Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Continuous AF on X7?

Reaction score
Hey folks! New to the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7. I've got the 16mm lens. Wondering if there's any continuous autofocus available?

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm constantly tapping on the video preview to focus. Seems nearly impossible to keep things in focus like this?

On the Inspire 1 X5 there are TWO switches for AF. One is a hard switch on the camera itself. The other is in software. In the Go App it's in the upper-right hand corner. I don't know where it is with whichever app the Inspire 2 uses. Obviously, you want to make sure that both of those switches are set to AF.

Pro Tip: For 99% of my shooting the subject is outside the ∞ area. So I just set focus MANUALLY on a far-away subject and leave it there. AF has NOT been my friend. SLIGHTLY out of focus isn't seen until you get home on a good monitor. I also use Focus Assist.

D

What are you shooting? Close ups or anything over 15'? I believe the infinity focus is about 15' from the lens. So just set in manual at infinity in most cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool