Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cost to start commercially

Sorry I missed this portion and someone actually PM'd about it.

Anyways if you have an interest and do your research you will find there are 3 different kind of UAV/UAS schools available. The first one are generally state run universities which offers Science degrees in UAV. The second ones are similar to trade schools that both offer Science degrees in UAV along with UAV Pilot certification. Now the big distinction here is that the trade school institutions deal with large, over 55lbs UAVs and Drone that are typically used in military operations. Another version of this deal with large, over 55lbs Hexacopters that are used in Hollywood to carry large heavy cameras and gear for commercial use. The third one is what I am enrolled in are basically designed for the under 55lbs multi-rotors. Most of these kinds of schools are catered to commercial photographers, cinematographers, or specialized areas where small drones are used in agriculture, oil industry, and small film productions.

The one I go to is based out of Sacramento and have been preparing to open the school up for quite sometime. Until recently they finally decided the time was right and with the advise from the different industries along with their close relationship with the regional FAA. The school has created a curriculum designed based on the current information from the FAA once they finalized the operational licensing for UAVs. The whole focus of this school is to provide, prepare, and assist the candidate to pass for the FAA test once it is open.

The fees for the course is very nice and priced right. The tuition covers the FAA Test fees, Aircraft registration, and Licensing Fee. That is considering once FAA pulls the trigger they and I would anticipate there will be a crop of other schools to open and the tuition will certainly be much higher.

If any of you are within the Sacramento or San Francisco bay area and are interested in taking the course please PM me.

Here are the class details.

"This course is designed to provide the training necessary for you to pass your FAA UAV/Drone Pilot written test and flight training necessary to maneuver a drone for video/photo operations. The tuition also includes the test fee charged by the FAA authorized test center, registration for your drone, FAA paperwork filing, books & class materials and job placement assistance in the commercial sector. Also we will offer mentorship & business support (website, mobile app, logo design, business license, etc. for a small fee) for those who wish to market themselves as their own drone business.

The FAA is not expected to pass the final ruling for a few months and at that time will establish the testing, licensing and registration infrastructure for drone commercial pilots. Our industry sources have advised us what will be required when the final ruling is passed and we have based our training syllabus around those requirements. If the FAA has not issued the final ruling by the time drone pilots graduate from Drone University you will be notified immediately when FAA testing is available and get your license. We currently are positioning ourselves with industries that will be looking for qualified pilots once the ruling is passed so our graduates will have a huge advantage over others.

Tuition is $1,995 for the entire course which includes your new drone kit ($1,495 if you bring your own drone)."

Hope to see some of y'all.

Is this by Bravo Mike Aviation ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez