Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed my inspire today, inoperable now.

Reaction score
So, I went to a baseball field about 7 miles from home. Went up (second flight) and all was beautiful. Apparently the field owners (local township) strung fishing line from home plate backdrop to the outfield lights (maybe for holiday lighting?) but went up about 20' and a prop hit and got tangled in the line and she went down FAST!! Not sure what's gonna happen next.. Luckily I "forgot" my lightning cable, so I didn't bother hooking camera up. Hoping new arm is easy to either replace or have fixed inexpensively.. I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 136
Very sorry to see this and hear about this! I was just reading a few things online about fixing carbon tubing breaks. Looks like a lot is on bicycles where they might care about strength but changes in weight are not as important. I'm curious - do the two ends "fit" into each other cleanly?

Sorry AJD..don't let it get u down..it happens to the best of us.. (well not some pilots on here,there too good ) I'm surprised the carbon fiber broke..I thought it would be stronger. .

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I'm not surprised it broke look at witch carbon fiber arms he has. Sucks about your crash hope you get it fixed quickly. there are alternatives to carbon fiber replacement as well.

Very sorry to see this and hear about this! I was just reading a few things online about fixing carbon tubing breaks. Looks like a lot is on bicycles where they might care about strength but changes in weight are not as important. I'm curious - do the two ends "fit" into each other cleanly?
Not very clean, I know of mending products but they need space on both sides to use. One side break is right at the arms T connection which is diff material. Not an easy one but I appreciate the help.. Gonna see what DJI says tomorrow....

yep version he has will have way less flexural strength they are stronger over all but have less give. there carbon also look very dry hard to tell from the pic though.

So, I went to a baseball field about 7 miles from home. Went up (second flight) and all was beautiful. Apparently the field owners (local township) strung fishing line from home plate backdrop to the outfield lights (maybe for holiday lighting?) but went up about 20' and a prop hit and got tangled in the line and she went down FAST!! Not sure what's gonna happen next.. Luckily I "forgot" my lightning cable, so I didn't bother hooking camera up. Hoping new arm is easy to either replace or have fixed inexpensively.. I'll keep you updated.

I am sorry to tell you but the entire arm assembly must be replaced. You cannot even replace individual motors without rebalancing them. DJI LA has the parts. Please contact them tomorrow. They will be able to help you.

This is actually really interesting information. Hypothetically, if we had a motor fail and were out of warranty, we'd have to replace the entire arm?

I don't think so but you could not just replace the motor unless you balance the motor.

Terrible. Very sorry. This sounds like my dumbass luck. Look at the bright side- you got the crash over with. The chances of you hitting fishing line again are one in a million! Trees, that's something else. I'm sure it will work out. I do remember seeing a demo video with Eric in which he said the inspire is NOT crash friendly. That truly did give me pause hearing that. But, we press on. When you must have it, you must have it!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
really sorry for your crash..ouch!
i hope you can replace the arm yourself..but i hav my doubts..i get the feeling it has to be done by dji and you will need to send it in.
in any case,it could have been worse. good luck and please keep us posted with cost,time etc, if you don't mind.
this could have been any one of us..we feel your pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips