Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cozumel

Looks great! Two people with two controllers? I like the way you fade between takes. Way better than those I see that abruptly change scenes. What editor are you using?

Looks great! Two people with two controllers? I like the way you fade between takes. Way better than those I see that abruptly change scenes. What editor are you using?

One operator for this one, actually. We were experiencing the video dropout in the 2nd controller pretty regularly so we set it up but eventually my camera operator lost confidence that she would be able to see the scenes without video dying in the middle.

So I was winging it solo.

I've since come up with a theory that this is a bug in that when the main controller switches channels with the AC in "auto" the 2nd controller isn't properly informed and it stays listening on the "old" channel for video from the AC.

I intend to test out using "custom" mode to hard wire a channel but that kinda defeats the benefit of letting the system pick the best channel in case of interference etc.

Using Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

I don't know if I accomplished the "have a story" advice I had received and shared with others but for me at least I just wanted to share the awesomeness of the place, the crystal clear water etc, and the "hope" that goes along with having a place like this to remember and go back to. (Especially after getting a record TEN FEET of snow this winter in Boston)

Hence the song selection ("Hope" by Tony Anderson) from The Music Bed. The Music Bed has some great music but wow, is it expensive. $199 for this one song for non-commercial web video use.

I figured it was a vacation piece and it fit so well, though, I'd splurge :)

Also trying to keep it short, including only the best shots. The music piece is only 1:40 so I let it force the issue.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Did some more editing in Premiere Pro, based on feedback from another forum and my own nits:

Change log:
- Fixed a title issue on opening scene
- Used Warp Stabilizer on final scene for a smooooth motion flight over the lighthouse at the end
- Addressed Digital Director forum feedback about the "Rule of 180" and using neutral transition scenes to alternate 180 scenes
- Changed pirate ship scene from three clips to two, the second one now does a 10X speed-up to the look-down on the ship vs the cut
- Replaced an ocean scene with a flyover of a roadside bar/hut/beach. Had enough ocean and the hut was cool and very Cozumel-y.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop