Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

crash lost footage

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had my first crash today. Hit a 30 ft tree and dropped. Kind of still in shock :(. Heres my question. After recovering my inspire and retrieving the sd card, I realized the footage I shot was gone. I am sure I started recording. If I don't push stop, will the footage file not save?

When I found the quad, the battery was out. I had a broken boom and the gimbal was broken in half with the wire cut.

also does anyone know if i can change the gimbal without the camera, as the camera seems fine apart from the wire?

(A tip on recording. If you are recording in mid flight and change the camera settings, the camera will stop recording. I lost some good footage)

sorry to hear about your issue. If your gimbal is gone your camera is toast. They are meant to stay together. You could do what I did with my phantom, send in the camera and buy a new one. This will give you a backup when it arrives. Unfortunately it sounds like your whole Inspire needs to go in though.

If you do send your camera in for repair, here is a short story for you, and it my be different with the inspire. I sent my phantom vision 2 cam in to be fixed after a crash in November (trying to fly in and out of deck fence posts. You get pretty confident after a while). I emailed them and complained a few times about how long it was taking then I forgot about it. No joke I got an email 3 days ago (April 29) saying my gimbal has been shipped back to me. Apparently phantom gimbal repairs are the thing that take the longest so I hope it does not extend to Inspire gimbals. Another funny detail, they said it would cost a couple hundred to fix. I guess it took so long they felt bad for me because I never got charged.

sorry to hear about your issue. If your gimbal is gone your camera is toast. They are meant to stay together. You could do what I did with my phantom, send in the camera and buy a new one. This will give you a backup when it arrives. Unfortunately it sounds like your whole Inspire needs to go in though.

If you do send your camera in for repair, here is a short story for you, and it my be different with the inspire. I sent my phantom vision 2 cam in to be fixed after a crash in November (trying to fly in and out of deck fence posts. You get pretty confident after a while). I emailed them and complained a few times about how long it was taking then I forgot about it. No joke I got an email 3 days ago (April 29) saying my gimbal has been shipped back to me. Apparently phantom gimbal repairs are the thing that take the longest so I hope it does not extend to Inspire gimbals. Another funny detail, they said it would cost a couple hundred to fix. I guess it took so long they felt bad for me because I never got charged.
thanks, will contact dji support and see what they say. I hope its free too : ) , because I saw that the inspire gimbal+camera is around 495 brittish pounds.
But my main question is, is my footage gone, or is there some way to recover it?

If you crashed while it was filming, it is very possible the file was corrupted and gone. If it is not on the card, it is bad news.

If you crashed while it was filming, it is very possible the file was corrupted and gone. If it is not on the card, it is bad news.
**** :( its like adding insult to injury Lol. Drove 2 hours to get that footage

ouch, sorry dude. If it makes you feel any better, I flew to Portugal (Azores to be more specific) for a vacation and couldn't wait to make a video of my parents home land. Had a compass error first flight on the first day and it just took off and crashed in a corn field. Thats when I lost that camera. Had a week vacation on a beautiful Island and no quad.

Reactions: kirtc
Update* I found the file on the sd card when connected to the pc. it shows that it is 1.5gb but won't open, any ideas anyone?

Hey kirtc..
Welcome to the forum!!
Sorry you had a touch of bad luck!!
When you get your inspire back you might want to use a screen recording device like the mobizen app so you'll have a back up recording in case something like this happens..lol..
Hope you get back in the air soon!!
Turbo...

Hey kirtc..
Welcome to the forum!!
Sorry you had a touch of bad luck!!
When you get your inspire back you might want to use a screen recording device like the mobizen app so you'll have a back up recording in case something like this happens..lol..
Hope you get back in the air soon!!
Turbo...
Thanks Turbo, I will do that. I did recover the footage using the link above, but will definitely download a back up app once I'm back online. Hopefully soon.IMG-20150501-WA0009.jpg 20150501_164214 (1024x576).jpg

Thanks Turbo, I will do that. I did recover the footage using the link above, but will definitely download a back up app once I'm back online. Hopefully soon.View attachment 1448 View attachment 1449
Nice!!
I'm guessing the cost to repair your inspire won't be too bad ..
I've seen similar crashes get repaired for around 500 USD not including the camera..
Also you might be able to sell your camera even though its damaged..
Turbo...

Sorry to hear of your experience, I had a similar experience hitting a branch when the inspire went out of gps and in to atto mode.
For me the simplest solution was to replace the camera. two weeks to find one and get it to jamaica but better than a six week wait returning to DJI.

Sorry to hear of your experience, I had a similar experience hitting a branch when the inspire went out of gps and in to atto mode.
For me the simplest solution was to replace the camera. two weeks to find one and get it to jamaica but better than a six week wait returning to DJI.
thanks, any ideas about the boom/leg ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa