Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DBS Itelite Antenna, Various Antenna Options

if you feel convertible open remote up and look at the connections, make sure they are good.
I would say something went wrong there...
Please let us know if you find something... Or maybe post photos

I
Well its three batteries. .

Sometimes things just happen when doing a modification, even with an experienced technician ..
I'm guessing that a mistake was made or a connection came loose..
in any case give dbs another e mail and take it from there...
I had this happen to me from fpvlr and they corrected the problem. ..
this is very true and im noticing it happen more and more often these days vs the past. People today who are supposed to be "experts" and "professionals" are often far from it and usually do a much shittier job than you would expect from them. I cant think of anything in the last 5 or more years where ive hired someone to do something and been completely satisfied with the result, often times it wouldve turned out better had i done it myself. theres much truth to the adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself."

take Mah you have in your battery, divide by flight time, that will give you mAh per minute...
That calculation alone doesn't take into account the extra weight you are adding during the entire flight time from the two extra batteries you are now carrying. It's not linear. The more mAh you add to the stock configuration, the more extra weight you are also carrying.

Let me help you here.
I installed two of these badboys: Amazon.com: Alfa APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector (compare to Asus WL-ANT-157): Computers & Accessories
side by side.
here is video to prove it, 15000 feet out without loosing single antenna bar..
returned home on 35% battery, TB48

at this point battery is the limit.

Now if you want clean install visit me at dronelink.us - social networking

I helped few brothers, and I keep getting requests, why not...

Attachments

• DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 3.jpg
    DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 3.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 59
  • DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 5.jpg
    DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 5.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
  • DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 12.jpg
    DroneLink DJI controller antenna mod 12.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 60
Hello I got my controller back today from itelite and did one flight with it. I didn't get the distance I had hoped for 3700 feet was all until I lost signal. Will try again tomorrow. Anyone else seen this?
Did you stay below 400 ft? Every mod aint for every pilot. When you start to loose connection, climb. Otherwise bring it home.
Should get more distance. 3 miles under 400 ft no problems for myself. Try a different direction

Reactions: go fast
Also you can take off and climb to 400 ft fly 2 miles and only be 200 ft above ground. You start to loose connection so you need to climb in some cases to maintain connection

New Did you stay below 400 ft? Every mod aint for every pilot. When you start to loose connection, climb. Otherwise bring it home.
Should get more distance. 3 miles under 400 ft no problems for myself. Try a different direction
Slim same results for me , awsome product...

Reactions: slim.slamma
400 ft is still legal.
I would like to stay say 200 ft for the safety of commercial pilots but I think it's safer to be somewhat higher at longer distances unless you really know where your flying. If you a mile or 2 out imo below 400 ft that's not safe. You could be flying near cell phone towers those got to be 250ft in the south.

Hello I got my controller back today from itelite and did one flight with it. I didn't get the distance I had hoped for 3700 feet was all until I lost signal. Will try again tomorrow. Anyone else seen this?
At 300ft high, I fly easy 5000ft (my situation is with a wood at 1000ft). Attention with Autoflight (waypoint or other, loosing contact, for this moment, your aircraft stay hovering, no RTH !!! If you try, fly DJI GO !!! How higher you fly, you will fly more distance!

Let me help you here.
I installed two of these badboys: Amazon.com: Alfa APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector (compare to Asus WL-ANT-157): Computers & Accessories
side by side.
here is video to prove it, 15000 feet out without loosing single antenna bar..
returned home on 35% battery, TB48

at this point battery is the limit.
Pete ,

Is there any modifications done inside the remote or was the Alfa's simply just screwed on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell