Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CYCLE YOUR BATTERY EASY...

Reaction score
There have been many discussions on this subject.... i have charged my batteries over 600 time and cycled them over 60 times... so this procedure is a tried and proven....

1.. first connect battery display to a custom button on your controller....( all the info you need is in that display )
2.. always check your battery before take off... you will know if your battery needs to be cycled....10 ..20..30..etc
3... first battery warning is a heads up ... mine is at 30%..
4... at 20% depending on the distance..bring the Inspire closer to home...when you get comfortable with this the time can be used to practice LOS manoeuvres...
5... bring up battery display
6.. over ride the auto land...( this is easy done by pushing up on the stick )
7...keep the Inspire close and low..
8..monitor the cells until they show 3.3 volts... this usually takes about a minute or so..
9.. land ...all done... fast and ready to charge again....
This procedure is no big deal.. after you had done it a few times... it just becomes a part of looking after your batteries... safe flying....

There have been many discussions on this subject.... i have charged my batteries over 600 time and cycled them over 60 times... so this procedure is a tried and proven....

1.. first connect battery display to a custom button on your controller....( all the info you need is in that display )
2.. always check your battery before take off... you will know if your battery needs to be cycled....10 ..20..30..etc
3... first battery warning is a heads up ... mine is at 30%..
4... at 20% depending on the distance..bring the Inspire closer to home...when you get comfortable with this the time can be used to practice LOS manoeuvres...
5... bring up battery display
6.. over ride the auto land...( this is easy done by pushing up on the stick )
7...keep the Inspire close and low..
8..monitor the cells until they show 3.3 volts... this usually takes about a minute or so..
9.. land ...all done... fast and ready to charge again....
This procedure is no big deal.. after you had done it a few times... it just becomes a part of looking after your batteries... safe flying....
I can't believe that people don't view this as Basic?

Whilst I in no way doubt what you say, are dji batteries different than any other lipo? With my other quads, based on what I have seen and read I don't let my other batteries go below about 3.5 loaded resulting in an ideal 3.7 under no load.

Whilst I in no way doubt what you say, are dji batteries different than any other lipo? With my other quads, based on what I have seen and read I don't let my other batteries go below about 3.5 loaded resulting in an ideal 3.7 under no load.
They are very different.

When you see 3.3 volts on the app it's not actually 3.3, there is reserved amount not shown to the user. This is why the batteries are called "intelligent" or "smart". The circuitry won't allow over discharge to the point of damaging the cells.

Reactions: Steven Powter
I want to prolong the lifespan of my batteries and get the best out of them, how often do I have to do this?

Normally if time is available I like to deep cycle my batteries every flight...been doing this for 2 years on various DJI equipment with good results.....

I read in another thread that you can run down battery to the last bit by connecting batt to the control, I tried that myself and it works, is it a safe procedure, what do you think?

So basically use the normal charge cable but keep it unplugged from the mains and plug the battery in to the transmitter?

So basically use the normal charge cable but keep it unplugged from the mains and plug the battery in to the transmitter?
No - there is a cable supplied with the Inspire that is terminated on one end with an battery connector and on the other a jack plug that will plug into the remote charge socket.
Simply connect the two then switch on the battery.

No - there is a cable supplied with the Inspire that is terminated on one end with an battery connector and on the other a jack plug that will plug into the remote charge socket.
Simply connect the two then switch on the battery.

Ah ok, sounds simple enough. Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips