Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead TB48, is there easy way to reset the BMS?

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
So yesterday when I put all my batteries on the hex chargers I found that after all where charged there was one still blinking with one light (the bottom one) and doesnt seem to stop charging. I've measured the total output was 15v, so all cells where under 3v. Anyway, I have and replaced the cells with spare ones (HSABAT), have did this on other TB48's and I'am pretty happy with them. But now despite the cell transplating the BMS continue to blink the bottom light whatever I do with the battery. I can turn on or off the battery, I can charge or discharge the battery (it takes and gives 5100mah, while promoted as 6000 :) but there is only one light blinking all the time, doesn't matter is it charged or not.
I've tried disconnecting the ballance cable for few hours but it's still the same. I think there was simillar discussion here in the forum about fixing battery low cell problem but can't find it.
The big question is can I make this battery working again without using software to reset the chip?

One trick to try. Unplug the balance cable , plug in the charger then plug-in the balance cable and leave it for a couple of hours

Reactions: niki
One trick to try. Unplug the balance cable , plug in the charger then plug-in the balance cable and leave it for a couple of hours
Thanks for your help! I read you and was just going to do that to find that the battery have miraculous fixed itself. :D Lastly It was charged on the hex charger and I left it charged for about a day and now if I turn it on or just press the button I see all 4 lights solid. It seems the BMS need some time to readjust. I'll do a few more cycles and tests before trying this bat on the drone.

Reactions: Jimmy6616
So yesterday when I put all my batteries on the hex chargers I found that after all where charged there was one still blinking with one light (the bottom one) and doesnt seem to stop charging. I've measured the total output was 15v, so all cells where under 3v. Anyway, I have and replaced the cells with spare ones (HSABAT), have did this on other TB48's and I'am pretty happy with them. But now despite the cell transplating the BMS continue to blink the bottom light whatever I do with the battery. I can turn on or off the battery, I can charge or discharge the battery (it takes and gives 5100mah, while promoted as 6000 :) but there is only one light blinking all the time, doesn't matter is it charged or not.
I've tried disconnecting the ballance cable for few hours but it's still the same. I think there was simillar discussion here in the forum about fixing battery low cell problem but can't find it.
The big question is can I make this battery working again without using software to reset the chip?
Hello..!…I have had the experience of replacing the load cells of one of my Mavic 2 batteries without blocking the BMSand another battery recovers it since the BMSwas blocked, for this I used a PB 2400 interface from Texas Instrument + the software that you can download for free from the TI website. I have also done this on batteries in my Phantom 4Pro but not on my Inspire 2. I imagine it must be something similar, there are videos on the internet showing the process for changing cells in an Inspire 1 battery, and also how to unlock the BMS via TI's PB 3000 interface. I do not know if all the BMS behave in the same way, since I have read and investigated and there are those who say that to unlock the BMS you have to discharge the battery and values per cell of about 3 or 2.8 volts. let it rest so that it cools down to room temperature and then proceed to charge it in the normal way….I have not done it since I have used the Interface to eliminate the error code in the BMS to reactivate it. Greetings.

Reactions: Droneted and niki
* Press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds until the battery's LED's turn off
* Release the power and wait a few seconds
* Press the power button again briefly. The battery's LED's should turn on and display the remaining battery level.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters