Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cycle discharge required, performed and...required again...and again...

One TB47 battery from my collection just reached deep discharge maturity, as requested by the frightening Go app message. Discharged follow The Editor recommendations down to 3.3V per cell, that is until the idling bird died by itself. Soon after the battery chilled down full charging cycle was performed and warning message disappeared, but today ... hello, message popped up again!

Any ideas how to fix the issue? Accordingly to the warning the consequences can be catastrophic ...
Make sure you've properly discharged the battery. An issue like yours is easily caused by missing or thinking you did properly discharge it enough already and you probably didn't.

Just an idea,
I dont currently use an Inspire at the moment, but I have a cable I made to help me out with two scenarios, all I did was cut into the cable which is supplied to power the remote from one of the Inspire batteries, I soldered aN XT-60 connector into the cable, allowing me to power the remote from any XT-60 pack I had knocking around, and thus not tying up an inspire battery for that job. (make sure the voltage isnt too high on the pack you use)
I then soldered an XT 60 to a 24v truck fog light. This allowed me to then connect an inspire battery and the lightbulb, and use the light to discharge the battery until it shut off.

No wear on motors, and nice and quick.
Worked well for me when I had to cycle the 8 batteries I used to have.

Reactions: southerndoug
I've got a TB48 that has been doing this for ages. I just ignore it now, and go through usual cycle discharge routine. The cells show pretty good balance, and flight times are unaffected. I've convinced myself it's some kind of software glitch...
A high very high risk strategy if you ignore battery warnings! Maybe for those who wouldn't blink an eyelid if it dropped and had they to shell out for another one. Easy come, easy go.

Ignoring is not recommended IMO.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: southerndoug
Best way I know of to deep dicharge is without using a tool / widget is to hover on the spot until you get an auto landing then restart and leave with the props spinning, you'll run down the cells pretty quick that way without any risk at all of crashing...

Well, that's one way to deal with the issue ... However, after 3rd attempt finally the warning's gone, battery is charged to full capacity and cells voltage appears nicely equalized ... Will see for how long ...
Yes, this sound like software, but software is pretty consistent and this is not a problem that is common.

Does anyone know how software makes the decision that it is time for a full cycle?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah