Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky not compatible - latest Inspire 2 firmware

@cvanhoose, this is a great find. We had a few reports of this issue over the last 24-48 hours. Great information and awesome find. You have a Happy 4th sir! :cool:

You may want to check with your DJI contacts as it seems that 'officially' CrystalSky is still in Beta which is why those not actually in the Beta program can't see the latest firmware...

There was some surprise expressed by the DJI reps elsewhere that these units were already in the hands of end-users...

It might seem that someone got ahead of themselves in shipping out stock to the retail channel, or someone failed to communicate that these were not for immediate release...

You may want to check with your DJI contacts as it seems that 'officially' CrystalSky is still in Beta which is why those not actually in the Beta program can't see the latest firmware...

There was some surprise expressed by the DJI reps elsewhere that these units were already in the hands of end-users...

It might seem that someone got ahead of themselves in shipping out stock to the retail channel, or someone failed to communicate that these were not for immediate release...
I have contacted DJI directly.
Should get an answer back this afternoon.

Reactions: cvanhoose
The update was pushed out. It adds 4.1 version of go4app to the CS.
In order to undo the version we just installed, update then do a factory reset on the CS.
I recommend restoring so that you are using the CS version.
The fix I provided earlier was temporary.

Fingers crossed on today’s flight.

The update was pushed out. It adds 4.1 version of go4app to the CS.
In order to undo the version we just installed, update then do a factory reset on the CS.
I recommend restoring so that you are using the CS version.
The fix I provided earlier was temporary.

Fingers crossed on today’s flight.

We did the update and all went well on a quick test flight. The onscreen camera settings for exposure values no longer highlight when being adjusted. Can you confirm that on your system?

We did the update and all went well on a quick test flight. The onscreen camera settings for exposure values no longer highlight when being adjusted. Can you confirm that on your system?

I just went for 5 flights and didn’t even notice. Shot all over water in auto mode. Killer footage. 90 degrees out, doesn’t even budge the screen. Love it.
I’ll check after I am all charged up and in the air again.

Reactions: SanCap

Confirmed.
Officially they are still in beta and results being reported back to R&D.
Some dealers have pushed these out but they shouldn't have.

When the dealers get the products from DJI does DJI say here they are but you can not sell till XX/XX/XXXX?
I wonder the same. Only reason I see that being necessary is if they expect the dealers to open them all up and update the software before they sell them, which isn't their job.
Either way, I am glad to have it, especially out in the 90degrees sun yesterday in South FL.

When the dealers get the products from DJI does DJI say here they are but you can not sell till XX/XX/XXXX?
Basically Jim, it seems somebody in DJI might have got ahead of themselves and released the product out to dealers.
The product is definitely still in beta and reports are going back on beta firmware to R&D.
Even though a public release of firmware came out a couple of days ago, beta testers are running a different version.

Yes, there are releases here and there where product will arrive in and cannot be released to end users until a set date. However, that is not the case with the CrystalSky 5.5".

I was able to update my smaller CS, but not the larger one.
8e2a7b3602c04c2d0f5b20738ae75dc9.jpg
81ccd6ddedb681f732b08728584194bc.jpg

Any way to get the larger CS updated as well? The update screen just popped up on its own for the 5.5"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan