Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dear DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it has been said, they're working on the minor bugs. Don't know what else I say.

You do understand you can still film and fly with 1 remote until the 2nd arrives?

Bunch of newbs really. If you guys were in this hobby for longer than the DJI phantom has been around you'd know that this is the way it goes with these machines. It's new tech and it flies.... **** will go wrong. Welcome!!

@diverjeb -- you are being a windbag, i suggest to you that your abrasive tone is not helping you get that which you seek.

you ask for a bird that flies.

i presume you have the bird

the IOS app can be had with a modicum of google searching. dont get all huffy about having to look for it; sometimes i have to look for my glasses

i dont know why you haven't been able to contact DJI support. the 24hr chatline has people, and while their language doesnt always match mine, we communicate just fine as 2 fellow human beings. the support gang on the forums responds to most peoples reasonable questions

the tb48 has been on preorder since forever; tb47's can be had all over the place

so there you have it. if you want, you have a drone, that flies, with an APP, with spare batteries, and now even with proplocks in cases you are not sure if your hand-tighten is as tight as someone elses hand tight,

what else could you want.

just to hear the sound of your whining echoing across the forum. give it a break man. you'll hurt the whiny strand in your vocal cords, and you really want to save that section for something important

Paul said it best, but...

Ship what we pre-ordered and make sure it does what you promised it would.

I got what I ordered, it does what they advertised. What's the problem?

Send my batteries

They sent out drones a few weeks before the spare batteries were available. Would you rather they had held your entire shipment for months until your batteries were made, so that they could all get shipped to you in one package? I wouldn't want them to do that to me. I'd rather fly, albeit with one battery, if I have the choice. If I was DJI, I would have made the same decision. If you HAVE to have batteries NOW, then buy some separately. They have been available.

fix the ios Apple snafu

They've officially stated that they are working on this. What more do you want, immediate results?

get rid of software bugs

They are working on this as well. Sounds like a demand for immediate perfection on a product that has been out a month.

You will still be painfully remiss at this date but that would be a step in the right direction.

All of your networked computers, including computer operating systems, smart phone, tablet, all receive regular updates to fix bugs, even years after a major release. Even Phantom updates are still coming out. Bugs exist in all platforms of computer-controlled electronics, and responsible manufacturers of said electronics will continue to release bug-fixes and updates as they are needed. You shouldn't have to learn these life lessons from a drone forum.

I won't go so far as to ask you to answer emails or phone calls as I see from experience that is out of the question and beyond your capacity.

I have used DJI chat and phone support. I agree, to some extent, that their support has many ways in which it can improve (English, waiting time, turnaround, uniform results/recommendations). However, of the times I had to contact DJI support, they did solve my issues in a responsible manner and I am pleased with the overall outcome. Your mileage apparently varies from mine, but I can only speak from experience. At the same time, Blade and Ed have both participated in this thread, offering personal help to those with complaints. Are you taking them up on their offers?

Of course those of us that express any disdain for the performance of the product DJI has presented or the absolute atrocious manner in which DJI addresses or has addressed the multitude of known issues and complaints are "throwing tantrums" are complete miscreants bent on destroying the DJI empire.
...and the rest of it

I just think you had a bad experience, maybe several of them back to back. If the delays you mentioned are too much to bear, then throw in the towel and move on. On the other hand, if you know you want to stick with it and get to where most people are, approach this in a way that will show progress toward your ultimate goal, flying an Inspire 1. I'm flying every day without issue, as are most people, and you should be able to as well. If you can't fly for mechanical or software reasons (other than delays), then contact DJI support. I know it probably makes your blood boil to see "contact support" recommended when you've had such a bad time with support, but seriously, if you're going to commit to actually getting the Inspire 1 flying like you want, then you should just PM Ed with a civil and completely objective explanation of what your situation is and see how he can help. That's exactly what I would do in your situation.

Further complaining without any actions taken just discredits your posts and participation here.

Reactions: PaulKent
Dear DJI,

How are you?! It's been a while. I know you're busy fixing all those glitches but we haven't talked in a while and I thought I'd say hello. Not too much new on my end other than the Inspire I purchased from you doesn't work properly and I can't use it for work. I've been unable to fly it safely for more than a few minutes since its embarrassingly late arrival in late January because I don't have the propeller locks you guys had to retrofit. I'm guessing you didn't spend enough time in R&D or rushed production just to get your product to market and figured you'd work out all the bugs at a later date. We can all get rushed sometimes and to think the holidays were right around the corner! Think of all those people who wouldn't have purchased the Inspire had they known it wouldn't arrive until January. Hey, but what do I know about drones anyway? I'm just trying to track down the extra batteries I ordered with the Inspire back in November. Have you seen them around anywhere? Well they have yet to arrive so as far as I'm concerned I still don't have a functional drone that I paid you upwards of $3500 for - in advance I might add. I guess you guys needed beer money back in November or something. Maybe a car payment, I don't know.

If you had bothered to be a little inquisitive you would have found numerous mentions of extra batteries being available at vendors in the US. That's what I did, and found 4 extras at ALLeRC that got shipped to me in 2 days time from online order. But that would detract from writing this encyclopedia of woe-is-me, I suppose.

DJI, wasn't I surprised when I unboxed my Inspire, charged up the one battery it came with and tried to download the app for my brand new iPad I bought solely to use with the Inspire and I couldn't find the app on your website or app store. That whole Apple iPad app thing was just your way of adding a little more excitement to the unboxing experience , right?! I mean unboxing my new Inspire was great but I was totally over the top when I found out that you guys went through the trouble to make it EXTRA exciting by making me have to go to a forum to find the app through a back door bootleg app just to interface with my Inspire. Now that was awesome! I mean, I saw people using pretty much nothing BUT iPads ....and I'm pretty sure you even listed the iPad as the recommended platform in all of your videos, ads and that well rehearsed unveiling you did back on November 12th. Yeah, I know, I won't bring that up again - ouch. But it WAS just an oversight right? Because a company like DJI would have surely cleared their app with Apple well in advance to releasing it ...right? There's no way DJI would have left all their consumers out in the cold and unable to use their shiny new iPads. And the customer service representative in California that told me to "buy an android tablet" was joking when he suggested it as a way to interface with my Inspire? You guys sure are kidders! I love a company with a sense of humor! I have to say, the back door bootleg Apple iPad app I was able to get my hands on is super awesome! I really haven't had a chance to actually use it much because my Inspire only has one battery and no prop locks but I have had hours of enjoyment looking at it.

Everybody I know is perfectly happy with the iOS app at v.9.2, waiting for Apple official approval. If you're looking for a reason to be dissatisfied, there's always a way to find it. Some of us just make s&!t work (like tighten the **** props and don't fly like a maniac) and go out to fly the **** thing! So 2014, I know, but still.......

In the interim, while I wait patiently for you to fix the long string of errors with the Inspire I'm searching for extra batteries for this sexy looking drone that can't fly and it seems that few if any of the outlets authorized to hawk your wares has any. You see, the extra batteries and props I ordered with my Inspire back in November failed to arrive with the Inspire and no one seems to know when they'll show up. That's really odd. Perhaps they were lost in the mail? But hell, it sure looks good sitting on my desk! I have some marketing ideas that you might want to adopt. Don't worry, they're free of charge as a sign of gratitude for all you've done. Here you go: How about marketing a dust cover for the Inspire so it doesn't collect too much dust while it sits on a desk or in the corner while people are waiting for silly things like extra batteries, parts or software fixes. You could emblazon the DJI logo on the side, it'd look really cool! For the big spenders you could market a clear case so people could gaze fondly at their Inspire as it sits in the corner. People might want to put their drinks on it and use it as a table. The super cool Inspire coffee table! Think of how Inspired people will be when they see it! I think they're million dollar ideas and I hope you run with it!

Irony is thoughtful insight, sarcasm is the last refuge of a guy without anything intelligent to say.

Seeing as I haven't really been able to fly my Inspire all that much lately I can't speak from personal experience, but I heard these strange rumors that the Inspire can't launch from a boat but that can't be true because you guys said yourselves one of the really NEAT features of dynamic home point was for situations "like on a boat" right!? It must be a rumor because I know you guys wouldn't advertise something unless it were true, right? It must be a rumor generated by a rival company or one of those nasty trolls on the forums because DJI wouldn't just say stuff that wasn't true in order to make their product look better. Don't worry DJI, I trust you.

Just came back from a vacation in Costa Rica and flew the Inspire off a 46' Catamaran in admittedly fairly calm waters, but had no problems at all, so I'm not sure where this fairy tale started, but I can tell you that if IMU is properly calibrated on shore and compass calibrated on the boat, the Inspire flies steady as a rock and launches straight up and lands steady as well. Now if you're talking a 10' dingy in choppy water I wouldn't know, but a reasonably steady platform will allow launch off a boat, period.

Well anyway, it's been nice chatting with you but I really have to get back to work now. Lets do it again soon. I'll be sure and post some videos and pics of the "ole girl on my desk. Not nearly as exciting as actual video taken from the Inspire but for an undetermined amount of time it'll have to do. I'm sure you have valid excuses for all of it and I am looking forward to hearing all of them. I'm certain you'll address them promptly. If you happen to find my batteries and props lying around, just stick them in the mail for me please.

Looking forward to your "desktop video." Sounds exciting!

Warmest Regards

Please expand post to read my comments.

Reactions: PaulKent
A few years ago Yamaha produced the R6 and it was loved by all. A short while later someone realized the tachometer read 1000rpm higher than the actual engine rpm. Yamaha immediately made the statement that they would buy back the R6's from anyone who was dissatisfied with their R6. Let's see DJI make a statement like that. Yamaha was willing to buy back a $10,000 motorcycle over a 1000rpm discrepancy. They hadn't made any grandiose promises that they hadn't met, fallen completely short on their production quality or made outright lies in the way DJI has. None of us were ever told that "in the future" it will be compatible with Apple or "in the future" it will be able to take off from a boat or "in the future" we'll have the issues worked out. NO ****! In the friggin future humans will be living on Mars. How about that functional drone that you promised us yesterday?
I'm a big time motorcycle guy..never heard of the r6 tack issue. .the guys I ride with would care less..
Track days and racing is where it's at for me..I rarely even look at the tack on my nitrous powered gsxr 1000 raod race bike or my turbo charged nitrous drag bike..
street riding is for possers..haha..

I have an iPhone 6, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, Macbook Air, and a Samsung Note 4. I keep having to do updates on my devices. There are bugs with these devices. Their ads say that they work. But when there's a bug, these devices don't work 100% to its perfection. I want my money back! I am going to sue Apple and Samsung. Maybe even a class action. While I'm at it, my Toyota Tundra and BMW M5 keep on having recalls. I'm going to sue Toyota and BMW too. If I whine loud enough, I'll get heard. But I'm sure in time, I'll sound like a broken record. Maybe I'll whine louder so they would listen? But for some reason I never get a response or a solution when I whine. It has never worked. Can you believe it??? How dare they? They need to revolve around me, me, me!!!

I'll make an exception to my Inspire. It's not a perfect system, but I fukin love it!

There are very few "defective" Inspires out there. Many are totally trouble free, mine included. If you do all the updates and are following all procedures most of the issues have been corrected. Lots of issues are from people thinking they are doing everything right, but inadvertently are missing something. Maybe calibrating near a buried steel tank, having a metallic belt buckle on, keeping their cell phone or even a metallic watch on.... We've all seen videos of flying near power lines or microwave towers....

Newer and not so new pilots panicking when their investment reacts to wind gusts, a switch in the wrong position, and other situations that may cause some erratic behavior. Next thing you know they are pushing the sticks all over the place. The Inspire reacts quickly to input.... It can be very unforgiving.

Then, more often than not, so they won't have to eat the three grand they just laid out, they "did everything right" and the Bird just crashed comes about hoping DJI will pick up the tab...

DJI has been very responsive, and in the case of Prop Locks, over responsive. As soon as issues were pointed out they were quick to correct.

Truly defective units are being returned and replaced or repaired. Maybe taking longer than some would like, but they don't seem to be leaving people hanging.

There are very few "defective" Inspires out there.

Who are you kidding, unless your work in the DJI exchange room you don't have a clue. Don't come on here at make false statements (Lies) to make a point

I like my Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 as much as the next guy but I know enough not to drink the DJI Kool Aid. They really fucked up with the iOS issue, IMU had issues.........Now it needs Prop Locks? I'm going to order an Inspire but not until all the Beta units have been sold and the problems corrected

Some of you guys really crack me up on your defending of DJI. The Inspire is a really nice product with glitches most of which should not be there. Ed and Blade have done an Excellent job of customer service for DJI and both of whom have also gotten a lot of crap

Last edited:
Reactions: Airwolf13
Who are you kidding, unless your work in the DJI exchange room you don't have a clue. Don't come on here at make false statements (Lies) to make a point

I like my Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 as much as the next guy but I know enough not to drink the DJI Kool Aid. They really fucked up with the iOS issue, IMU had issues.........Now it needs Prop Locks? I'm going to order an Inspire but not until all the Beta units have been sold and the problems corrected

Some of you guys really crack me up on your defending of DJI. The Inspire is a really nice product with glitches most of which should not be there. Ed and Blade have done an Excellent job of customer service for DJI and both of whom have also gotten a lot of crap

I think the majority (those without issues) are just tired of being told their machines are faulty and they need to blame DJI, while those with issues are tired of hearing that everything is ok and to just fly. Based on the threads I've participated in for the Inspire 1 launch, there are a lot of people upset about the iOS and prop issues, but I can only think of a generous 10-15 pilots that were affected in a catastrophic way by the IMU or props. Those rare cases are handled responsibly by DJI.

Most of us aren't defending DJI, we're defending our (and your) capability to fly an Inspire 1 safely and without issue. To come here and tell us that prop locks, iOS apps, and a FW issue are plaguing our units, all while you don't even have an Inspire 1, is the real joke that is cracking me up. Everyone is capable of flying without issues, just simply RTFM, hand tighten the props, and use iOS 0.9.2 or Android.

Have fun waiting for Inspire 2, I'm going for another flight.

I think the majority (those without issues) are just tired of being told their machines are faulty and they need to blame DJI, while those with issues are tired of hearing that everything is ok and to just fly. Based on the threads I've participated in for the Inspire 1 launch, there are a lot of people upset about the iOS and prop issues, but I can only think of a generous 10-15 pilots that were affected in a catastrophic way by the IMU or props. Those rare cases are handled responsibly by DJI.

Most of us aren't defending DJI, we're defending our (and your) capability to fly an Inspire 1 safely and without issue. To come here and tell us that prop locks, iOS apps, and a FW issue are plaguing our units, all while you don't even have an Inspire 1, is the real joke that is cracking me up. Everyone is capable of flying without issues, just simply RTFM, hand tighten the props, and use iOS 0.9.2 or Android.

Have fun waiting for Inspire 2, I'm going for another flight.

I never said I never flew the Inspire, another local camera man I know has one and I've flown his.....and it does fly nice. However when you have something as simple as a prop coming off in mid flight (2 X) something is not right with the aircraft. Your right, I'll wait until they get at least that right

Reactions: Airwolf13
There seems to be two very distinct camps here. Those who have issues and those who don't. The ones that do have issues seem to have MAJOR issues (e.g. dropping and/or unexplained serious crashes). Some of this CAN be explained off to 'pilot error' and some not. On the official DJI site there are countless stories from very experienced pilots who have totally un-explained major crashes. So, why are the DJI apologists not holding DJI responsible for what seemingly IS a SW/FW glitch in the Inspire?

Reactions: FASTFJR
I never said I never flew the Inspire, another local camera man I know has one and I've flown his.....and it does fly nice. However when you have something as simple as a prop coming off in mid flight (2 X) something is not right with the aircraft. Your right, I'll wait until they get at least that right

If he had props come off twice, that is just insane. Between my beta units and now my 2 production with hundreds of flights I have yet to have a prop come loose.

You don't just spin them on you need to tighten them. If it was that common you would have MANY Inspires going down to this issue.

If he had props come off twice, that is just insane. Between my beta units and now my 2 production with hundreds of flights I have yet to have a prop come loose.

You don't just spin them on you need to tighten them. If it was that common you would have MANY Inspires going down to this issue.

Insane is correct, he knows exactly how to tighten props and fly. He has a P2 and a 800. Last time I spoke with him he was sending it back to the dealer in MD?

There seems to be two very distinct camps here. Those who have issues and those who don't. The ones that do have issues seem to have MAJOR issues (e.g. dropping and/or unexplained serious crashes). Some of this CAN be explained off to 'pilot error' and some not. On the official DJI site there are countless stories from very experienced pilots who have totally un-explained major crashes. So, why are the DJI apologists not holding DJI responsible for what seemingly IS a SW/FW glitch in the Inspire?

I'm on the official DJI forum hourly. There are only a FEW that are truly craft issues. Those craft have been either replaced or repaired by DJI at no cost.

Most crashes are now related to the craft disengaging GPS do to compass errors, pilot's not knowing how to fly in ATTI and are crashing when this happens. This defiantly needs to be fixed and there are currently working on a solution. Even these are very far in-between.

You also get the same users reporting thier issues across 3-4 different forums, this also makes it appear more craft have issues than they actually do. When you look at the support matrix it's very low number versus how many craft have been sold.

This is a new craft the is pushing current technology. To expect it to be problem free is wishful thinking but is not reality, I truly wish it was though.

He is not a member of any site, however I've pushed him to get onto one of the Forums.

Insane is correct, he knows exactly how to tighten props and fly. He has a P2 and a 800. Last time I spoke with him he was sending it back to the dealer in MD?

Like I said something is not right.. If it was that common we would see it wide spread. were you there when these TWO incidents happened? If not then it's really just another story.;)

To add if I had one prop failure I wouldn't fly and wait for prop-locks, like it has been suggested.. fool me once, shame on you.. Fool me twice, shame on meo_O

I don't know one Inspire that has been found to be "Defective" from the the guys I personally know that have them. I do have information from a dealer that has also had very few issues with the Inspires they've sold. I see tons of posts from people that are tickled pink with their purchases. I do see a few of the same people bitching on every board and over posting on this one, claiming more absurd statements that you don't seem to have an issue with.... The only issue I do have with DJI is they and everyone who has been reviewing their Quads on a non pro level try to indicate that it's easy and anyone can be flying them in a few hours.... While that is possible, we all know there is a lot more involved than that. I wouldn't expect that a first time user would put 3K up without starting smaller, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All it takes is to read through the questions being asked, and it's a wonder more of them aren't crashing....

Reactions: FASTFJR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb