Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disappointing Problem Resolution

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
So, in short. Got an Inspire... Unboxed it and have a gimbal that rubs as it spins.

B&H suggests an RMA but has no idea when a replacement will arrive

DJI today (after waiting almost a week) says they will send an RMA and will process for repair that will take a month or so to return.

Feels pretty poor to spend 4 grand on a dual controlled aircraft and batteries, open it and realize you have to immediately send it back for a month minimum for a repair when you haven't even been able to use the item. A new thing should be sold as "fit for use" or one should expect a replacement in a reasonable timeframe (not a repair since I haven't broken anything)

I offered to send just the gimbal back but frankly this experience has me thinking I should return the whole shooting match. I mean really, shouldn't I expect new in the box rather than here you go, we fixed it... And by the way, that 3 month wait you had... lets add another month just cause it's the best we can do.

I'd expect that from eBay after buying a used piece of goods

If it is brand new out of the box, why would you not just return it to B&H and have them send you another? I've never had to return anything to them, but plenty of folks here have said they are easy to deal with.

So, in short. Got an Inspire... Unboxed it and have a gimbal that rubs as it spins.
B&H suggests an RMA but has no idea when a replacement will arrive
DJI today (after waiting almost a week) says they will send an RMA and will process for repair that will take a month or so to return.
Feels pretty poor to spend 4 grand on a dual controlled aircraft and batteries, open it and realize you have to immediately send it back for a month minimum for a repair when you haven't even been able to use the item. A new thing should be sold as "fit for use" or one should expect a replacement in a reasonable timeframe (not a repair since I haven't broken anything)
I offered to send just the gimbal back but frankly this experience has me thinking I should return the whole shooting match. I mean really, shouldn't I expect new in the box rather than here you go, we fixed it... And by the way, that 3 month wait you had... lets add another month just cause it's the best we can do.
I'd expect that from eBay after buying a used piece of goods

They are great, and I've spent well over a hundred K with them over the years. The issue remains that inventory is such they have no idea when they would have a replacement... Back to the DJI thing which seems to be about selling product before you have sufficient inventory. Kind of like Apple only in their case, one you do get your hands on an item, Apple is always ready to swap out a product on the spot if needed.

Bummer. I know they are getting them in all the time. I just received one from them last Friday. Maybe you can get on the top of their list. Once you engage with DJI, B&H is off the hook. Good luck!

Thinking that will be my course of action. It's stupid (and wasteful) to have to do this but given all the communication today (which I have save you all from), it seems like the best solution.

Just daffy

Yup I am with the majority. I would return it as a defective product and get my money back. Plenty of people are finding them and ordering and seeing them in days. I'd just buy another right away and what for your money back on the other.

+1 on returning it. Let them deal with it. They sold it to you so it's their responsibility.
I'd ask for my money back or a new sealed kit.

I wish you a speedy turnaround!

Last edited:
Hey jon...
I've had a similar experience. .but with a faulty flight controller. .
bought mine from all e rc and was within their two week return policy, but they pushed me off to dji la instead of exchanging it for another inspire1. .
turn out that I had to wait three weeks to get it back from dji la ..Should have been two ,but had a problem retrieving the customer information sheet. .that was a week long setback. .
I would suggest returning it and exchanging it with another unit..
I don't believe you should have to wait for a repair on a new unit..
it's important to know your dealers return and exchange policies before you buy in case you run into an issue. .
I think DJI la did a good job overall, but if it's new you shouldn't have to go that route. .
turbo. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44