Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

crystal sky monitor (ultra bright) issue

Reaction score
So I finally got around to booting up my ultra bright Crystal Sky monitor.

I have the high brightness ones too and they work well.

This one when I first turned it on it didn't seem to be coming on. Then I could see that it was actually on but without the back light. So I continued the set up with a really bright flashilight and eventually the light came on. I was updating the I2 the other night and it was working... then I tried to update last night and it wouldn't come on. and then came on with out the light. got the flashlight on and eventually rebooted and the light came back on.

Has anyone else experienced this. Its kind of a drag taking a half hour to unbug the crystal sky to get it to light up before using it to update the I2.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Phil

Unfortunately yes, we have seen CS Ultra units with this issue. If I understand correctly, your Ultra did not have it's backlight for a period of time (very very dim display) and then later things returned to normal with regular brightness/backlight?

Yes that is the issue. It worked again last night. Hopefully, the latest software update helped. Is there any work around or solution that helps diminish that issue?

Is there a series of buttons that will "hard" reboot the crystal sky. I somehow got it to that screen with the flashlight and the reboot started up bright.

Last edited:
Yesterday after being in a case for about one hour my 7.85" ultrabright was very warm and had a black screen. Even after it cooled down there was not display that I could see. The flashlight idea does allow me to read the screen, but the CS is no longer useful for flying. I will try rebooting now that I can read the screen with a flash light.

Yes the day I had the latest problem, the battery on mine was completely dead. I was pretty sure It was turned off when I put it away the day before so I found that odd.

On that incident, I think the crystal sky decided to reboot itself somehow ... I suddenly saw a reboot now message on the screen and quickly hit it and it restarted correctly. Next time it is working make sure you note the positions of the things like "." and commas or other hard to see keyboard buttons.

My main issue is GO app crashing which is very distracting especially when on a paid job! I have the Ultra bright, if only Carlsberg made a drone I would jump ship!

Yes, it’s crazy but when I have a critical flight with just one take to get it right I always ditch the Crystal Sky & use my iPad Pro for reliability.

I have had major problems with my Ultra, as well as my Cendense.

1 Checked batteries before a job. Left overnight in powered off ultra. Started flying and the battery lasted 5 mins.
2 Started again with fresh battery. Lasted 10 mins before an overheating alert and it shut down. Waited a moment or two then restarted. Could see a VERY faint image, then it shut down, never to start again. Have returned to supplier.

At the same time, I had recently updated all firmware with successful test flights - except, I could only fly at a walking pace, as if it was in Tripod mode.

Yet, when I went into Tripod mode and used the speed slider, the I2 happily flew at full speed.

As my Ultra was dead, I had to make my original controller back into the Master using an iPad.

Guess what? The I2 now flies perfectly normally.

A Cendense problem, or the combination of Ultra and Cendense? Needless to say, I sent them both to my supplier to check out.

BTW. DJI Select Membership is $29.99 a year. I got it expecting nothing. Last week I ordered Cendence and Ultra CS in one order. Although they stated my order would ship with the last estimated date of 20 - 25 days for Cendence it was shipped next morning. I went online to check the order and found I could have used 20% off coupon for the $999 CrystalSky. I called in to ask for help and they said I could refuse the order from FedEx to avoid paying return shipment back and they would refund me. They suggested I re-order with coupons so I did. Paid $799.20 (including tax & ship) for UltraCS. They shipped again next day from Georgia. When I ordered 5.5" CS they shipped same day. Came FedEx 2 days from Georgia to Chicago.

I saved $293. (-$30 membership) and received expedited shipping.

So far no problems but I've yet to hear the fan on my Ultra CS start up. The 5.5" one does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam