Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Monitors

Maybe there is a port underneath the tablet holder bracket on the controller, and can be swapped in the future with an upgraded version that connects to such port? Anybody taken their bracket off there I2 Tx yet. Eh?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
No there isn't a port under the bracket. The only thing that the new bracket does for the CrystalSky is it has a new connector, same as on the new MacBook Pro's, and it has a built-in/connected cable that plugs into the USB port on the Controller. Downside is that if the cable breaks, you can't simply plug in a new one, which really stinks. They should have just made it so that you have a removable cable so that we can have spares readily available. Versus now they way they have it, you would have to purchase the entire mount to have as a backup. Way to go DJI. Definitely weren't thinking when they designed that. Or they were with the eye on making more money versus keeping us users happy.

Just received 7.85 Crystal Sky (1,000 nit, not the Ultra). Shows "disconnected" from I2 on CS screen. Anyone else seen this communication problem?

Just received 7.85 Crystal Sky (1,000 nit, not the Ultra). Shows "disconnected" from I2 on CS screen. Anyone else seen this communication problem?

Are you using the CrystalSky Mounting Adapter or connecting with a standard Type-C or Micro USB Cable? Have you completed the latest CS Firmware update to V02.02.09.00? When the I2 and RC are powered up are you receiving a green light on the RC?

Yes, I'm using the new RC CS mount with integral cable. Yes, latest firmware was updated today. No green light.

I appreciate your thoughts on what might be wrong.

Yes, I'm using the new RC CS mount with integral cable. Yes, latest firmware was updated today. No green light.

I appreciate your thoughts on what might be wrong.

No green light on the RC means that the RC is not connected or paired to the I2 unit.

Here is a great video to walk you through how to re-pair the RC and I2 unit:

Pairing successful, but CS DJI Go 4 says (as I'm configuring unit) "no internet connection" when I'm standing next to router and computer with active internet. It had a successful internet connection to do the Firmware upgrade, so something has changed.

Pairing successful, but CS DJI Go 4 says (as I'm configuring unit) "no internet connection" when I'm standing next to router and computer with active internet. It had a successful internet connection to do the Firmware upgrade, so something has changed.

Reset CrystalSky

I personally recommend the below for out the box setup, it's important you Update to the latest firmware.

1: After Initial setup factory reset by going into Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset then clicking Reset Device.

2: When it reboots reconnect CrystalSky to your wifi network (you will need to put the network wifi password in again) then go into Setting, then Update and click Check For Updates, let it update and reboot.

3:After the update has completed I strongly recommend performing the Factory Data Reset in step 1 again just to set the image back to default then you should be all good to go.

You should be writing DJI's Manuals!

That all worked, although I had to repeat the sequence twice before I could connect to the I2. It wanted to treat the I2 as an I1.

The controller Firmware is now updated and I can see both cameras on the CS. GO 4 shows a firmware update is availabke fir the I2.

Can I update the I2 firmware direct from the CS USB port or USB mini from the RC to I2? Can't find any instructions for that.

That all worked, although I had to repeat the sequence twice before I could connect to the I2. It wanted to treat the I2 as an I1.

The controller Firmware is now updated and I can see both cameras on the CS. GO 4 shows a firmware update is availabke fir the I2.

Can I update the I2 firmware direct from the CS USB port or USB mini from the RC to I2? Can't find any instructions for that.

You can just use a standard Micro USB cable from the I2 to the Micro port on the side of CrystalSky but make sure you set the switch to tablet mode on the I2 next to the port

Just follow the onscreen prompts :)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Reactions: Advexure
lrXLUl

View attachment 15400

Glad to hear, thanks for chiming in with the additional support @Mad_angler1, much appreciated. Safe flying.

I2 firmware update had to be done from an iPad. Could not get CS to connect to I2 to perform update trying different cables. But now ready to fly.

Thanks for your help. Your instructions are very clear and logical. I would happily pay for your "manual", if you choose to write one!

I'm wondering if the Epson Moverio BT 300 might be a better alternative to the CS.
It would be cheaper, would mean no looking down at screen and would satisfy government regs in each country as far as constantly keeping drone in site. With a tablet, you are actually breaking the law by taking your eyes off the drone while you look at the screen.
The view from the Moverio is awesome!

I'm wondering if the Epson Moverio BT 300 might be a better alternative to the CS.
It would be cheaper, would mean no looking down at screen and would satisfy government regs in each country as far as constantly keeping drone in site. With a tablet, you are actually breaking the law by taking your eyes off the drone while you look at the screen.
The view from the Moverio is awesome!
White Airwolf, you are absolutely right, but are you shore that the BT300 is compatible with inspire 2? i used to use the Avagant with i1 but DJI with there FW updates stop this compatibility , and now i am stuck with this device. they can do the same with the BT300, since they preferring their FPV advice witch is normal.

White Airwolf, you are absolutely right, but are you shore that the BT300 is compatible with inspire 2? i used to use the Avagant with i1 but DJI with there FW updates stop this compatibility , and now i am stuck with this device. they can do the same with the BT300, since they preferring their FPV advice witch is normal.

It is compatible. Fly my I2 all the time with it. It is nice to see all the screen info and be able to see your I2 as the same time.

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Anyone know the size of the mounting holes on the sides of the Crystal Sky? I would have thought they would have used a standard tripod 1/4 x 20. Then you could have used widely available mounts.

Anyone know the size of the mounting holes on the sides of the Crystal Sky? I would have thought they would have used a standard tripod 1/4 x 20. Then you could have used widely available mounts.

I found it from someone making a tripod mount for the CrystalSky. They are 5mm screws.

Evolution 3D make a 3d Printed one, I have a full set of their brackets and they are really good tbh.

Don’t let it being printed Put you off.

Reactions: Fly Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez