Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky Ultra Bright - Repair No Cost but no communication

Reaction score
My CrystalSky Ultra Bright 7" blinked / flashed... went black after one flight (3-5 hrs total) while out in a practice field. Hadn't expected a DOA device on such a new product until read several of the threads.

I had eBay "used" purchased, so didn't know what to expect with repair ticket. To my delight, DJI repaired as "No Charge"; looking up the ticket on my account indicates a Main Board for $448 replaced & shipped.
This is Great, but was wondered why I hadn't received any communication from DJI... nothing since I had shipped it to them.

With it being a used & not purchased through a DJI Shop; I'm assuming the problem was clearly a defect that was known and being replaced as units are returned. The repair was the main board, so I'm hoping the replacement is an updated main board correcting the problem.

To those with CS UB experience, can this safely be considered a "Fix". Have you received a Main Board replacement with good success?

Hi Doug. The Ultra Brights in particular had been seeing higher failure rates than the High Brights and DJI has been fairly quick to replace components or exchange the units for everyone. As I recall they had tried a firmware fix to correct some of the issues but in the end I think there was a hardware fix necessary. Everyone we have talked to has had good luck getting a new Ultra Bright and we have been informed that all the new units ship should not experience the original issue.

Hi Doug. The Ultra Brights in particular had been seeing higher failure rates than the High Brights and DJI has been fairly quick to replace components or exchange the units for everyone. As I recall they had tried a firmware fix to correct some of the issues but in the end I think there was a hardware fix necessary. Everyone we have talked to has had good luck getting a new Ultra Bright and we have been informed that all the new units ship should not experience the original issue.
Hey Michael, that’s great to hear and comforting to have confidence it’s repaired. Thanks for follow-up info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAWS7512