Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Couple of questions...

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
1. I wanted to do an indoor flight today inside a large church building. Do I still need to calibrate the compass to fly inside, or is this just either gonna cause issues since there is metal in the building and bright theatrical lights, or will it not calibrate at all if done inside or should this be done? Does it still need compass calibration for indoor flight or not???

2. How do you manually change the EV setting on the camera if you are shooting in advance manual mode. I downloaded some of the special LUT's that were designed for the I1 (http://neumannfilms.net/product/dji-inspire-1-luts/) it says to set the EV at -.3 but doesn't explain how to do it and for some reason I don't see anyway on the pilot app to do this???

3. Lastly I purchased and received my new hard shell rugged travel case from tradecraft today! (http://www.tradecraftcases.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=INS1) This thing is awesome! I love it, but I was wondering, with the wheels on it does anyone think that the wheeling over slightly bumpy or gritty terrain would cause too much, if any vibrations inside the case and would adversely affect the I1 and its components in a negative way. I'm just not sure how these things work in regards to this, or perhaps with the amount of foam that secures everything in the case and its design maybe the vibrations don't do anything to any of the components...??? Thoughts???
Thanks guys!

-Clint

1. I wanted to do an indoor flight today inside a large church building. Do I still need to calibrate the compass to fly inside, or is this just either gonna cause issues since there is metal in the building and bright theatrical lights, or will it not calibrate at all if done inside or should this be done? Does it still need compass calibration for indoor flight or not???

2. How do you manually change the EV setting on the camera if you are shooting in advance manual mode. I downloaded some of the special LUT's that were designed for the I1 (http://neumannfilms.net/product/dji-inspire-1-luts/) it says to set the EV at -.3 but doesn't explain how to do it and for some reason I don't see anyway on the pilot app to do this???

3. Lastly I purchased and received my new hard shell rugged travel case from tradecraft today! (http://www.tradecraftcases.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=INS1) This thing is awesome! I love it, but I was wondering, with the wheels on it does anyone think that the wheeling over slightly bumpy or gritty terrain would cause too much, if any vibrations inside the case and would adversely affect the I1 and its components in a negative way. I'm just not sure how these things work in regards to this, or perhaps with the amount of foam that secures everything in the case and its design maybe the vibrations don't do anything to any of the components...??? Thoughts???
Thanks guys!

-Clint

1. Yes, calibrate the compass, regardless of indoor or outdoor. If it gets enough sat signals, it's possible to get GPS lock indoors. I would recommend flying ATTI indoors, though, to prevent gimbal jerk at GPS loss (until the new firmware comes out).

2. Press the right RC wheel to change EV settings in manual mode.

3. If you're going to drag the case across rough ground, I would do an IMU calibration afterward. Or carry the case to avoid.

1. Yes, calibrate the compass, regardless of indoor or outdoor. If it gets enough sat signals, it's possible to get GPS lock indoors. I would recommend flying ATTI indoors, though, to prevent gimbal jerk at GPS loss (until the new firmware comes out).

2. Press the right RC wheel to change EV settings in manual mode.

3. If you're going to drag the case across rough ground, I would do an IMU calibration afterward. Or carry the case to avoid.

Thanks quadpilot for your response!

On the issue with question 2, when I am in manual mode in the camera and use the right dial on the RC it only changes the shutter speed. How do I switch it to change EV instead? I can't seem to select EV at all in the advanced pullout drawer...!

On the question 3 answer, I'm not looking to drag the case over crazy bumpy surfaces, I'm mostly referring to the typical bumpiness you get from even like carpet or concrete. I guess I just wanted to know how susceptible the I1 is to bumps and how does this affect the IMU???

Thanks a lot!
-Clint

Last edited:
Thanks quadpilot for your response!

On the issue with question 2, when I am in manual mode in the camera and use the right dial on the RC it only changes the shutter speed. How do I switch it to change EV instead? I can't seem to select EV at all in the advanced pullout drawer...!

On the question 3 answer, I'm not looking to drag the case of crazy bumpy surfaces, I'm mostly referring to the typical bumpiness you get from even like carpet or concrete. I guess I just wanted to know how susceptible the I1 is to bumps and how does this affect the IMU???

Thanks a lot!
-Clint

2. In manual mode, you can change the EV only two ways: by shutter speed or ISO. Pressing the right wheel allows you to switch between the two. The EV will be determined by the camera exposure meter, which will tell you when the right combination of ISO and shutter speed gives you a certain EV (check the histogram). Remember, aperture is fixed at 2.8, so the only way to control correct exposure is by varying ISO, shutter speed, or ND filter on or off.

3. Anytime you bump the Inspire in a significant way, I would check sensor values within .01 of normal (.00 and 1.00). Compass values between 1400 and 1600.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipjoy