Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Compass Needed

Reaction score
Hey Folks. My inspire crashed the other day. Wish i had footage. I was testing my inspire out back of my place, and the inspire took off at me. I managed to control it, somehow, but after much fighting, the Inspire won and crashed into a wall. Beast is fine, except the nose cone was dented in. Like, con-caved in, baby. Bad: broke the compass that's hiding underneath. Everything else on the bird is working fine. Everything powers up, gimble still works after taking a bit of a header, app works, connects. Haven't tried the Simulator, but I figured that since it uses the inspire's flight control system to operate, it probably wouldn't work either, and keep asking for a compass calibration which happens in camera mode.... which doesn't work, because the compass is broken.

All right. Does anybody think it would be possible to use another compass? When using other flight control systems with GPS, are the compasses specific for that system? is the compass just a compass? I know circuit wise, they may be different.. but if i could somehow find a 5 pin compass (it has 5 wires attaching it to the controller), what do you think? any techies here?

peace,

BSC

Hey Folks. My inspire crashed the other day. Wish i had footage. I was testing my inspire out back of my place, and the inspire took off at me. I managed to control it, somehow, but after much fighting, the Inspire won and crashed into a wall. Beast is fine, except the nose cone was dented in. Like, con-caved in, baby. Bad: broke the compass that's hiding underneath. Everything else on the bird is working fine. Everything powers up, gimble still works after taking a bit of a header, app works, connects. Haven't tried the Simulator, but I figured that since it uses the inspire's flight control system to operate, it probably wouldn't work either, and keep asking for a compass calibration which happens in camera mode.... which doesn't work, because the compass is broken.

All right. Does anybody think it would be possible to use another compass? When using other flight control systems with GPS, are the compasses specific for that system? is the compass just a compass? I know circuit wise, they may be different.. but if i could somehow find a 5 pin compass (it has 5 wires attaching it to the controller), what do you think? any techies here?

peace,

BSC

Where is the compass on the Inspire?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar