Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cost of repairs ???????

Reaction score
I hope I'm not starting a thread that has already been posted, I checked but could not find one,
I had a bit of a rough landing and broke my Inspire 1 (pilot error 100%) I broke one of the arms in two places and damaged the gimbal. I have already sent it to LA and am playing the silent waiting game now.
My question is, has anyone had to pay for similar repairs, and if so how much did it cost you?
Thank you in advance for your replies

i totalled an inspire 1 except for the camera. the certified used factory relpacement cost me 1,000 clams. just the copter and a new camera housing/shell. the nice part was the copter they sent as used looks and flys like brand new. it landed upside down, and the worm drive area was toast.

yours will most likely be less

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I'm wondering the same thing as the OP. I broke an arm and the ribbons tore out of the gimbal plate this past weekend!:(
Hey brother. .
I'm guessing your repair will be in the 650 range give or take 150 if you send it to dji la..
perhaps give lenord at the carbon fiber shop in San Diego a call and see if he can do the repair and you can fix the ribon cable yourself. .
hope you get it sorted out soon !!
Turb...

Looking for best option to repair my Inspire 1. broken right arm ... right of gimbal/camera. Also an alignment problem since crash was on that right/forward arm. First crash with Inspire and a bit of concern about the prop mounting. Using the quick-attach mods for the props and as I was returning back to my position the prop flew off and thus the crash on a golf course. Obviously can't determine the fault ... maybe mine for not double checking prop mount ... more concerned that it was the mount failure ... maybe back to the self-tightening props. Is there a Certified repair center in the US for Inspire 1 or is it simply better to send it back to DJI? Just sitting here trying to figure out the best approach. Couple authorized dji dealers indicated that they can do the repairs. Would appreciate any comments on your experience with this type of damage and who did the repairs. Thanks.
Photos attached

Attachments

• IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3295.JPG
    IMG_3295.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
Looking for best option to repair my Inspire 1. broken right arm ... right of gimbal/camera. Also an alignment problem since crash was on that right/forward arm. First crash with Inspire and a bit of concern about the prop mounting. Using the quick-attach mods for the props and as I was returning back to my position the prop flew off and thus the crash on a golf course. Obviously can't determine the fault ... maybe mine for not double checking prop mount ... more concerned that it was the mount failure ... maybe back to the self-tightening props. Is there a Certified repair center in the US for Inspire 1 or is it simply better to send it back to DJI? Just sitting here trying to figure out the best approach. Couple authorized dji dealers indicated that they can do the repairs. Would appreciate any comments on your experience with this type of damage and who did the repairs. Thanks.
Photos attached
I sent my bird back to DJI, LA. because this bird is different and there are no authorized repair facilities outside of DJI. And I want to retain my warranty. But the down side is having to wait at least 8 weeks.

Photos attached
Hi,
Had the same break on mine, finding the parts is the tricky part but managed to find some on eBay so did the repair myself, as long as you have a good soldering iron it isn't tricky - the only fiddly bit is unsoldering and resoldering the coax for each antenna. There is a clip on YouTube showing how to remove the motor etc and the carbon fiber arm. It all pretty straight forward. Hope this helps

I sent my bird back to DJI, LA. because this bird is different and there are no authorized repair facilities outside of DJI. And I want to retain my warranty. But the down side is having to wait at least 8 weeks.
Thanks ... sounds like the best option.

This is the arm,,
I1_RFALG_1.jpg

This is the arm,,
I1_RFALG_1.jpg
Can you tell me how the bell crank is attached to the arm? I had a mishap this week end and it appears that the bell crank has changed position on the arm. I am considering trying to repair myself do you have any comments. Has any sort of service loop been included in the wiring or do you have to pull both motors and the antennas to examine this part?

Hi,
Had the same break on mine, finding the parts is the tricky part but managed to find some on eBay so did the repair myself, as long as you have a good soldering iron it isn't tricky - the only fiddly bit is unsoldering and resoldering the coax for each antenna. There is a clip on YouTube showing how to remove the motor etc and the carbon fiber arm. It all pretty straight forward. Hope this helps

You are taking a chance if you reinstall the motors yourself. They must be set at a precise angle, with a small tolerance. There is now one repair center for the Inspire in the US, if not on the DJI site, it should be there soon.

When I crashed mine, and it is still off for repair, the assessment was $398.

But, I noticed that the ribbon cable had a crack in it and the camera/gimbal was somewhat restricted in movement and bent.

The repair assessment said nothing about those 2 items??? I have emailed this question to repairs. I have posted it in the ticket area. Silence!?!?

Do you think I should call??

I would hate to get it back and the ribbon cable is still cracked and the camera/gimbal is still bent and restricted!?!?

Your thoughts???

When I crashed mine, and it is still off for repair, the assessment was $398.

But, I noticed that the ribbon cable had a crack in it and the camera/gimbal was somewhat restricted in movement and bent.

The repair assessment said nothing about those 2 items??? I have emailed this question to repairs. I have posted it in the ticket area. Silence!?!?

Do you think I should call??

I would hate to get it back and the ribbon cable is still cracked and the camera/gimbal is still bent and restricted!?!?

Your thoughts???
Absolutely call, why take the chance...

Remote died on my and came home and hit a tree. Sent it in to DJI and it was about 6 weeks and sent me a whole new setup for free. So that was nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters