Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Delay in delivery of inspire1

So please update me. Do you need TWO controllers to operate the pan or not?

DJI has clarified several times that currently you must have two controllers to pan the camera. They are exploring a software change in the future that will allow you to pan a camera with a single controller, but there is no guarantee that option will ever be released or available.

When in single controller mode I only intend to pan by yawing the Inspire in order to minimize the chances of disorientation. If I really want a challenge I'll let me 6yo boy be the camera operator with the slave remote while I learn to precisely control the inspire without being able to rely on the camera view for orientation.

A skilled operator should be able to yaw the craft smoothly enough that it will be impossible to tell if the shot was made with a pan or a yaw. (IMHO, YMMV, IANAL, DTMB).

So please update me. Do you need TWO controllers to operate the pan or not?
As far as I can tell the answer is yes.
I think it is a safety reason. I think they want one person to use yaw so they are focused on flying and not both flying and moving the camera.
I went with two controllers and will domtje best I can with one most of the time.

Relating to the pan option, is there not an option on the Pilot App to lock-in the camera on a specific point on the screen and then simply navigate freely while the camera maintains focus on the selected area?

Will this option be possible with a single operator? I would hope so.

I can certainly understand the safety concern of having a single operator looking at the screen while panning the camera, and then crashing because he is unaware of the flight path. I just hope the camera lock option is possible for single operators. Anyone know about that?

Reactions: acoll123 and ctp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD