Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

About to throw in the Towel on my Inspire 1 Pro Blacks!

I shoot Manual most of the time, but remember, the reason i changed the sensitivity settings in the beginning was because it was so fast, i would barley touch the sticks and the craft would jerk to the left or right in a heartbeat, almost impossible to film smoothly and try to turn, so i wanted the sensitivity turned down. I took the craft out about 5 days ago and the winds were about 15 MPH and prior to that someone had mentioned to turn the attitude down to 70 and the thing drifted like mad, so the attitude is back at 100 and brake is at 100. Ill test some more today but its really almost impossible to fly it around and take nice video without it jerking at the slightest touch of the sticks :/
Apologies, I have just re-edited as I had attitude wrong. I still think of these in terms of old multi wii PIDs and the old WKM interface and it has changed a bit and sometimes confuses me. I'm also no expert.

You are correct. Attitude determines how quickly the aircraft reacts to your stick movement. But braking is as I described. Knock the braking back up and your drift should be much better. However you'll then have the jumpy movement in some shots... it's a trade off if you don't fly Atti mode. You can then start knocking down the attitude mode to remove sensitivity on the sticks, but before doing that I would play with your expo if you haven't already.

Last edited:
the reason i changed the sensitivity settings in the beginning was because it was so fast, i would barley touch the sticks and the craft would jerk to the left or right in a heartbeat

The main setting you'd want to change for that is the control expo. That's the only one that really directly affects what the craft tries to make of your input.
Next thing is... to train yourself to be smoother on the sticks. That's what we all did. Indeed lengthining the sticks helps.

Reactions: SanCap
The main setting you'd want to change for that is the control expo. That's the only one that really directly affects what the craft tries to make of your input.
Next thing is... to train yourself to be smoother on the sticks. That's what we all did. Indeed lengthining the sticks helps.

How do you lengthen them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are using your thumbs it will be harder to be smooth than if you pinch them between index and thumb. I find this provides much finer control.

Just a note , the Inspire does move around a lot more than the P3 and 4 in hover, where as the P4 for instance is like a tripod the V2 Inspire does move around, even with perfect braking and settings in even the smallest wind in hover both position and altitude will move up to a few feet at times in my experience.

I have the same Inspire as you do and here is the settings I use, I have no problems at all with the Inspire, give it a try and see what you think.

Settings. use the left most settings.

DEFAULT: = right value

Throttle up/down 0.40 0.40

Rudder right/left 0.20 0.40

Backward/right Backward/left 0.40 0.40

Sensitivity :

Attitude 90 100

Brake 90 100

Yaw Endpoint 125 150

Gain Settings:

Pitch 100 100

Roll 100 100

Yaw 100 100

Vertical 100 100

Gimbal Wheel speed 30 ?

Gimbal settings:

Gimbal Pitch EXP 40 50 96 100

Gimbal Yaw EXP 40 50 100 100

Gimbal Yaw smooth 15 20 25 15

Gimbal Pitch smooth 15 20 25 15

Gimbal Yaw synchronous OFF ON OFF

For stills, I shoot in manual and try to stay at ISO 100. I have also found that both the 12mm and 45mm are sharpest at f5.6 or f6.3. I use the right wheel (with shutter speed selected) to get proper exposed shots.

Apologies, I have just re-edited as I had attitude wrong. I still think of these in terms of old multi wii PIDs and the old WKM interface and it has changed a bit and sometimes confuses me. I'm also no expert.

You are correct. Attitude determines how quickly the aircraft reacts to your stick movement. But braking is as I described. Knock the braking back up and your drift should be much better. However you'll then have the jumpy movement in some shots... it's a trade off if you don't fly Atti mode. You can then start knocking down the attitude mode to remove sensitivity on the sticks, but before doing that I would play with your expo if you haven't already.
Tommy you need to do a complete re-calibration of everything including the remote when you do the imu calibration get you a good level that you know is accurate, check the level both ways, and level the table and, or use the level across the top of the prop hubs and get the bird perfectly level your imu value probably should be around 14 or 1500, the remote calibration is important, also you might install the 32 channel hack, it works. Your bird will drift a bit in the wind if your brake is 80 or below, I dont think there is anything wrong with the equipment. Since the 1.6 update the bird is not as gps locked, I dont care what anyone says, It simply isnt. The latest updates and apps seem to have a problem with barometric sensor readings this could of course be affecting the entire system relative to the position lock

Im just checking have you set your IMU compass etc?

Also the movement when you are v near to the ground is accelerated by the down draft of the UAS.

Its not stable enough in my humble opinion but it looks to me like P mode is not engaged and its in atti mode so if its switched to p on the remote does the go app tell you you are in P mode or atti?

Hi Jason

Good news , I got my original inspire 1 black edition back from Dji repair and it flies like a dream, the way it should fly, before it crashed it had these same problems, when it crashed I bought a second one which is what I wrote about in this post, ever since I got the repaired one back like I said it's flying perfect, I have never flown in atti mode, always calibrated etc... not sure what the issue was but we are good now, also latest firmware on everything

One more thought. Have you considered down versioning your firmware and see if its a software issue. We have a recent inspire 1 black pro and it flies very well. We also have another plain inspire 1 and it did similar stuff on a different version of the firmware.

MikeCA, I tried everything, every firmware combo possible, it has been a long road, if anything happens to this Inspire I wouldn't buy this again that is for sure , too much time wasted on something that should be A+ quality.

MikeCA, I tried everything, every firmware combo possible, it has been a long road, if anything happens to this Inspire I wouldn't buy this again that is for sure , too much time wasted on something that should be A+ quality.

just to throw in my two penny's worth here, my mate bought a second hand inspire two weeks ago, had exactly the same drift issue's, i calibrated the IMU and it is rock solid.

just to throw in my two penny's worth here, my mate bought a second hand inspire two weeks ago, had exactly the same drift issue's, i calibrated the IMU and it is rock solid.

Re calibrating the IMU is something i do all the time when i get a new drone, update firmware or just have strange issues, as well as the RC and compass... in my situation nothing helped me. VERY surprised my "repaired" drone works perfect now but before i sent it in was all over the place...

There's nothing different between the black and the white except color are you flying near electric lines or anything that throws off some kind of radiation also when you calibrate the compass when you do the first 360 degree turn stop dead when it tells you to don't go any farther in spinning it. There's nothing covering the very top of your inspire is there gps is in the dome .

There's nothing different between the black and the white except color are you flying near electric lines or anything that throws off some kind of radiation also when you calibrate the compass when you do the first 360 degree turn stop dead when it tells you to don't go any farther in spinning it. There's nothing covering the very top of your inspire is there gps is in the dome .

No, not flying near anything that could cause problems, like i said my P4 flys perfect in the same space, now that i got my original Inspire Black back from repair it works like a dream so there was something wrong with the bird, have no idea what it was, still has the same latest firmware but now it flies fline.

You said that it behaves better the higher you go... is it possible that it is some sort of issue with the VPS??

Not sure, i know now that i have my repaired one back i have just left the VPS on and its behaving fine now, in the past i had turned it off....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst