Continuous AF on X7?

Reaction score
Hey folks! New to the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7. I've got the 16mm lens. Wondering if there's any continuous autofocus available?

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm constantly tapping on the video preview to focus. Seems nearly impossible to keep things in focus like this?

On the Inspire 1 X5 there are TWO switches for AF. One is a hard switch on the camera itself. The other is in software. In the Go App it's in the upper-right hand corner. I don't know where it is with whichever app the Inspire 2 uses. Obviously, you want to make sure that both of those switches are set to AF.

Pro Tip: For 99% of my shooting the subject is outside the ∞ area. So I just set focus MANUALLY on a far-away subject and leave it there. AF has NOT been my friend. SLIGHTLY out of focus isn't seen until you get home on a good monitor. I also use Focus Assist.

D

What are you shooting? Close ups or anything over 15'? I believe the infinity focus is about 15' from the lens. So just set in manual at infinity in most cases.