
Hi Guys was Browsing youtube and found its video ..
Here is a gut flying a Typhoon H puts a Coconut on it takes it up 300 feet and drops it ..
I have post a comment on his channel to remove it as it will ruin our love to fly drones ..
if our members do the same he might remove it ..
Everyone knows how heavy a coconut weighs .. and what a impact it does when it hits the ground ..

Mje

i do not seem to understand why that is such a problem as they are alone, (ok some safety things could have been done as a plexi wall and some goggles) but they are on an empty space, having several cameras recording the impact of an object from a specific hight not endangering anyone... i'd probably sponsoer them to be able to do it in even more safe conditions like the mythbusters but they are on a different level by now... i wonder how they started off...
maybe the guys should not use a local BB court to test what they did but no harm done and others were also not harmed or wrecklessly endangered...
my personal opinion no offense meant

i do not seem to understand why that is such a problem as they are alone, (ok some safety things could have been done as a plexi wall and some goggles) but they are on an empty space, having several cameras recording the impact of an object from a specific hight not endangering anyone... i'd probably sponsoer them to be able to do it in even more safe conditions like the mythbusters but they are on a different level by now... i wonder how they started off...
maybe the guys should not use a local BB court to test what they did but no harm done and others were also not harmed or wrecklessly endangered...
my personal opinion no offense meant

we have laws to follow in flying these drones and yes we do break some of these rules .. im just saying that we don't encourage this type of behaviour if the word got out on what capabilities these drones can do and can be used for sinister activities .. that a pretty heavy load and at that height can do some serious damage .. also if people start to do this drones will be banned and our love for this hobby will go out the window .. its hard enough now to fly but that's a golden rule he broke .. I know you stated his flying in his own property but the air space above his land is not his and under control of the FAA .. please correct me if Im wrong on my last paragraph ..
Mje

Last edited:
Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Let me say clearly I think these are ignorant and unsafe stunts. You can read the regulation above and form your own opinion..

Reactions: ted35
Besides the law, I don't see an issue if you do this somewhere in the desert but in an area like here with all the surrounding houses, nah, that's stupid. Let the copter shake a little bit and the coconut bounces around, the impact area will be a completely different one..

These guys are stupid but the idea was funny.

What happens to the coconut is exactly what would happen to a persons head if a coconut was dropped on him.

Scary thought, teenage youtube warriors flying around, capable of dropping (any kind of) objects anywhere.

What happens to the coconut is exactly what would happen to a persons head if a coconut was dropped on him.

Scary thought, teenage youtube warriors flying around, capable of dropping (any kind of) objects anywhere.

That's what I mean.. they will want to think up all sorts of stuff and post it ..

It all starts with something small and then gets bigger and better. If they did have a safer environment such as the mythbusters it would be great I hope they work / play smart and give us some cool videos. I hope they do it within certain guidelines so it doesn't make it harder on us down the road with more rules.

I think if they're going to drop items from their drones they should move to a more remote area. Like the post above states with 91.15.... Doesn't look like they're endangering anyone buuuuuuut they're in the middle of a residential area. If for whatever reason their drone decided to take off that would be a huge liability with a coconut hanging under it. Ya feel!?

I do believe this is very illustrative to what inresponsible drone pilots can expect. Did you all realize what the damage/burden/disaster could be in such a situation when an Inspire goes down like that? Visualizing such an event will keep us all awake and obey rules! No offence to all good pilots!

Reactions: Mje
Does anyone know the average flight speed of a swallow carrying a coconut?

images

Dear OP and like-minded,

You should mind your own business and not complain because someone else is enjoying their life more than you while they have some fun at no one's expense. :p

Great video, BTW.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido