Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discharge cycle required on t 48

I too will strongly endorse Alex's discharger. I received it a week ago and it works as advertised - deep cycled Inspire batteries in about 15 minutes. Great product - saves needless wear and tear on the aircraft.

Got mine today, it looks awesome and i can't wait to get home for a quick and dirty little deep cycle :D

Thanks @Alex Proto

Chris

Since @The Editor vouched for the PhantomAngel i had no doubt and it worked like expected, made a deep cycle with all my batteries and sent them into storage mode afterwards.

Chris
Yup - they're a good piece of kit and work well......just mind your eyes (the bulb is VERY bright) :eek: and the surrounding heatsink gets pretty warm/hot but then it is dissipating a lot of energy.
Storage charge mode is brilliant as well. It means you can go out with all your batteries fully charged and if you don't use them all just pop them on the Angel when you get home and bring them down to storage charge.
That was a nightmare previously!

Reactions: apsussex
Yup - they're a good piece of kit and work well......just mind your eyes (the bulb is VERY bright) :eek: and the surrounding heatsink gets pretty warm/hot but then it is dissipating a lot of energy.
Storage charge mode is brilliant as well. It means you can go out with all your batteries fully charged and if you don't use them all just pop them on the Angel when you get home and bring them down to storage charge.
That was a nightmare previously!

That does sound very useful!

Hey guys, Alex here (aka the Angel guy) - late to the party as always. Many thanks to all for the kind words - I'm really glad you're finding the Angels useful!

While I'm here - a quick poll if I may... I'm looking at potential upgrades for a future version of the Angel (we're currently at v4 and the list of potential tweaks and upgrades never gets any smaller) and I'm considering providing a version with a volt meter display. So you connect it up and can see what voltage your batt's at before and during discharge. Would you find this a useful addition (and would you be OK bearing an extra cost for it...)?

Last edited:
Hey guys, Alex here (aka the Angel guy) - late to the party as always. Many thanks to all for the kind words - I'm really glad you're finding the Angels useful!

While I'm here - a quick poll if I may... I'm looking at potential upgrades for a future version of the Angel (we're currently at v4 and the list of potential tweaks and upgrades never gets any smaller) and I'm considering providing a version with a volt meter display. So you connect it up and can see what voltage your batt's at before and during discharge. Would you find this a useful addition (and would you be OK bearing an extra cost for it...)?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

;-)

Chris

Well, since you're asking ... I've build recently two double channel field chargers for Inspire and Phantom batts, employing cheap Chinese digital voltmeters and ammeters on output ... Although voltmeters appears pretty accurate and stable, ammeters are not. This is not your issue anyway, because all reasonably cheap digital ammeters are specified for 10A current max., and they go with smoke at 8A ... Good looking 4 digit LED voltmeter will be a nice addition to your product, manufacturing trouble of punching rectangular hole in the housing aside... Tip: mine is simply adhered to the cutout from inside with a few drops of 3M 2216 epoxy (absolutely the best adhesive ever!).
Let me know if you need more info, links, images ... I'll gladly provide, saving you a lot of research time ...

Matthew Dobrski.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm