Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Froze / Crashed

Reaction score
So I was on a flight a couple days ago and the screen just froze on a frame mid-flight and would not respond. The controls still functioned so I brought my I2 back, shut down the CS monitor and restarted the app and it seemed to work fine the rest of the shoot (it never even stopped recording when locked up) but that is a scary thing! I’ve had dropouts in video signal but never had the app just lock up like that.

Is this a common occurrence? I’ve only had the CS for the past few shoots and this was my first “real” shoot with the X7 so not a real confidence booster.

It’s been happening to my CS ultra bright intermittently since new around 12 months ago.

Full lock ups, temporary freezes, Go4 app crashes, screen unresponsiveness, etc.

Some days I will get several errors of this type yet at other times I can fly all week without a single issue. I didn’t try to get it repaired because:

1. I didn’t think DJI would test the unit long enough to guarantee seeing the problem.
2. I thought it was probably down to the rubbish Android operating system as Go4 worked flawlessly on my iPad but not on my Android tablet.
3. I need it too much to be without it for several weeks while it is away for repair.

In a passing comment to my local equipment supplier they said that my issues were not the norm and that initial flaws in the ultra bright model hardware design were likely to be the cause. As I was just about to go to Australia for 4 weeks (without my I2) I have returned it to DJI for repair and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they fix it before I return to the UK.

Ugh...I was hoping it was more of a fluke thing or could be remedied by firmware.

And of course, the CS has worked perfectly on every test flight but started messing up on my first real gig. Annoying.

If it’s not an ultra bright then it might have been more of a one off than a systemic problem so see how it goes. I’ll try to remember to post back with my experience of DJIs repair/replacement of my faulty unit.

No, mine is not the ultra-bright; just the standard 7” screen.

Thank you so much. I’d really appreciate that. I’ll also keep this thread updated with any issues. Pending weather, I have another flight scheduled this week...fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,
Go to factory reset helps and keeps it running for awhile. It happens when update firmware and DJIGO 4 app. You know you will have problems when the FPV view looks shakey.
If you are in flight just restart the CS NOT the controller and should go back to normal.

You're exactly right - the FPV was all choppy / glitchy right before it froze!

So you're saying that after doing the CS firmware and GO app updates then do a factory reset? Won't that remove all the updates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG