Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Color Choices and Compression

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying . . .I realize these are .jpg's so the compression numbers may NOT be a good representation of color choice vs compression, but ITS ALL I GOT FOR YA ;)

So, as I was in test flight #4 of "The Deuce" I was looking at the choices of the color options in the Go4 APP. They are different than what I've seen for the Phantoms. This screen shot has cut off the names, but I think it will still be an aid for anyone that would have also done this in their test flights/research.

I would normally shoot in D-LOG, but noticed this camera also has CINE-LOG . . . Hhhhmmmm got some homework to do on that. This chart will NOT be a great help as far as the thumbnail and how good the colors look, but may give you some assistance in deciphering. The compression factors for the files, MAY or MAY NOT be of use. If not, just hit NEXT ;)

I hope others will share similar type research with this forum and hopefully it will help simpletons such as myself learn more about this industry from those much wiser.

#woot ~

Attachments

• i2ColorandCompressionInfo.png
    i2ColorandCompressionInfo.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
How do you find the quality of the stills? I know the video is great, but I haven't seen much info on stills... Any chance you could post one?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael . . . I'm still getting comfortable with the Go4 APP and the new capabilities, so I'm sure the product quality will be better as I learn more about my involvement to get the best out of the X5S. For me the biggest challenge is assessing what is on the tablet . . . and deciding how to tweak it better ! Here are a couple of pics. (pics are too large for this forum, but see if this works: EQB View on Twitter to get you some I sent earlier

Hi DEC,

Thanks for posting! I just unpackaged my I2. I am charging my batteries and waiting for the weather to clear :). Have you taken any RAW images yet?

Hi DEC,

Thanks for posting! I just unpackaged my I2. I am charging my batteries and waiting for the weather to clear :). Have you taken any RAW images yet?
ya . . .been shooting in JPG+RAW. Was in a hurry when I posted the pics (above) and didnt have time to mess with the RAW pics. Size of course is quite a bit larger, but to be honest I didn't see a great more detail, but really haven't 'tried to get great pics' yet. I'm literally 6 flights into this and still adapting to the changes in the app and additional capability of the camera as well as the craft.

ya . . .been shooting in JPG+RAW. Was in a hurry when I posted the pics (above) and didnt have time to mess with the RAW pics. Size of course is quite a bit larger, but to be honest I didn't see a great more detail

Hi Dec,

JPGs will have sharpening applied in camera and will always look sharper than the "unprocessed" RAW files. You can make your sharpening choices after the fact in a much less destructive way in RAW.

Reactions: DECinHSV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix