Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Debunked! Drone strike with an aircraft...

If this is a topic for debate, to debunk you need tests, not the opinion of one guy. I thought you were going to show us videos of it doing nothing. Instead we have one guy who even says "Manno admits that engine damage is possible when hitting birds or drones, but again argues against the “misguided drone hysteria”..... And he is talking about airliners. I fly a cessna 152 and if a quad hits any part of my little plane I could go down. Just saying.

One could admit it may be over-hyped and over-reported, but the danger is very real.

Had a meeting with a Cessna for a couple of weeks ago, in the outskirts of a community.. with 40km to nearest airport.

I flew my Inspire at around 70-80m height and the Cessna came in at around 100-150m height.
They should be at 300m altitude.

The pilot probably saw my drone, for it did not take any length of time before he ascended to around 300m, where he circulated a few laps around the community and then flew on.

Self, I dived to the ground and held me at 30m, until I saw that the pilot ascend. Don´t care about the dumbass pilot, but I don´t want to lose my Inspire. :)

Last edited:
Had a very similar situation when flying at a local track. I was at 300ft on my way to 400ft when I saw a small Cessna coming in so super low. It was tough to tell from my perspective but he could not have been much higher that my quad. People at the track were even commenting on how low he was flying (it was a big event and he probably wanted to check it out). Obviously I was angry since I was trying to work but had to land because of someone breaking FAA regs with a full size aircraft.

Reactions: Highrpm955
as for my opinion with no offence to anyone i would say it is over reacted... both sides (full sized and model) pilots need to use more common sense and when flying next to or on an airport for any reason it is fair and needed to talk to the tower and be in constant contact for information to react if needed... media like we all know like CNN for eg turn and twist the "news" as they please to manipulate the peoples... sometimes with more and sometimes with less results...
if everybody would the soft jellowish thing in a shell called skull - his / her fu***n BRAIN nothing would be needed to play and work safley next to one another.
my 2 cents

as for my opinion with no offence to anyone i would say it is over reacted... both sides (full sized and model) pilots need to use more common sense and when flying next to or on an airport for any reason it is fair and needed to talk to the tower and be in constant contact for information to react if needed... media like we all know like CNN for eg turn and twist the "news" as they please to manipulate the peoples... sometimes with more and sometimes with less results...
if everybody would the soft jellowish thing in a shell called skull - his / her fu***n BRAIN nothing would be needed to play and work safley next to one another.
my 2 cents

I don't see the over reaction, we frequently have guys who are wanting to buzz over their house while calling their wife on the cellphone to say high honey. Happens all the time, someone who either flying with someone or by themselves, (yes they're close enough you can count bodies inside the plane) maybe they just bought a Bonanza, dunno. However, I fall over myself trying to get out of their way, irregardless they're at 2-300' agl.

Whoever has first contact with a plane no matter what happens to the plane is gonna become penniless, homeless, & cast out of society...

Wormwood

Reactions: Soflms and Maurice
I don't see the over reaction, we frequently have guys who are wanting to buzz over their house while calling their wife on the cellphone to say high honey. Happens all the time, someone who either flying with someone or by themselves, (yes they're close enough you can count bodies inside the plane) maybe they just bought a Bonanza, dunno. However, I fall over myself trying to get out of their way, irregardless they're at 2-300' agl.

Whoever has first contact with a plane no matter what happens to the plane is gonna become penniless, homeless, & cast out of society...

Wormwood

what i meant with over reacted is teh media hype. other than that i agree with your last part been exspelled out of socity with good reason... it is dangerous and i do not understand why one has to fly close or near a zone or part where **** can happen...

I always fly with a "spotter" who looks out for objects that I might not be aware of and might pose as a potential danger to the unit and especially to other people. I'd gladly get out of the way of incoming aircraft, no sense playing chicken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters