Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller Dead

Reaction score
I2 purchased a little over a year ago in a bundle that included two controllers.

I cycle the batteries properly and at the recommended frequency.

Today when inspecting everything I noticed that one of the controller's is completely dead. Nothing can be done to make it beep or light up. I've left it on the charger for several hours and it is still dead as a doornail.

I figure somehow the LiPo went bad and needs replacing. There is a store locally that I can have it tested to confirm but I won't be able to get there for a week or two.

A new controller runs around $600. Has anybody had this issue before or can anyone recommend a solution?

Thank you

It does sound like a battery issue in the remote. You can do as you plan and have a local shop look at it and find a replacement battery. You could also send it back to DJI and have them repair it, neither may fit your time frame. We do get people upgrading to the Cendence controllers and do get used I2 controllers from time to time. Send us a message or give us a call.

I greatly appreciate your response. It was helpful.

Without knowing everything I've done can you think of anything specific I could have done to prevent this equipment failure?

And yes, I would be interested in replacing it with one that works should y'all come across one in the near future.

I can probably go close to 30-45 days without replacing it so no real rush but we have to have two so too far down the road and we'll just end up buying a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop