Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Delay in delivery of inspire1

I just asked B&H in the US (where I have my pre-order) about this and they don't know anything about it and asked me for my source. I sent them a link to this thread.

I just asked B&H in the US (where I have my pre-order) about this and they don't know anything about it and asked me for my source. I sent them a link to this thread.

Jump on DJI's web site and ask them yourself .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just received word from the dealer that I ordered the Inspire from, he told me he now expects them end of Jan. Never heard about the cases. Maybe in Canada we won't get the case

I just received word from the dealer that I ordered the Inspire from, he told me he now expects them end of Jan. Never heard about the cases. Maybe in Canada we won't get the case
we are Canadian dealer, and we have confirmation that all pre orders with us get the case !

Where is this picture coming from? Really nice looking case and I would actually hope this is what comes with our initial purchase. There doesn't seem to be any wheels though so it may become pretty heavy to carry with all the additional batteries.
Who provided the picture?

Wow...the case is super hot...

Not sure i like the zippers..but if i end up with a case like this i will be happy. i still can't believe how many times we have had adjusted ship dates.
I know when i managed a car stereo store and even in my present business dealings i try and shoot for promising a later date than i expect to help account for delays,then when most of the time i am earlier i am the hero..not the zero.

I just heard back from DJI about a case. I pre-ordered with B&H in the US. Here is the reply:

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your attention on DJI!
Yes, there is a case with Inpire 1, we will give it to our dealers.

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

Good News!

Nice case. Not a Pelican and until I get it in my hands I can't comment as to whether it is suited for airline luggage but it is helpful to have all in one package from the manufacturer. I wish they would stop whispering in my ear and finally take me to bed already.

Reactions: acoll123
Not sure i like the zippers..but if i end up with a case like this i will be happy. i still can't believe how many times we have had adjusted ship dates.
I know when i managed a car stereo store and even in my present business dealings i try and shoot for promising a later date than i expect to help account for delays,then when most of the time i am earlier i am the hero..not the zero.

Absolutely correct. I'd lose the job entirely. Most people are willing to continue to work with you if you tell them frankly, "Mr. Jones, due to a problem in obtaining parts, due to weather, due to equipment issues, due to whatever....that date of first week of December can't happen, HOWEVER, I expect that the promises I made to you about the job you prepaid for WILL bet met by "X" date instead" rather than, " Mr. Jones, that work I promised, yeah, well it should be completed some time in the future".

Where is this picture coming from? Really nice looking case and I would actually hope this is what comes with our initial purchase. There doesn't seem to be any wheels though so it may become pretty heavy to carry with all the additional batteries.
Who provided the picture?

The pictures were posted by a DJI employee in their forum. They also posted the meaurements. IIRC, roughly 20"x20"x9". On the DJI forum look for a thread about cases.

EDIT: In the other thread someone mentioned 22x19x9.5"

Spoke to b&h today (12:30 EST) for status of my order placed 11-20-14 (the flying camera line) the salesperson I spoke to agreed to go ask the buyer for an update on expected delivery. After about two minutes, he came back and said b&h is expecting delivery of 250 of these inspire 1's the end of next week (@ dec 26). He confirmed my order is in the 250 group, and I should have it delivered to my house by New Years (they are offering free expedited delivery)

If this is true, dji could be shipping as early as the end of this week? Is anyone else getting this type of confirmation from your dealers?

Spoke to b&h today (12:30 EST) for status of my order placed 11-20-14 (the flying camera line) the salesperson I spoke to agreed to go ask the buyer for an update on expected delivery. After about two minutes, he came back and said b&h is expecting delivery of 250 of these inspire 1's the end of next week (@ dec 26). He confirmed my order is in the 250 group, and I should have it delivered to my house by New Years (they are offering free expedited delivery)

If this is true, dji could be shipping as early as the end of this week? Is anyone else getting this type of confirmation from your dealers?

Were they willing to say how many they have sold out of the 250 or total?

Not so fast folks... below is the email I too got from B&H when I asked them about the "250 units."

Hello Dave, my name is Dov H:
Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Too many rumors for one day :) We are all very excited and waiting for these new units.
1. We have not been notified of any order coming to us. I hope the person that started the rumor has better information than I do.
2. DJI will be shipping the new unit in a case. However, it is not due to any "apology." It is simply that they want to package the unit better and the old white cardboard boxes did not do the job well enough.

This case is not a case that is recommended for travel.
I hope I answered all of your concerns.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.
Dov H
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Reactions: ctp
According to DJI's website: "Round 3 pre-orders have begun. Orders in this round will ship on or around 2015-01-15." I would think that would align with first shipments in late December. We could have these in our hands by jan 1

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 9.08.19 AM.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk