Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed with Prores/ Cinema dng license replacement cost?

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with replacement/repair cost of drone? Do they charge retail for replacement?

Are you asking whether DJI will transfer your ProRes/CinemaDNG licenses to a new drone?

If so, I was unable to convince DJI to do that when I crashed my Inspire 2 and replaced it. I think it is possible, if you get the right person on the line. But I was under time pressure for a film shoot, and couldn't get it done quickly.

If not, can you be more specific? Thanks.

I am specifically asking if you sent in totaled drone with License the cost of replacement? I don’t expect them to allow me to transfer to one of my other I2’s. I see they have refurbished units for $2300 vs retail. Just curious if anyone knows what cost would be. I know the license follows the drone except in this particular type case. Sorry if I’m not being clear.

DJZ
Are you asking whether DJI will transfer your ProRes/CinemaDNG licenses to a new drone?

If so, I was unable to convince DJI to do that when I crashed my Inspire 2 and replaced it. I think it is possible, if you get the right person on the line. But I was under time pressure for a film shoot, and couldn't get it done quickly.

Anybody have experience with replacement/repair cost of drone? Do they charge retail for replacement?
There's a lot of unknown variables here. I purchased my Inspire2 with Best Buy in the US and also purchased the replacement package. I crashed my drone and burned out 3 of the 4 rotors. Best Buy wasn't able to fix it at the Dallas repair center and shipped it to CA where DJI has a repair center. After weeks of waiting I finally get my drone back at zero cost to me. Don't know who paid for what because I doubt the damage was covered under warranty. I'm sorry that this doesn't answer your question but just another angle of possibilities.

I am asking if I send a crashed drone that has Prores/Cdng License attached and DJI deems it totaled. What kind of cost does DJI want to replace/repair . I will be sending to DJI shortly so I will find out but figured someone might have had this scenario and can share cost that was involved. To be more specific I am not trying to get them to transfer License to any other drone other than the one being repaired/replaced.

If you use DJI repair they will transfer your license to the new or repaired drone. Having a crashed drone repaired by them is the only way they will transfer the license. I had two I2 crashed the one that had the license and asked if they would transfer the license to my backup I2. Nope. So, sent it in for repair.

If you use DJI repair they will transfer your license to the new or repaired drone. Having a crashed drone repaired by them is the only way they will transfer the license. I had two I2 crashed the one that had the license and asked if they would transfer the license to my backup I2. Nope. So, sent it in for repair.

Thanks for the response. What kind of damage and cost? I will be sending this one in also. I actually bought this unit as a package in order to get everything and figured it would be worth sending in. An authorized DJI repair center wants $2600 to repair but I know DJI should be more reasonable.

I just sent my I2 back to DJI in CA for the second time. First time they "fixed it" but it still wasn't right. I had a significant crash and the total after two attempts is approx. $1,700.00. I wanted to buy a new aircraft and have them transfer over the licenses but they wouldn't do it. I even told them to keep the old aircraft so I couldn't somehow "cheat" them into a second license and they still wouldn't do it. I doubt most people know of this nonsense. I told a manager I was able to get on the phone that the day a new company comes along, and it will, I'm gone along with a lot of other people I know. I would be okay if they had to charge me a fee to transfer the licenses. They know how to do it because if you have refresh it's part of the deal. I don't know if it's cheaper to have DJI do repairs. However I do know many people who have had to send the same aircraft in multiple times for the same problem. I should get my drone back in about ten days and hopefully it's actually fixed this time. I initially thought it was totaled but apparently not. We shall see.

Reactions: royce_007
Well that doesn’t sound good at all. I’m a bit of a hobbyist and I’m sure many on here would think I’m nuts for having such an expensive drone for something other than work. Haha. I’m just a gadget nut. It’s a shame that they have done this and now I’m a little discouraged in actually purchasing the license. I just got the drone this summer. I mean, do I honestly need such an expensive program? Probably not. More of a curiosity for me. And after reading this now I’m really debating. The programs sound fantastic and I’ll have some fun tinkering with them. I’ll have to give it some thought if either of the licenses is worth buying. It would be an incomplete package since this drone is intended to take advantage of high end software. Pondering...

Reactions: SMD and royce_007

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg