Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Monitors

Anybody else using the Crystalsky on a phantom 4 pro? It works great on the i2 but the P4P is so bad. Constantly resets then crashes. Not a big deal just seeing if anyone else is using on both.

Anybody else using the Crystalsky on a phantom 4 pro? It works great on the i2 but the P4P is so bad. Constantly resets then crashes. Not a big deal just seeing if anyone else is using on both.
Ive been using both the 5.5 and 7.8 with the p4p and i2 with no breakups on either one, they have been fully rock solid.
I think I am on older fw though, so that might be the difference.

Reactions: Advexure
Ive been using both the 5.5 and 7.8 with the p4p and i2 with no breakups on either one, they have been fully rock solid.
I think I am on older fw though, so that might be the difference.
I think you are right. I know better than to update but I did anyway. My fault.

Thanks very much! I did see there was an update but was hesitant to do it while on a shoot.... if it has the over exposure warning and corrects the lag, it's worth doing now.

Ooookay.... so I got the system update on the Crystal Sky done, and not only is the lag MUCH worse, but there still is no over exposure warning (zebras) which is what I was updating for anyway. The lag is resulting in horrid freezes with completely pixelated screen. Totally unusable now! (this is on an Osmo Raw, not Inspire... but we were hoping to pick up the 'big brother' to this monitor for the Inspire. Not at all impressed thus far!

One day the crystalsky is great then the next day it is so bad. I thought it was because the WIFI was on but that is not it. I can not use it on my p4p and today I had to power off the CS just to get it to reconnect while using my I2. Does anybody know if DJI is pushing any updates to these things. It is not a location issue. I am going back to the iPad for now.

Mine wasn't great, but was usable until I did the update. Now it's useless. I should never have attempted it in the middle of a shoot! Big mistake....

So here is the 'official' response I got from DJI today: the Crystal Sky is NOT fully supported for use on an Osmo. They tell me that there is no information when it might be, and suggested I continue using my Apple products which are working fine. This is a complete mystery to me since DJI is marketing the CS as compatible with the Osmo Pro and Osmo Raw, and are even releasing mounts for such use. But this is clearly not the case given the performance (or complete lack thereof). I'm not sure what good it is to me now.... plus, they dropped one of the most useful tools available in the Apple interface, the over-exposure warning (zebra stripes)! I still have them on my iPhone and iPad app, but DJI has for some inexplicable reason dropped it from the pre loaded app on the CS. The peaking is still there, but without zebras it's a deal breaker for me. I loved how bright it was, but it's still useless.

I was sent the cable to hook up the osmo pro to a USB cable eliminating the need to connect with wifi.
Works like a charm with the CS. Yes the zebras are gone but the display is pretty lag free and no stress with congestion on wifi killing the feed to my phone.

^yes, my cable is on the way. I was never a fan of the wifi so with the cable we should be good to go in any environment.

^yes, my cable is on the way. I was never a fan of the wifi so with the cable we should be good to go in any environment.

There is a little lag but no way as bad as the issues I've had with using the osmo pro and my iPhone. Absolute nightmare when I've been in high traffic areas. Screen lag makes it unusable. The cable is a definite and coupled with the CS screen really good.
I put some Velcro on the cable adapter and stick it underneath the port where the focus wheel connector is.

Reactions: johnmont250
Wait till you plug in your 3G/4G Verizon dongle. Powers up fine. No driver in DJI version. I had a long chat with "tech support" (NOT)... Nice 5.5 monitor for Mavic. So much for dongle, will move to 6620L, Works best in remote areas...

Looking fwd to 7.85Ultra for my I2. Big storage. Oddly enough. The 5.5High works just fine in Florida sun. DJI needs to get it together on support... Folks are nice, just can't get anything done...

Wait till you plug in your 3G/4G Verizon dongle. Powers up fine. No driver in DJI version. I had a long chat with "tech support" (NOT)... Nice 5.5 monitor for Mavic. So much for dongle, will move to 6620L, Works best in remote areas...

Looking fwd to 7.85Ultra for my I2. Big storage. Oddly enough. The 5.5High works just fine in Florida sun. DJI needs to get it together on support... Folks are nice, just can't get anything done...

Why do you need/use the dongle. I mean what do you use it for- I tether my iPhone if I need data out and about but not sure why I need it!

I would assume the CrystalSkys will come with two different mounting adapters given that the P4 RC will require a two-point mounting adapter (same as I1 RC) and the I2 RC has the new three-point mounting adapter. I haven't taken the tablet holder off of an I2 remote but I believe what may be under it is the exact same mounting mechanism as the P3, P4 and I1 remotes all have and the plate has just been redesigned to be stronger for increased weight support.
The I2 Remote still only has 2 points of contact. 2 Screws, one at top and the 2nd going in sideways like on the Inspire 1 and other remotes. They replaced the thumb screw with a regular screw and made it look like there were three points / screws holding it onto the controller.

Reactions: johnmont250

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool