Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky not compatible - latest Inspire 2 firmware

Reaction score
UPDATE: DJI has pushed the update for the CS.
I suggest using the official update. This was a temp fix.

DO NOT update to latest firmware if you need to use your Crystal Sky monitor. NOT compatible.
Unable to break the 100ft barrier.
There is no update to the Crystal Sky monitors currently.

Last edited:
DO NOT update to latest firmware if you need to use your Crystal Sky monitor. NOT compatible.
Unable to break the 100ft barrier.
There is no update to the Crystal Sky monitors currently.

I HAVE $12k in paperweights.
Have DJI done it again? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am unable to downgrade to the previous firmware also. So once you update, it will be a challenge if not possible to go back.
What I don't understand is that I was able to get a handful of test flights in a couple of days ago with no limits.
Now the waiting games starts for a new software update for these Crystal Sky monitors that I can not use.

Just a thought, but as a workaround, have you tried having a different device connected during power-up to remove the limits then switch to the crystalsky?

Far from ideal and obviously not a long tern solution but it may deal with the issue for the moment while you await new firmware ...

After 1.5hrs of no tech help from DJI support. I found the DJIgo4 app.apk for android. I transferred it to an sd card and installed to the Crystal Sky. I now have 4.1.3 running. I am heading out for a test flight or 5 and will report back.

Just a thought, but as a workaround, have you tried having a different device connected during power-up to remove the limits then switch to the crystalsky?

Far from ideal and obviously not a long tern solution but it may deal with the issue for the moment while you await new firmware ...

That worked for me but is ridiculous that it has to be done to get the CS to work.

After 1.5hrs of no tech help from DJI support. I found the DJIgo4 app.apk for android. I transferred it to an sd card and installed to the Crystal Sky. I now have 4.1.3 running. I am heading out for a test flight or 5 and will report back.

Can you share the app.apk file or link?

Did you just insert the card into one of the card slots on the CS?

What apps did you install?

ASDr, it is a frequency finder. I’ve had it for awhile now. It requires a usb antennae.

It’s not possible for the SD card to cause the interference.
Phones, Bluetooth watches, Bluetooth anything, Wi-Fi, all transmit in 2.4 and 5.8
I leave any device that transmits in these frequencies away from the controller and turned off.

I am happy to say that I have about 5 flights with the Inspire 2 and 5 flights with a Mavic Pro with great connection and performance.

I do believe hope that DJI will update the CS soon with the correct file.

Last edited:
ASDr, it is a frequency finder. I’ve had it for awhile now. It requires a usb antennae.

It’s not possible for the SD card to cause the interference.
Phones, Bluetooth watches, Bluetooth anything, Wi-Fi, all transmit in 2.4 and 5.8
I leave any device that transmits in these frequencies away from the controller and turned off.

I am happy to say that I have about 5 flights with the Inspire 2 and 5 flights with a Mavic Pro with great connection and performance.

I do believe hope that DJI will update the CS soon with the correct file.

I found everything does function properly within the app except the Editor, which I do not use.

Did you notice that the on/off switch for Geo fencing is gone?

Reactions: cvanhoose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide