Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discharge cycle required on t 48

Reaction score
Greetings
T 48 Battery, Message on Go App states discharge cycle needed. Discharged Battery to 4% . Let Battery cool to room temp . Charged back to 100%. Message to Discharge Battery remains on Go App. Performed Procedure 3 times . Still Go App States discharge cycle needed. Other Batteries work perfectly after discharge cycle. Battery shows 95% life remaining on 23 cycles. All Firmware Up To Date . Also tried reinstalling Go App No Luck
Suggestions ?

Greetings
T 48 Battery, Message on Go App states discharge cycle needed. Discharged Battery to 4% . Let Battery cool to room temp . Charged back to 100%. Message to Discharge Battery remains on Go App. Performed Procedure 3 times . Still Go App States discharge cycle needed. Other Batteries work perfectly after discharge cycle. Battery shows 95% life remaining on 23 cycles. All Firmware Up To Date . Also tried reinstalling Go App No Luck
Suggestions ?
Run the battery down until it actually turns off. The cells must go down to 3.3v or the recalibration may not work.
Sometimes running down to a percentage is not sufficient since the fuel gauge is out of calibration (which is why you are doing it in the first place)
Down to 3.3v per cell is more important than a 'percentage'

Hey jixxer, did that solve the problem with your battery???
yes it solved the problem . side note : I called tech support They stated Battery needs an update , I mentioned Battery was updated with 1.06 firmware. Tech support said 1.07 will be out within next few days. However tech did not mention running Battery down to 3.3v. Editor new more than tech support in this case .

Last edited:
yes it solved the problem . side note : I called tech support They stated Battery needs an update , I mentioned Battery was updated with 1.06 firmware. Tech support said 1.07 will be out within next few days. However tech did not mention running Battery down to 3.3v. Editor new more than tech support in this case .
I'm not surprised - most of the 'tech support' are not really tech at all but script readers. They have a list which they go down and then say "Oh, you will have to send it in!" :rolleyes:
Glad it solved the problem. :)

I'm not surprised - most of the 'tech support' are not really tech at all but script readers. They have a list which they go down and then say "Oh, you will have to send it in!" :rolleyes:
Glad it solved the problem. :)

Ouch in two threads too, a little harsh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch in two threads too, a little harsh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true - I will acuse myself of double posting soon.
It really does pee me off though when the so called 'tech' support are not tech at all.
The amount of misinformation I see on the 'official' DJI Forum is quite alarming.

That's true - I will acuse myself of double posting soon.
It really does pee me off though when the so called 'tech' support are not tech at all.
The amount of misinformation I see on the 'official' DJI Forum is quite alarming.

To be fair its always the same when a company grows , I'm a lead field engineer and we have a technical team in head office who are 'supposed' to have the answers i don't, the reality is they know less than us in the field and end up trying to give me some BS most off the time.

But i agree scripted tech support is just bad,bad,bad. Sadly as DJI grow they will move towards a more centralised support structure, call centre with scripted responses to faults, the various communities have been very lucky in the passed to have had support folks who were actual users and technical people, those days are going sadly.

Huge shame.

Hi guys,

After having a wee search I seem to be having a similar problem here. I have deep cycled my battery twice down to 0% and recharged however the same problem is occurring. I did not check the voltage on them however. Is it safe to discharge to such a low level? I thought lipos were never good to run down.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

After having a wee search I seem to be having a similar problem here. I have deep cycled my battery twice down to 0% and recharged however the same problem is occurring. I did not check the voltage on them however. Is it safe to discharge to such a low level? I thought lipos were never good to run down.

Cheers.
OK, think of the Inspire lipos the same way as your mobile phone batteries.
What happens when they run down to a very low level?.....the phone turns off. No damage is done to the cell phone battery because it is designed with a low voltage cut off (LVC) to protect the cells.
The same is true of the Inspire packs. When calibrating them run them down until they turn off as sometimes 0% is not actually zero (which is why they actually need calibrating)

OK, think of the Inspire lipos the same way as your mobile phone batteries.
What happens when they run down to a very low level?.....the phone turns off. No damage is done to the cell phone battery because it is designed with a low voltage cut off (LVC) to protect the cells.
The same is true of the Inspire packs. When calibrating them run them down until they turn off as sometimes 0% is not actually zero (which is why they actually need calibrating)

Editor,

Do you run the batteries down while just sitting in the aircraft with it turned on? Is there another method with less wear-and-tear on the ship?

Editor,

Do you run the batteries down while just sitting in the aircraft with it turned on? Is there another method with less wear-and-tear on the ship?
No - I did do them that way back when I got my original Inspire (there wasn't really any other option back then). But now I use a thingameejig called an Inspire Angel (offshoot of the Phantom Angel).
Link...... Phantom Angel

Hi Alex, I just ordered an Inspire Angel Standard and I’m looking forward to receiving and using it! (I'm an Alex too.)

Editor, thank you for the suggestion - it looks like a smart solution. I'll report back here on my experiences with it.

Reactions: The Editor
I've finished building the two LED light panels for video work I mentioned a while back and at full brightness the unit can pull more than 150W from the battery though the PS in the panel isn't rated that high so I tend to limit to about 100W. I installed two voltage meters into the panel -- one to read the incoming power from the battery and the other to read the output voltage to the LED panel itself.

I've noted that the voltage the battery shuts off at can be as low as 18.0V which would be less than the 3.3V/cell recommendation, but that's the voltage as measured at the input to the panels PS so it does not count the voltage drop in the cabling from the battery or the internal voltage drop inside the battery itself. So, for example, if I turn the panel to 100W the drain from the battery is probably closer to 116W figuring in the conversion efficiency of the PS and power loss in the wires so if the battery cuts off reading 18.0V at the input of the PS the actual battery voltage is higher than that.

As an example, if I start with a fully and recently charged battery with the LED voltage set to 11V the power loading from the battery is about 116W and the voltage I read at the input of the panel is about 25.1V immediately (t0). If, OTH, I set the LED panel output to 9V so that the loading on the battery is about 38W, the voltage of a freshly charged battery is more like 25.6V (t0). The difference is voltage drop in the wires (about 0.15V) with the rest due to internal resistance in the battery.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207