Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead battery

Reaction score
One of my TB47 battery is completely dead. Has 6 flights on it. Flew it yesterday no issues. Today dead, nothing happens when i press the button and no lights when it's on a charge. Any ideas?

One of my TB47 battery is completely dead. Has 6 flights on it. Flew it yesterday no issues. Today dead, nothing happens when i press the button and no lights when it's on a charge. Any ideas?
What does the battery report via the app?
Cell voltages?
History?
Any error messages?

Doh!!!! Wait a minute..... You will not be able to turn it on will you? :rolleyes:

OK, in that case, how long have you tried to leave it on charge with no success?

For about 10 minutes
OK - there IS something you can try but:
1. Is your battery still under warranty? - If so what I'm about to suggest will void it.
2. How confident do you feel about taking you battery apart (top off only)?

Hmm... I can take it apart no problem but then I can kiss warranty goodbye right

Hmm... I can take it apart no problem but then I can kiss warranty goodbye right
Yup.
I'm not sure where in the world you are? If you are in the UK and your battery is under warranty then you will be covered by sales of goods act and you dealer will have to swap it out.
If you are elsewhere or you want to avoid the lengthy DJI turnaround times I can give you something to try but will mean goodnight warranty.

Your call (Obviously there is no guarantee it will work but what you have now is a dead battery anyway)

Ok so I just had the same thing but mine has about 15 charges on it but this morning it is dead no lights at all. Tried leaving it on charger also and nothing. I am confident in taking my battery apart even though I know it will void my warranty. What should I do when I take it apart?

Thanks

Ok so I just had the same thing but mine has about 15 charges on it but this morning it is dead no lights at all. Tried leaving it on charger also and nothing. I am confident in taking my battery apart even though I know it will void my warranty. What should I do when I take it apart?

Thanks

Just found this on Facebook
image.jpg

Reactions: Richard in ky
Just followed the tip up top and it worked perfectly. This is a new TB48 battery from my dealer, never been opened.
Here's what I did:
Opened top of battery. Gently pry front and back areas where there are "clips". Used wooden skewers to loosen the plug (it's obvious). Just pull straight out, not up. Let it sit, disconnected for 1.5 hours, plugged it back in and boom - bright lights. Hooked it up to the charger. Charged in full. Put into the bird. Pushed battery button to start up, said needed to update battery. Got bin file, started only Inspire 1. Battery upgraded flawlessly. Warning came on saying battery was not fully charged and to charge it (77%). Charged it up (only took about 20 minutes), put back in inspire, powered everything up this time and 100% all around.
I am still going to take it easy and cycle the battery a few times before I call it a complete fix.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Thanx for sharing. Where are the clips located exactly?
Not really clips, they are like 2 holes that keep the black base connected to the top. One set at the front of the battery and another set at the back. I just used a butter knife and pried the white lid up ever so slightly on each end. I do not see how this would void a warranty unless you short something or machete the crap out of the top to get it undone. I don't think there would be any indication you even went in.. I was careful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry