Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dear DJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed.... It has been very windy here! 25 gusting to 35... Then possible Rain/Snow for the weekend!
Can you contact DJI and see what they intend to do about this?
I'm sure this weather issue thing has been effecting more than just me!
Doesn't happen all the time, and seems to be unpredictable.

No doubt it will be corrected in the next firmware issue. Once the iOS app is reinstated there will be an option to select 'Weather Type' Simply swipe and select weather pattern required and then wait 5 minutes for the meteorological pattern to change.

Reactions: diverreb
Gentlemen, I fly a UAV as part of my job. It is not a DJI product. I will not name the company but the unit costs over $25,000.00. It has crashed three times due to no fault of the pilots. Each was a electronic/sensor issue. The batteries suck and one died without charging more than two times. Each costs over $300.00 We were told "Oh well" . These are issues we have to live with. I can jump up and down and get mad but until we get a US company who sells these things we are gonna be on the up side of the risk scale. I love both my DJI (Phantom 2 and Inspire) trainers and while I wish things were smoother, things rarely are. Life is too short to stroke out over these things. Been flying DJI over two years, no crashes, and still using the original set of blades on my phantom. Rock on.

Last edited:
No doubt it will be corrected in the next firmware issue. Once the iOS app is reinstated there will be an option to select 'Weather Type' Simply swipe and select weather pattern required and then wait 5 minutes for the meteorological pattern to change.

I like it. Not to hot, not to cold, not to windy. Always perfect!

Reactions: diverreb
Kudos to you for writing this. The humor was classic and I applaude you for saying in a creative way how you really feel.

Now I'm going to say how I really feel. You would recognize Blade's handle on just about every forum of DJI's and any other multirotor forum because he's on all of them, desperately defending their products. He's real 'popular' in this community and he likes to vocalize that. It's a pride thing. People who are popular in a community that thrives on the success of it are naturally going to defend it- to the death apparently.

Tahoe is far more level headed and professional, I appreciate his tact. But both of them, will defend to the death it seems DJI's choice of tactics which lack class, honesty, credibility, and communication.

I'm not a 'multi rotor for life' professional by any means (thank god). I live on planet earth where there is a level of accountability that is held for most things we do. If this issue were with a product that these two individuals didn't love so much, or maybe a product they NEEDED to function, say like a car, or a computer since that's where they seem to spend so much of their time- Maube they would be more sympathetic- but they're not. They believe in dji, probably because one of them is paid by them, and the other is 'super duper enthused' and look how much he's done for this community!? How dare you sir, how dare you.

Outside of that, this is obviously the way no credible company would operate. With people like blade you just can't win. He's completely blinded for some reason to logic and empathy to people who didn't get a free inspire to promote it...

When this is all there is for someone, it's probably all they're going to see.

This company has not held up to its promises, pitch, or marketing. In every other arena where there are professionals and educated people involved this would be unacceptable. Apple, for example. Johnson & Johnson, Arri, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Yamaha... All have had issues with product releases. Yamaha bought their product back, Nikon offered free upgrades to the next gen of camera, almost a year later for the d600 debacle. The list goes on and on.

But don't worry, it's not because we were mislead, it's that we don't understand the industry. In the big boy world, If you market something as a pistachio there better be a nut inside, otherwise it's not a pistachio. Instead, apparently the nuts are running around all these forums labeling all the 'non-believers' as 'unreasonable'.

Right on bro, enjoy the Kool-Aide.

Every point the op made is valid. He's right on the money. If 'this is just the way it goes' with the hobby, then I'm all for the faa regulating the **** out of it, because the cool kids in the hobby are devoid of any common rationality and that's dangerous as far as I'm concerned.

oh, and they're also obsessed with non-existent virtues like their internet fame on forums.

Good times, great support. I'll exclude Tahoe from this because he isn't quite as bad. Even if he is paid by dji.

Reactions: diverjeb
Kudos to you for writing this. The humor was classic and I applaude you for saying in a creative way how you really feel.

Now I'm going to say how I really feel. You would recognize Blade's handle on just about every forum of DJI's and any other multirotor forum because he's on all of them, desperately defending their products. He's real 'popular' in this community and he likes to vocalize that. It's a pride thing. People who are popular in a community that thrives on the success of it are naturally going to defend it- to the death apparently.

Tahoe is far more level headed and professional, I appreciate his tact. But both of them, will defend to the death it seems DJI's choice of tactics which lack class, honesty, credibility, and communication.

I'm not a 'multi rotor for life' professional by any means (thank god). I live on planet earth where there is a level of accountability that is held for most things we do. If this issue were with a product that these two individuals didn't love so much, or maybe a product they NEEDED to function, say like a car, or a computer since that's where they seem to spend so much of their time- Maube they would be more sympathetic- but they're not. They believe in dji, probably because one of them is paid by them, and the other is 'super duper enthused' and look how much he's done for this community!? How dare you sir, how dare you.

Outside of that, this is obviously the way no credible company would operate. With people like blade you just can't win. He's completely blinded for some reason to logic and empathy to people who didn't get a free inspire to promote it...

When this is all there is for someone, it's probably all they're going to see.

This company has not held up to its promises, pitch, or marketing. In every other arena where there are professionals and educated people involved this would be unacceptable. Apple, for example. Johnson & Johnson, Arri, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Yamaha... All have had issues with product releases. Yamaha bought their product back, Nikon offered free upgrades to the next gen of camera, almost a year later for the d600 debacle. The list goes on and on.

But don't worry, it's not because we were mislead, it's that we don't understand the industry. In the big boy world, If you market something as a pistachio there better be a nut inside, otherwise it's not a pistachio. Instead, apparently the nuts are running around all these forums labeling all the 'non-believers' as 'unreasonable'.

Right on bro, enjoy the Kool-Aide.

Every point the op made is valid. He's right on the money. If 'this is just the way it goes' with the hobby, then I'm all for the faa regulating the **** out of it, because the cool kids in the hobby are devoid of any common rationality and that's dangerous as far as I'm concerned.

oh, and they're also obsessed with non-existent virtues like their internet fame on forums.

Good times, great support. I'll exclude Tahoe from this because he isn't quite as bad. Even if he is paid by dji.
Well said. I used to articulate myself in a similar manner before I was overcome with contempt.

@diverjeb -- you are being a windbag, i suggest to you that your abrasive tone is not helping you get that which you seek.

you ask for a bird that flies.

i presume you have the bird

the IOS app can be had with a modicum of google searching. dont get all huffy about having to look for it; sometimes i have to look for my glasses

i dont know why you haven't been able to contact DJI support. the 24hr chatline has people, and while their language doesnt always match mine, we communicate just fine as 2 fellow human beings. the support gang on the forums responds to most peoples reasonable questions

the tb48 has been on preorder since forever; tb47's can be had all over the place

so there you have it. if you want, you have a drone, that flies, with an APP, with spare batteries, and now even with proplocks in cases you are not sure if your hand-tighten is as tight as someone elses hand tight,

what else could you want.

just to hear the sound of your whining echoing across the forum. give it a break man. you'll hurt the whiny strand in your vocal cords, and you really want to save that section for something important
Have another glass of Kool Aid. I'm not at all interested in your thoughts or suggestions which I'm sure sound perfectly reasonable to you. The level of screwed that this project has been from the date it was announced is epic. It's very simple. Product described very specifically and promised on a date. Date changed several times, product does not fit description. I'm certain that you would be the first in line to complain about the new nail gun you just waited three months to get only to find it wouldn't interface with any air compressors, you had to fabricate a power cord and oh by the way, the special nails will be sent to you when we get around to making them. Too bad if you had jobs lined up, they'll just have to wait. Should you have to find ways to make your new tool work or should it come to you ready to use in the manner in which it was promised? Yep, there I go being unreasonable again. Judging by the number of people in agreement I'd say I'm not alone. For every one person that issues a complaint there are many, many more out there that are in agreement that don't voice their opinion.
It's clear a great deal of forethought went into the production and design of the Inspire that didn't extend to distribution and manufacturing. No promises fulfilled and product not as described.

I'm a big time motorcycle guy..never heard of the r6 tack issue. .the guys I ride with would care less..
Track days and racing is where it's at for me..I rarely even look at the tack on my nitrous powered gsxr 1000 raod race bike or my turbo charged nitrous drag bike..
street riding is for possers..haha..
A quick google search would bring up the R6 tach glitch but you're most likely too busy racing to look it up.. Regardless, professional companies put out professional products that can be used upon arrival because they actually tested them long enough to know that they work as they were intended to.

Here you go- straight from Wikipedia:
2006 tachometer problem[edit]
In 2006, Yamaha advertised that the R6 had a redline of 17,500 rpm. This is 2,000 rpm higher than the previous R6 model and was the highest tachometer redline of any 2006 production four-stroke motorcycle engine.[5]The true maximum engine speed was limited by the ECU to 15,800 RPM.[6] In February 2006, Yamaha admitted the bike's true engine redline was more than 1,000 rpm lower than what was indicated on the tachometer and had been advertised,[7] and offered to buy back any R6 if the customer was unhappy

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 6, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, Macbook Air, and a Samsung Note 4. I keep having to do updates on my devices. There are bugs with these devices. Their ads say that they work. But when there's a bug, these devices don't work 100% to its perfection. I want my money back! I am going to sue Apple and Samsung. Maybe even a class action. While I'm at it, my Toyota Tundra and BMW M5 keep on having recalls. I'm going to sue Toyota and BMW too. If I whine loud enough, I'll get heard. But I'm sure in time, I'll sound like a broken record. Maybe I'll whine louder so they would listen? But for some reason I never get a response or a solution when I whine. It has never worked. Can you believe it??? How dare they? They need to revolve around me, me, me!!!

I'll make an exception to my Inspire. It's not a perfect system, but I fukin love it!
Glad you "fukin love" your Inspire. Wish I could say the same. Ooooh how exciting it was to hear it was being released. Too bad the magical tingle didn't stick around when it finally arrived. Do your Toyota and BMW recalls cause them to not work? Yes, I remember my Tundra recalls too. There was the floor mat recall and the brake pedal recall, neither of which were actual hazards and fixed at the dealer for free while I had it serviced. When was the last time you had a problem with either that caused your truck or car to sit in the driveway unusable or a tow truck came to pick up your car so it could be shipped back to Germany so they could fix it? In the case of vehicles there actually is a lemon law.

Paul said it best, but...

I got what I ordered, it does what they advertised. What's the problem?

They sent out drones a few weeks before the spare batteries were available. Would you rather they had held your entire shipment for months until your batteries were made, so that they could all get shipped to you in one package? I wouldn't want them to do that to me. I'd rather fly, albeit with one battery, if I have the choice. If I was DJI, I would have made the same decision. If you HAVE to have batteries NOW, then buy some separately. They have been available.

They've officially stated that they are working on this. What more do you want, immediate results?

They are working on this as well. Sounds like a demand for immediate perfection on a product that has been out a month.

All of your networked computers, including computer operating systems, smart phone, tablet, all receive regular updates to fix bugs, even years after a major release. Even Phantom updates are still coming out. Bugs exist in all platforms of computer-controlled electronics, and responsible manufacturers of said electronics will continue to release bug-fixes and updates as they are needed. You shouldn't have to learn these life lessons from a drone forum.

I have used DJI chat and phone support. I agree, to some extent, that their support has many ways in which it can improve (English, waiting time, turnaround, uniform results/recommendations). However, of the times I had to contact DJI support, they did solve my issues in a responsible manner and I am pleased with the overall outcome. Your mileage apparently varies from mine, but I can only speak from experience. At the same time, Blade and Ed have both participated in this thread, offering personal help to those with complaints. Are you taking them up on their offers?

...and the rest of it

I just think you had a bad experience, maybe several of them back to back. If the delays you mentioned are too much to bear, then throw in the towel and move on. On the other hand, if you know you want to stick with it and get to where most people are, approach this in a way that will show progress toward your ultimate goal, flying an Inspire 1. I'm flying every day without issue, as are most people, and you should be able to as well. If you can't fly for mechanical or software reasons (other than delays), then contact DJI support. I know it probably makes your blood boil to see "contact support" recommended when you've had such a bad time with support, but seriously, if you're going to commit to actually getting the Inspire 1 flying like you want, then you should just PM Ed with a civil and completely objective explanation of what your situation is and see how he can help. That's exactly what I would do in your situation.

Further complaining without any actions taken just discredits your posts and participation here.
I am glad you got what you ordered. I did not. Yes, right on the money when you say I have had MANY back to back issues with the company. No. I am not expecting perfection. Yes I understand there are always going to be glitch fixes and updates. I would expect better testing PRIOR to releasing a product. It's unbelievable to think that THEY chose to set the date the Inspire was to be released. They knew full well they would have to deliver these things in early December. If they couldn't produce the full package - that is, operating system, spare parts, batteries, functional aircraft - then why did they say they could. To launch without a solid infrastructure - -not a good plan imo because now it's a catchup game where they're putting out fires and dealing with people who's expectations, that they developed, haven't been met. I don't want to have to return the Inspire - I just want to be able to use it. THAT is the theme in all of my posts. I simply want to use the Inspire as I do my other drones. Fly, film, land, swap batteries, repeat. I am accustomed to solving problems myself and only resort to contacting anyone when I have exhausted all other avenues. I can't write code, I can't fabricate a battery or prop locks. The short time I have been able to fly the Inspire it has been fine with small issues.
Of course any complaints are viewed as bitching, especially if YOUR Inspire arrived on time with all the extras and you think tech support and 24h chat was helpful to you when you used them. It's much harder to put yourself in the position of someone who has not experienced any of this. Problems happen. Mistakes happen. That is to be expected. It's HOW mistakes and problems are dealt with that speaks louder than words.

Reactions: TheSource
Good for you! I have a 2004 FJR 1300 w/85,000 miles, 08 Yamaha R6 w 6500 miles, 2001 BMW 1150GS w 85,000 miles, just got rid of an R1 w 14,000 miles. Yamaha makes excellent machines. My friend just picked up a 14 FLR. Same as my 04 with a few improvements. I live in CT just outside of NYC. Super high volume and full of idiots that never see bikes. If you go into the ride knowing they don't see you, or care it's like a video game where they all want to kill you. The best riding is way far away from here. Sad that you gave it up completely. Great bike. Riding is a religion. The best one I know of.
I too am a rider, had a mc license since 1964. Had just about every bike made, from Triumphs to Harleys, BMWs, etc. Currently riding a 2015 BMW GTL.

Enjoy life and be nice

Yes they have different tacts, but to be fair, I've seen both of them state that they don't agree with certain things DJI has done or that they don't think the state of certain things are acceptable in posts here and on other forums. I haven't really seen them defend (let alone to the death as you describe) the items you listed.

I'm so tired of seeing wall of text complaints. It's always the same stuff too. I haven't seen any original thought in the past few weeks. I think damoncooper said it best...if you want DJI to change anything, everyone with complaints should band together and be present their case to DJI in a constructive, unified manner. I don't think many people here really care anymore about these whiny posts anymore. Our birds are flying great and we're having a blast. I'm sorry others have had trouble but that's just how it goes...with anything.

Don't let "The source" bother you.. As you can see he is a troll.

If you look at my nick it's been active on RCG since 06, Way before DJI. As you say I don't defend DJI to death, I will correct post that need correcting. There are so many rumors or untruths started by people like the troll above.

At least I wear my handle with pride and don't hide behind some unknown one, come on " The source ", who are you?

I can leave DJI anytime, I have a great paying job and so does my wife. I do this because I have tried all other multi rotor platforms and kept coming back to DJI. Are they perfect? Not at all. Do they need to work on how they release updates and slow down on new products? They sure do!! With that being said, show me a better product!!!

This is cutting edge technology, it will have teething issues.. If you cant handle that, then it's not time for you to even engage in multi rotors.

Last edited:
See what I mean? Far from a troll buddy. I'd actually like to know who you are. You constantly throw around your weight like you're important. I've never said I was important. You sure have.

Oh and thank you for exemplifying every example of my observations.

'I've been around since' and 'youre just not ready for multirotors' have nothing to do with selling products unethically. This is your cop out and boy do you wear it well.

Man, you're so much better than us Blade, please forgive me for 'trolling' as you put it by earning your contempt because I question a product that is questionable. Boy did I mess up.

I know 90% of the people here kiss your ***, and you enjoy that, but I don't really care who you are. Your actions speak louder than anything to me, not your post count. And it makes sense you're representing DJI, you fit right in.

I'm a frustrated customer who's official support is you. You're a volunteer who was paid with product, and you're highly unprofessional.

I see why you're a volunteer though, I wouldn't pay you either. You're a liability.

Don't let "The source" bother you.. As you can see he is a troll.

If you look at my nick it's been active on RCG since 06, Way before DJI. As you say I don't defend DJI to death, I will correct post that need correcting. There are so many rumors or untruths started by people like the troll above.

At least I wear my handle with pride and don't hide behind some unknown one, come on " The source ", who are you?

I can leave DJI anytime, I have a great paying job and so does my wife. I do this because I have tried all other multi rotor platforms and kept coming back to DJI. Are they perfect? Not at all. Do they need to work on how they release updates and slow down on new products? They sure do!! With that being said, show me a better product!!!

This is cutting edge technology, it will have teething issues.. If you cant handle that, then it's not time for you to even engage in multi rotors.

See what I mean? Far from a troll buddy. I'd actually like to know who you are. You constantly throw around your weight like you're important. I've never said I was important. You sure have.

Oh and thank you for exemplifying every example of my observations.

'I've been around since' and 'youre just not ready for multirotors' have nothing to do with selling products unethically. This is your cop out and boy do you wear it well.

Man, you're so much better than us Blade, please forgive me for 'trolling' as you put it by earning your contempt because I question a product that is questionable. Boy did I mess up.

I know 90% of the people here kiss your ***, and you enjoy that, but I don't really care who you are. Your actions speak louder than anything to me, not your post count. And it makes sense you're representing DJI, you fit right in.

I'm a frustrated customer who's official support is you. You're a volunteer who was paid with product, and you're highly unprofessional.

I see why you're a volunteer though, I wouldn't pay you either. You're a liability.

I'm a volunteer by choice, being paid would kill me even more on taxes:) Like I said I have a well paying job and a retirement.

Regarding everything else you said, Not even worth my time or day. Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one and they all stink;)

By the way you never did respond to your real handle? Real easy to talk your nonsense behind a new nick:p

If you cant stand me then put me on ignore, otherwise you're proving my point, a troll!
(this would be the adult thing to do)

Edit,

I did it for you, you are now on ignore, have a wonderful day!

Case and point. Thank you buddy, you did me a real favor. Retired and using emoticons to express that everyone's else's opinion stinks. Someone doesn't like you- big deal. I'm sure it won't scar your internet fame too much.

You have more time now to devote to more important people such as yourself, who have more post counts and tell you how great you are.

This is my only handle bud. But I can read, and you especially have a knack for being an elitist tool towards users who don't think like you do.

You belittle them and throw your weight around, and from the looks of it spend hours upon hours here talking above how great a product is. You're bad for the industry not good for it.

Some of us spend time in the real world so we don't have the luxury to post 56 times an hour. Some of us spend our money on other things besides quads so we have an actual frame of reference to what a product should be when it claims to be such.

If you're retired and you gain so much validation from being 'blade strike' then I will leave you alone. Obviously this is really important to you, I'd hate to ask what you did with the rest of your life to make it such an achievement.

You're not wrong buddy.

No matter how many of the people here tell you otherwise.

You'll be attacked for it, but that just goes to show how many people are still buying 'toys' as an adult. Should be a good indicator as to the maturity level you're facing right now.

No everyone sees 3000 dollars as a toy. Myself included.

I am glad you got what you ordered. I did not. Yes, right on the money when you say I have had MANY back to back issues with the company. No. I am not expecting perfection. Yes I understand there are always going to be glitch fixes and updates. I would expect better testing PRIOR to releasing a product. It's unbelievable to think that THEY chose to set the date the Inspire was to be released. They knew full well they would have to deliver these things in early December. If they couldn't produce the full package - that is, operating system, spare parts, batteries, functional aircraft - then why did they say they could. To launch without a solid infrastructure - -not a good plan imo because now it's a catchup game where they're putting out fires and dealing with people who's expectations, that they developed, haven't been met. I don't want to have to return the Inspire - I just want to be able to use it. THAT is the theme in all of my posts. I simply want to use the Inspire as I do my other drones. Fly, film, land, swap batteries, repeat. I am accustomed to solving problems myself and only resort to contacting anyone when I have exhausted all other avenues. I can't write code, I can't fabricate a battery or prop locks. The short time I have been able to fly the Inspire it has been fine with small issues.
Of course any complaints are viewed as bitching, especially if YOUR Inspire arrived on time with all the extras and you think tech support and 24h chat was helpful to you when you used them. It's much harder to put yourself in the position of someone who has not experienced any of this. Problems happen. Mistakes happen. That is to be expected. It's HOW mistakes and problems are dealt with that speaks louder than words.

Reactions: PhantomDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo