Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky on Osmo – Mounting Solution & Video Adapter

Do you know how he's connecting the CrystalSky to the Wired Video Adapter? I tried via a USB to USB cable and didn't have much success...is he using the micro USB to USB connection? Thanks!

CrystalSky's Micro USB to USB on the Wired Video Adapter.

The USB on the CS is primarily used for USB Drives. You can also use Type-C from the CS's bottom Type-C port to USB.

Do you know how he's connecting the CrystalSky to the Wired Video Adapter? I tried via a USB to USB cable and didn't have much success...is he using the micro USB to USB connection? Thanks!

It works with the micro USB or USB C underneath. I'd use USB 3. Connect the USB cable to the CS and the adapter and then the osmo. It really is very simple.

Be sure to make sure the Osmo is running the latests firmware. There was a minor update to Osmo pro/raw to allow the use of the wired video adapter.

Reactions: Advexure
CrystalSky's Micro USB to USB on the Wired Video Adapter.

The USB on the CS is primarily used for USB Drives. You can also use Type-C from the CS's bottom Type-C port to USB.
So I updated the firmware, and now the Micro USB to USB connection is working perfectly with the CrystalSky! Thanks! Only one problem, now the Handwheel 2 isn't working, and the light is flashing quickly, which the manual says means the firmware hasn't updated correctly. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this Handwheel firmware issue? I've tried re-installing the firmware, but I don't even know if it's updating on the Handwheel or not.

So I updated the firmware, and now the Micro USB to USB connection is working perfectly with the CrystalSky! Thanks! Only one problem, now the Handwheel 2 isn't working, and the light is flashing quickly, which the manual says means the firmware hasn't updated correctly. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this Handwheel firmware issue? I've tried re-installing the firmware, but I don't even know if it's updating on the Handwheel or not.

Apologize we missed this post until now. Glad to hear you found success after the FW update. FYI there was also a pretty significant FW rollout today for CrystalSky.

Are you still experiencing the Handwheel 2 issue? And you are connecting the Handwheel 2 to the Wired Video Adapter that is running to your CS correct? Connection and operation on the CS itself has no issue?

Can't say that I've experienced that yet, but I really haven't used it since I could never get a decent wifi connection.

@Sputnik – If you have not already seen, DJI has rolled out a new CS firmware today that seems to resolve most of the wi-fi connection issues. Definitely going to recommend going the wired video adapter route but the wi-fi route should also be improving.

According to DJI technical support, the Crystal Sky is NOT fully compatible with the Osmo, and they have 'no information about if and when' it will. I bought a 5.5 CS last week for a shoot I'm currently on, and while it sort of worked initially, I was dismayed by the lag and occasional freeze, plus there is NO zebra stripe (overexposure indicator) as the iPad and iPhone have which is indispensable to me. So after doing some research last night, I decided to do the firmware update which had come out recently for the CS. HUGE MISTAKE! My CS is now completely unusable with the Osmo. The lag is 1-2 seconds, and the image breaks up constantly and horribly to the point that you can't even tell what you're looking at. Because of the lag, any image adjustments are futile. I wrote DJI last night and got a reply saying to reset my wifi on the Osmo, but since both my Apple products work just fine, I suspected the problem lay with the CS itself. When I called DJI today, they confirmed that it is 'not fully compatible' with the Osmo, and recommended that I continue using my Apple products. How they justify the marketing and sales of a product which is not at all usable is beyond me. I tried to connect it to my I2 just see it how it functioned with that, but it won't connect at all to the I2. It just says there is a 'network problem' however I can easily browse the web using the installed browser and my hotel wifi. It's too bad, the screen is awesome and I had really high hopes for this in bright sunlight.

Hello, I to have bought 4 osmo pros, And 4 CS, I have 4 X5 adapters and have bought 4 wired video adapters after 3 hours on phone with dji , they told me I am screwed until they fix the firmware, Now I have seen that people using the focus wheel are able to get this crystalsky to work but if you just want to use the CS, It will not work, Period DJI told me that they have had 3 other people complain about this, they sold this to me and advertise that you should buy this stuff with wired video for no latency and they when you get it over 11k worth the dji equipment they tell me there sorry and ill be the 1st person they call when they fix the issue , what I want to no is,, is this a joke, how can you sell a product to someone with a empty promise I have over 11k worth the equipment atm that I cannot use unless I use wifi, And I am in a heavily wifi congested area and cant get proper wifi signal to work. I have almost every DJI product available and I am not new to this but this has been a DJI major let down for me, I am in the process of becoming a DJI distributor and if I sold this to my customers they would be throwing it back at me, This was a dirty trick if you ask me , They should not sell a product that will not work. I lost a customer because of this , Not the way I want to start doing business

Hello , I am new to DJI forum but I thought this information will help others! DO NOT BUY THE CRYSTALSKY FOR YOUR OSMO PRO OR PRO/RAW, IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE WIRED VIDEO CONNECTION THEY SELL. I was informed this today after 3 days of trying to do updates and reading anything I could find on the matter I finally had to call DJI, I spend 3 hours on phone went through 3 different managers, I was told that At this time they have sold the wired video cables to people and that they do not have the firmware right yet and that there is no way to use the crystalsky with the osmo pro, I still haven't tried to use it with the Hand wheel, I have saw a few post of people saying they were able to get it to work with firmware update v1.4.0.70 The problem with that is that firmware is not available anymore DJI PULLED IT due to problems, So If anyone has a idea of how to fix this Great, Ill be checking back a lot, And waiting to here from DJI, My problem is iv lost a customer and I bought 4 of the osmo pro/x5with x5 adapters and wired video cables and 4 DJI crystal sky's and They will not work unless I use WIFI, Problem is DJI sells a wired video adapter to fix this so you have a direct wired video LINK from Osmo To CS, Great except it does not work, So Buyer B Ware! My email, [email protected] Please email me with a fix, Remember, I am only connecting the DJI crystalsky to the osmo pro with wired video, Not using the focus wheel, So its a direct connect from the USB C cable that is connected to the osmo crystalsky mount, And the wired video to the x5 adapter. There is no Focus wheel attached, The way it is suppose to work is you connect the USB from the OSMO Crystalsky Mount Directly into the Wired video adapter, And the Wired video cable connects directly into the DJI x5 Adapter that is made for OSMO PRO. I hope I explained this good, Its sound crazy but its not, It is the way DJI Tells you to hook it up and its the promise they are selling to People. Thanks So much to anyone who takes the time to read this and I hope no one else is having this same problem because its not fair.

Micro USB isn't working either. Going to try the Type-C connection next! Thanks Advexure.
Hello, Iv been told that there is no way to get this to work atm DJI IS WORKING on a New Firmware to fix this problem I spend 3 hours on phone today, And I have 4 CS, And 4 Osmo Pros and I'm stuck also it will not work, Unless you use WIFI, The wired video cable is been sold to us for a empty promise.

This isn't exactly true. While I was told the same thing from DJI, I went ahead and connected my CS to my Osmo Raw anyway. Guess what? Mine works. And I have the focus wheel, too, and it works. But here's what I discovered: first, you MUST make sure you have the adapter cable connected properly. Since there is a chance that you can reverse it (same connector on both ends) it will NOT work if it's reversed. Weird, I know, but true. Second, the focus wheel (version 1) will work just fine. Third: when powered down, often the CS will not shut off. Or, it will not shut off and take FOREVER to come back on. Solution? I just pop off the battery and put it back on and it comes right up. Pain in the *** I know, but it works. Fourth: it will NOT work with the CS on wifi worth a ****. The lag is just too severe and often freezes. Finally, there are some options unavailable using the CS right now which are very disappointing, primarily the overexposure warning is not there when using the CS. Any iPhone or tablet and it's there, just not on the CS.
Hopefully the future firmware update will correct this, but it does work, you just have to fiddle with it-

What do you mean connection backwards? Or upside down, I am really want to understand this, I am not using the focus wheel, I no people have been able to get it to work, But Not without the focus wheel, Try connecting your cs, Directly to wired video adapter and getting that to work like it is suppose to. Let me no your outcome DJI is still working with me on this very thing, Thanks

Ah. There must be the issue! I have not tried the CS without the Focus Hand Wheel. So you're saying it won't work that way? I'll have to test this. When using the FHW, there is an adapter cable that needs to be used to allow for the hard wire connection for the CS, and the FHW too. The FHW has that sort of 'din' type plug and if it's connected inappropriately to the CS connecting cable with the USB adapter on it, it won't work either. But the first time I tried it, and it didn't work, I just reversed the way the adapter was connected between the FHW and the adapter cable, and voila! It worked. I'd have to get it out and do it again to explain in more detail, but it worked just fine with the FHW attached. I don't think I'd ever use my Osmo w/o the FHW, so this doesn't bother me tremendously. I hate trying to slide the bar on the screen to focus! My only issues now are the absence of overexposure warning (zebras) on the CS, and the minor annoyance of having to pop the battery off of the CS anytime I needed to replace a battery on the Osmo, or power it down. The CS freezes in the 'on' setting, but popping the battery off and putting it back on gets it up and running quickly. I have found that the latency is GREATLY reduced using this hard wire connection, and the boot up speed is also vastly improved. There are no doubt some bugs to be worked out, but I'm happy with it so far, and will be ecstatic when the zebras are returned!

I am going to try and hook my focus wheel up, I have the more expensive one, that has all the stuff attached to it, It was bought to use on Ronin, But I started to use x5 on the matrice 600 pro, But I just wanted a direct connection from CS to the OSMO pro, And that will not work at this moment and DJI is telling me they made it strictly for this, And they are selling it and it does not work, They are just apologetic but that isn't enough when you have over 10k invested in 4 osmo pros with all the fixings. I should not have to buy other 1500 in focus wheels to make this work, Its a joke

I have Osmo + X5R + Wireless Focus (the big one) + CS 5.5", all with their latest firmwares and everything works perfect.
On the first run the combo didn't worked and I had to do firmware updates, in my case on the Osmo and on the CS. Also as suggested above I turn the Osmo power on after all cables are connected.

Hello, I am going to give everyone the link, To the Firmware That you will need PERIOD if you are going to try and use the dji, Wired video connector AND the Crystalsky. That was made just so you can have a wired video connection instead of using WIFI. This will only work with the OSMO PRO/RAW. You will need. OSMO handle, x5 Gimbal With Lens , DJI wired Video adapter. IF you want to use your focus hand wheel, OR the bigger hand wheel You can. So if your going to use that you will also need the DJI FOCUS TO Can Bus. To upgrade firmware, Go to PAGE DJI Osmo Pro/Raw - Specifications, FAQ, videos tutorials, manuals, DJI GO | DJI There you will find Osmo RAW Firmware v1.4.0.70, LINK DOWNLOAD https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.04.00.70.zip
Dji, Had 3 different pages for this. It took me 3 days to find this firmware that was designed for pro/raw.

Now the tricky part is getting the firmware to work. You will need A clean S.D. card. With nothing on it period, Download this link, And Open it one time directly from the computer download not the file folder. Once it is open, And is in the BIN form DROP AND DRAG TO YOUR SD CARD, Give it time to Transfer, Take S.D. card directly out of you computer and place into X5 gimbal. Turn On Osmo, The osmo's Left light will blink Green and Red for approx. 15 min, When update is done you will here a beep beep-beep Turn osmo off and take out card do not put that card back in until you put it back into your computer and check it to see if the update was successful if it was it will tell you in the file folder on the S.D. card, If it was not you didn't get it done properly Erase everything from that card again before you put it back into osmo, Even if the upgrade worked. Any other problems email [email protected] If upgrade does not work Try again. TIPS make sure you osmo battery is over 50%
Make sure you S.D. card is CLEAN AND FORMATED. Make Sure your smart! They don't make this easy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD