Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dilemma: Which to chose Inspire 1 V2 Pro or Inspire 2 with X4S

As a photographer, You'll like the I2 after the P4 and Mavic. It handles really precisely and is very stable in hover in comparison. You should find the detail in the still images improves too - a touch less smeared than from the P4. It's also nice to have aperture control, something I miss when I fly my P4.

( I'm still flying my P4 alongside the I2 as it can get in some spots I wouldn't put the I2 - like thru windows in ruined houses!).

Biggest difference coming from the fixed gimbal is getting used to uncoupling the gimbal from the direction of the aircraft and the increased stability it gives, especially with panning and panoramic shots. But it also means you need to be more aware of the aircraft heading when flying as the big camera view on the Go4 app isn't always were it's going ;) :D

It's a excellent upgrade from the smaller quads, and closer to a proper camera. Have fun!

Just what I was hoping to hear. I am really looking forward to getting it. Have you experienced any of the firmware issues that some have reported? I bought an I1 last week, updated it without incident but then decided to get the I2 so the I1 goes back.

While I have you here, what case might you recommend? I saw a case that had back straps on it which might be handy. Also, are you using filters for you I2? I will be using the X4s camera.

I've had some minor irritations with doing the firmware update, but that's all. Nothing unexpected really.

I'm just using the case the I2 comes with for now. I haven't decided on the best way to go with a case yet - landing mode or travel mode. I'm not too bothered by the time saved getting out of travel mode, but it's the size of a replacement case I'm looking at - don't want too big a monster as I've other Peli cases and cameras to fit in with it!! I'm waiting to see what HPRC come out with before I make a firm decision.

Filters, yes - just some standard UV filters on the lenses (I've a x5s), but also just purchased some of the ND filters. I bought the Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters as they appear to be pretty neutral colour-wise, unlike the US sourced PolarPro ones which seem to have a slight warming tint (why does the US have such a fetish with super-saturated warm color! :rolleyes::D). Not had any weather suitable to use them with yet though :(

Reactions: deltalimatango
I've had some minor irritations with doing the firmware update, but that's all. Nothing unexpected really.

I'm just using the case the I2 comes with for now. I haven't decided on the best way to go with a case yet - landing mode or travel mode. I'm not too bothered by the time saved getting out of travel mode, but it's the size of a replacement case I'm looking at - don't want too big a monster as I've other Peli cases and cameras to fit in with it!! I'm waiting to see what HPRC come out with before I make a firm decision.

Filters, yes - just some standard UV filters on the lenses (I've a x5s), but also just purchased some of the ND filters. I bought the Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters as they appear to be pretty neutral colour-wise, unlike the US sourced PolarPro ones which seem to have a slight warming tint (why does the US have such a fetish with super-saturated warm color! :rolleyes::D). Not had any weather suitable to use them with yet though :(

Yeah well, I am a more nature color guy myself. :) I will look around and see what they have in the way of filters for the X4s. I am sure someone is making some. Like you, I am not too bothered by simply opening the case and setting up. It's only a few mins and sort of makes it all part of the adventure. Putting on the props, and mounting the camera. I kind of like that part.

To the OP, the X5 series glass is the same. It's what happens to the image after it passes through the glass is where things separate the I1 vs I2. The I2 has longer flight times, by 10 minutes. Also, there are new features the I2 has, such as Spotlight Pro which mostly eliminates teh need for a slave controller. Hands down the I2 is a winner but here comes the dji Matric 200. ;-)

To the OP, the X5 series glass is the same. It's what happens to the image after it passes through the glass is where things separate the I1 vs I2. The I2 has longer flight times, by 10 minutes. Also, there are new features the I2 has, such as Spotlight Pro which mostly eliminates teh need for a slave controller. Hands down the I2 is a winner but here comes the dji Matric 200. ;-)

The I2 and X4s are both sitting in my computer room... :)

Are they as good as Peli ?
No they are not.
They are 'OK' but not as good as a Peli

Production crews around the world will trust their gear to Pelican.

I have pulled an HPRC case to bits (literally) and the fittings, seals and general quality of construction is not as good as Peli.

There are absolutely fine for chucking in the back of a car and driving around but I wouldnt want to rely on them for international airline travel or harsh/humid environments

The HPRC I use for the P4 stuff is well laid out, and it's been a decent enough case. Hence why I'm waiting to see what they release.

But, like the Ed says, they're almost, but not quite as good as a Peli. They're good enough to keep everything together, dry, portable and protect from knocks and falling stuff in general use, but I wouldn't want to drive over it or subject it to harsh environments like Schipol or Heathrow baggage handlers :D . Having said that De Gaul was always the worst for waiting and watching lose bits going forlornly round the bagage conveyor belts - I've watched them feed the contents of someone's bag out piece by piece before now :D

Just saw this.

HPRC4600W FOR DJI INSPIRE 2 - INS2-4600W-01 - HPRC

HPRC2780W FOR DJI INSPIRE 2 - INS2-2780W-01 - HPRC

DJI Inspire 2 - Custom Pelican Storm Case | AerialMediaPros.com

BL, you're the man mate. Good points. I don't skimp on camera gear (my DSLR gear is all pro) so why do that with the drone? One thing that I'm not clear about. Will the I2 fly for 27 mins with one battery? The DJI site is a bit vague about this.
No they Just changed the Firmware... Now ONLY dual batteries are supported for flight... I have had both products you are talking about... I 2 hands down for modular design, reliability and redundancy... Good Luck

Thanks for those - don't think HPRC have done the best job spacewise in their two options :( . There's a UK based outfit have done an HPRC case with a more compact and adaptable internal layout, so I'll have a look at that again. Got an Expo coming up here in the UK in a couple of weeks, so I'll check out sizes etc of Peli's too. Might just go with a case I can drop the DJI moulded one straight into.

As a photographer, You'll like the I2 after the P4 and Mavic. It handles really precisely and is very stable in hover in comparison. You should find the detail in the still images improves too - a touch less smeared than from the P4. It's also nice to have aperture control, something I miss when I fly my P4.

( I'm still flying my P4 alongside the I2 as it can get in some spots I wouldn't put the I2 - like thru windows in ruined houses!).

Biggest difference coming from the fixed gimbal is getting used to uncoupling the gimbal from the direction of the aircraft and the increased stability it gives, especially with panning and panoramic shots. But it also means you need to be more aware of the aircraft heading when flying as the big camera view on the Go4 app isn't always were it's going ;) :D

It's a excellent upgrade from the smaller quads, and closer to a proper camera. Have fun!
I find the FPV camera on my I2 is a very welcome addition I also have the I1 Pro with the Z3 and X5 and the Mavic and on my I2 I have the X5S, and the FPV camera on the I2 is very helpful especially when flying with the second controller, Pilot can always see the exact direction of airframe while the camera operator can concentrate on getting the shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy