Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Color Grading plug-ins FCPX

Apple has recently done a lot of work upgrading the grading tools in FCP X and it's now got the ability to have multiple LUTs applied (including creative ones). So, before buying add-ons like Finale, I'd check out the tools built in and see if you can manage to use those to do what you want. Ripple Training have a series of free videos on their youtube channel which will introduce you to the new FCPX color features, and they've a bigger set of paid tutorials for colour correction in FCPX if you want to go down that route.

I do have Color Finale Pro, but so far I've really only needed to run it on a couple of projects. It is useful if you have a Color Checker video passport as you can get auto correction using the passport swatches (I think that's a feature available in DaVinci Resolve too).

LUTs applied (including creative ones). So, before buying add-ons like Finale, I'd check out the tools built in and see if you can manage to use those to do what you want
Will do.

t is useful if you have a Color Checker video passport as you can get auto correction using the passport swatches (I think that's a feature available in DaVinci Resolve too).

I'll look into the color checker and XRP training. Thanks Nick

You were right.
The stock color grader should suit my needs just fine.
Clicked and dragged it to the storyline and didn't notice any changes but ok I see how to get to my rgb wheels and stuff now. Keep it between 100 & zero.
Pretty **** Good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters