Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Complete Inspire 1 Pre-Flight Checklist, Feedback Welcome

Reaction score
Hey guys, like you I'm active on most every Inspire 1 thread, forum, etc. I bought mine when it was first announced last Nov and I've gone through every firmware update. I'm pretty sure I've read every thread/post about crashes. I've made a preflight checklist that, I believe, prevents all preventable crashes. It's pretty sweet, because it lights up as you check each box. Then it lights up as everything gets checked. I welcome feedback, of course! It only gets better with your input. Thank you!

http://www.dronefrontier.com/inspire1checklist/

Reactions: morreale and Tj_
Does anyone have a UK operations manual they would share with the world?
Considering doing my license next year for some part time skits in the local area and would love to see a blueprint of waht I would have to do.

Nobody seems to want to share.

Does anyone have a UK operations manual they would share with the world?
Considering doing my license next year for some part time skits in the local area and would love to see a blueprint of waht I would have to do.

Nobody seems to want to share.
Most people guard their ops manuals like fort Knox. It is something personal to your own operations and not really pertinent to anyone else. I would be very surprised if anybody will share their document with you.
Having said that nearly all NQE's will give you an outline of what needs to be covered.
The document will normally run to between 40-60 pages and covers things such as:
Company/individual details
Aircraft specs
Operating limits
Safety procedures
Emergency (boldface) actions
Pre/During/post checklists
Mandatory occurance reporting (MORS)
Flight crew make-up
Human Factors
Insurance
Flight logs
Risk assessment page example
Risk Matrix
Flight logs
Maintenance logs
Safety procedures and explanation of actions in event of a fly-away.
Job spec and procedure for flight planning
ATC communication
As well as the above a set of FRC's (Flight Reference Cards) are required and will be needed for your flight assessment.

Or.....you could sign up for one of my courses that will let you know what you will be in for here
(Look away now if you are offended by shameless plugs :p)
UK based Flight Training School/Academy | DJI Inspire Forum

Most people!e guard their ops manuals like fort Knox. It is something personal to your own operations and not really pertinent to anyone else.
Having said that nearly all NQE's will give you an outline of what needs to be covered.
The document will normally run to between 40-60 pages and covers things such as:
Aircraft specs
Operating limits
Safety procedures
Flight crew make-up
Insurance
Flight logs
Risk Matrix
Flight logs
Maintenance logs
ATC communication
As well as the above a set of FRC's (Flight Reference Cards) are required and will be needed for your flight assessment.

Or.....you could sign up for one of my courses that will let you know what you will be in for here
(Look away now if you are offended by shameless plugs :p)

Thanks, end of the day most people are flying the same craft, inspire, s900,s1000, single or dual operator, have to adhere to same laws for the most part, the document can't be that unique as most people will surely have similar goals and equipment and ultimately documents.

If people want to keep it hidden to make it harder for the competition I get that. Would just be nice to see it all done in a way which is approved by CAA for say a single op who just want to make a few quid on the side doing videos and photos for estate agents, surveys etc
I'll pay you £100 up front if you want to send me your ops manual, you can strike out personal details like your name, and number etc.

I just want to see it written in a way which got approved and how long it should be etc.
No rule against this right?

PM me your paypal if interested :)

Thanks, end of the day most people are flying the same craft, inspire, s900,s1000, single or dual operator, have to adhere to same laws for the most part, the document can't be that unique as most people will surely have similar goals and equipment and ultimately documents.

If people want to keep it hidden to make it harder for the competition I get that. Would just be nice to see it all done in a way which is approved by CAA for say a single op who just want to make a few quid on the side doing videos and photos for estate agents, surveys etc
I'll pay you £100 up front if you want to send me your ops manual, you can strike out personal details like your name, and number etc.

I just want to see it written in a way which got approved and how long it should be etc.

I totally understand what you're saying but the whole point of writing the ops manual yourself is you have to understand exactly what goes in there and why.
If people were to share their ops manuals all over the place then some individuals would simply copy and paste their own details in the relevant areas and submit it. They would however have no real understanding of what or why explanations and procedures are in there. Then, when the time comes they would not be operating according to their own working practices bur somebody else's. Part of your flight assessment is you are given certain 'emergencies' and must react without hesitation and in absolute strict adherence to your own emergency procedures. If those procedures are somebody else's then you will not instinctively follow them (as you didn't sweat over them and write them)
It's as much a safety thing not sharing ops manuals as well!as other reasons.

Hope that clarifies things.

Most people guard their ops manuals like fort Knox. It is something personal to your own operations and not really pertinent to anyone else. I would be very surprised if anybody will share their document with you.
Aircraft specs
Operating limits
Safety procedures
Flight crew make-up
Human Factors
Insurance
Flight logs
Risk Matrix
Flight logs
Maintenance logs
ATC communication

(Look away now if you are offended by shameless plugs [emoji14])
I hope you are an approved inspirepilots.com vendor. I might have to suggest a thread lock if not! [emoji12]

Reactions: The Editor

Be patient save your £100, when you pay your fee you will get a template. At least Eurousc do. Its not a big deal and a lot is pre written for you, just get your own procedures, specs etc in the slots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth