Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dear DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies for my vulgarity! In my defense I am so angry I could spit nails. I bought the inspire for a very very specific job. In a firmware update dji made it impossible to launch from a boat. I chose the inspire because of its forward speed. Nothing else can keep up with what I'm filming. At least nothing that I know of. So to address the living beyond my means comment, yes I took a huge risk. It was for a massive financial opportunity that would be amazing for my family. Sometimes you have to take risks. I thought that I would be entitled to the basic consumer rights that living here in the US provides. I say we get organized somehow and someway to send a very clear message that this is not okay. Any ideas cause I'm ready to go.

I know you don't want to hear this but they have a solution. I know it doesn't help you today but at least you know they're working on a solution. Please know that they understand that this is a must for MANY users.

Read this carefully blade strike. I tried for three weeks now. Three weeks of polite letters to DJI. Hours of civilized tech support conversations and I have nothing to show for it. Blade strike why don't you get in touch with dji for us. Maybe with your adult wisdom you can provide us with a way to return these defective inspires? Please help us. Maybe using emoticons in my next email to dji would help?

Read this carefully, to fix these issues takes time.. The inspire is not defective if it doesn't take off from a boat. It's a feature that is not currently available, far from defective.

I provide support and testing for DJI.. When people post like this, there is no helping them. You give them valid answers and they still don't want to listen, because it's not what they want to hear. You can voice your concerns the right or wrong way.

If you were on the DJI forums you would recognize my handle.
When people post like this they've already tried all other possible avenues. I defy you to address any of what not only I have said but many, many others have. Delays, errors, incompatibility, design flaws, failure to deliver, absence of stock, failure to fill orders. Go. The ball is in your court. Give me valid answers. I'm not asking your company to do me any favors, I'm asking them do to what they promised and what I paid for as we agreed when I ordered in November. Check your calendar. It's the third of February.

"oh well" batteries are hard to get. Yes. A big "oh well" I thought ahead I ORDERED extra batteries already on 12 NOV KNOWING I would need more. They didn't come with the Inspire. Not like it was an afterthought and I thought, "oh ****, I'm going to need more batteries". For anyone who wants to fly more than a few minutes, say stay on a site for several hours where charging isn't an option it IS a big issue. "Places" do NOT have "them" , the batteries as I have spent endless MORE time trying to find a place that can promise me earlier than three to four weeks in the future aside from the fact I shouldn't HAVE to search for them, I ordered them already. What head up their *** company makes people pay in advance for a product and then fails to deliver? DJI, that's who. Oh, then they shouldn't have promised something(s) they couldn't, and haven't delivered.
For the "safety issues", yes, I consider irregularity a safety issue. If there is a chance that something can go awry and 1)cause bodily harm 2) property damage 3) get lost 4) cause filming issues it is an issue. I have lost drones. I have had drones crash. When talking about a thousand dollar phantom, losing a thousand dollar anything is bad enough and I am not ready to lose a $3-4000 investment because of an error in software. I'm also not ready to have a drone double the weight of a Phantom drop on top of or fly into a person because a prop fell off. One of the few issues "the company" has acknowledged thus far. There are plenty of "issues" in the Inspire whether you're willing to acknowledge them or not.

I can see you have very little experience with Multirotors. This is cutting edge technology, to expect to be bug free is not rational. How long have smart phones been available? They still have bugs!!

Is this an excess, no.. But hopefully for a rational person, they can understand this..

Have a good day, wish you the best. If you need valid support, please contact me. If you want to continue to carry on with this crusade, it wont get you much help.

Reactions: diverreb and Joola
Read this carefully, to fix these issues takes time.. The inspire is not defective if it doesn't take off from a boat. It's a feature that is not currently available, far from defective.
Why was it presented as such? Do you not see a problem with saying "dynamic home point is useful in situations. like on a boat when the drone returns home" in your advertising only to produce a drone that doesn't do that "YET"? I do and I think a few other people agree. But we don't work for the company so our opinions may be a bit skewed.

Blade strike read my post. They change the firmware. After I got on a [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] plane to go fly off of a boat. Do you get it? This isn't a toy for many of us. It wasn't marketed as a toy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Airwolf13
I can see I can not provide s

I can see you have very little experience with Multirotors. This is cutting edge technology, to expect to be bug free is not rational. How long have smart phones been available? They still have bugs!!

Is this an excess, no.. But hopefully for a rational person, they can understand this..

Have a good day, wish you the best. If you need valid support, please contact me. If you want to continue to carry on with this crusade, it wont get you much help.
Blade strike do you work for dji? Awesome username by the way. I feel like a tool every time I write it.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Blade strike do you work for dji? Awesome username by the way. I feel like a tool every time I write it.

No I provide support and testing for them, I'm a network / systems engineer in my day job. If you feel like a tool for writing Blade strike, that sounds like a personal issue:)

Like I said, have a great day. If you need valid support you can pm me. I'm done beating this horse.

Reactions: gwhiz2k
I can see I can not provide s

Yep, brand new. Just started this morning. It's not only the "bugs" that are being presented, it's also the lack of communication, support, the failure to deliver promised product. The iPad I bought to work with the Inspire seems to work alright except it has trouble interfacing with the Inspire. Maybe it's an apple issue, I should probably call them.
Perhaps expecting to have an order filled as promised makes me irrational. So sorry. I'll take a Valium, make an appointment with my therapist and wait for DJI to follow through when they're good and ready.

Yep, brand new. Just started this morning. It's not only the "bugs" that are being presented, it's also the lack of communication, support, the failure to deliver promised product. The iPad I bought to work with the Inspire seems to work alright except it has trouble interfacing with the Inspire. Maybe it's an apple issue, I should probably call them.
Perhaps expecting to have an order filled as promised makes me irrational. So sorry. I'll take a Valium, make an appointment with my therapist and wait for DJI to follow through when they're good and ready.

I feel your pain but DJI has never been good with communication.........believe it or not they are now 10 X better than they were a year ago, two years ago. Blade and Ed have really helped out a lot.

I too am disappointed is some issues..........Hopefully that will change in the next week or so (iOS)

I feel your pain but DJI has never been good with communication.........believe it or not they are now 10 X better than they were a year ago, two years ago. Blade and Ed have really helped out a lot.

I too am disappointed is some issues..........Hopefully that will change in the next week or so (iOS)
What year is your FJR?

Reactions: FASTFJR
What year is your FJR?

LOL
First was a 2004, sold that in 2009. Sold the 09 in 2013

After 34 years of riding I stopped in 2013. Just became too congested and one too many close calls where I live

Read this carefully blade strike. I tried for three weeks now. Three weeks of polite letters to DJI. Hours of civilized tech support conversations and I have nothing to show for it. Blade strike why don't you get in touch with dji for us. Maybe with your adult wisdom you can provide us with a way to return these defective inspires? Please help us. Maybe using emoticons in my next email to dji would help?

Nick I have been watching your posts in various forums. I am not sure what you want. You said that you cannot return your Inspires because you flew it. Have you opened a ticket with DJI? You said that you have had multiple email conversations with them and phone calls as well. Great, send me a PM with your ticket number, your full name, address, email address and phone number. I will do my best to intercede on your behalf.

Reactions: Rig
Look at that, DJI Forum Support coming to lend their helping hands to a temper tantrum thread, completely on their own merit. Diverjeb, Nick, I suggest you PM Ed.

Thank you Ed and Blade for all you do.

Look at that, DJI Forum Support coming to lend their helping hands to a temper tantrum thread, completely on their own merit. Diverjeb, Nick, I suggest you PM Ed.

You are welcome.

Hardly a tantrum sir. Expectation of promised good and / or services in quoted timeframe can hardly be viewed as unreasonable. Easy solution to many of our "tantrums": Ship what we pre-ordered and make sure it does what you promised it would. The concept seems simple to me. Send my batteries, fix the ios Apple snafu, get rid of software bugs. You will still be painfully remiss at this date but that would be a step in the right direction. I won't go so far as to ask you to answer emails or phone calls as I see from experience that is out of the question and beyond your capacity. Of course those of us that express any disdain for the performance of the product DJI has presented or the absolute atrocious manner in which DJI addresses or has addressed the multitude of known issues and complaints are "throwing tantrums" are complete miscreants bent on destroying the DJI empire. Does that sum it up?

I am tired of making excuses for the company that continues to keep me making excuses. Lessons learned. I can't count on DJI for delivery. Can't count on DJI for honesty, transparency, responsibility or service. But ****! They sure make a groovy drone, if you're lucky enough to get one that does what it's supposed to when it works.

Reactions: Airwolf13
Tahoe Ed, call me and I can explain where I stand with my request. I sent what I am guessing is a private message.
As for the rest of you I am done. You all can have your forum back. Someday when I am ready to name a drone I will be back. Hopefully I will send my "bird" back so that they can put it down to rest permanently.

LOL
First was a 2004, sold that in 2009. Sold the 09 in 2013

After 34 years of riding I stopped in 2013. Just became too congested and one too many close calls where I live
Good for you! I have a 2004 FJR 1300 w/85,000 miles, 08 Yamaha R6 w 6500 miles, 2001 BMW 1150GS w 85,000 miles, just got rid of an R1 w 14,000 miles. Yamaha makes excellent machines. My friend just picked up a 14 FLR. Same as my 04 with a few improvements. I live in CT just outside of NYC. Super high volume and full of idiots that never see bikes. If you go into the ride knowing they don't see you, or care it's like a video game where they all want to kill you. The best riding is way far away from here. Sad that you gave it up completely. Great bike. Riding is a religion. The best one I know of.

I provide support and testing for DJI.. When people post like this, there is no helping them. You give them valid answers and they still don't want to listen, because it's not what they want to hear. You can voice your concerns the right or wrong way.

If you were on the DJI forums you would recognize my handle.
Right - I'm being unreasonable. How dare I expect to receive what was promised. I don't know if YOU have tried to contact DJI (because you work for them, what need would you have?) but they are unreachable. It's simple sir, put out the product. That magical machine you promised, deliver it. Seriously, I just want to be able to fly and video - I don't want to chat with anyone. No discussions or debates. Just produce the bird and the accessories I need to fly the **** thing and I will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry