Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Colour and contrast

Reaction score
Looking at the skypixel website I don't really like the over saturated colours on virtually every video and photograph. Whilst more colour and contrast packs a better punch, at what point is it too much? (Perhaps i am answering my own question i.e. Personal preference!) What do you guys think?

Looking at the skypixel website I don't really like the over saturated colours on virtually every video and photograph. Whilst more colour and contrast packs a better punch, at what point is it too much? (Perhaps i am answering my own question i.e. Personal preference!) What do you guys think?
Probably impossible to answer since it is subjective.
Every single shot you see on television or cinema has been graded so that is either down to the director who maybe after a specific look/feel or the colourist who is grading on the day.
Travel adverts will use warm and over saturated colours to make you want to go there.
Dramas can use very muted tones for a subliminal effect.
If I'm grading scenery I don't mind pushing the sky a little (saturation) but pumping up the grass etc just looks stupid and like a Leprechaun is going to appear!
Totally subjective.....

Whilst it is totally subjective, isn't it a bit of a race to the bottom?
It's not the same thing as everybody using Eastman color and then kodacolor. Aren't we getting to the stage where the color in most images is unreal? Just like the old color TV sets where some of my friends parents would always have the color turned right up. I would always turn it down so it was undercoloured. Perhaps it is all my Methodist upbringing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markus_Walker77