Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Discontinued batteries for I1 - what now?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been away from flying for over a year (due to a family illness). Now that I'm back, I'm reading and seeing absurd prices on a few, scarce TB47 and TB48 batteries.

Is there anyone available to rebuild these with new cells? Does DJI rebuild and renew them? Is there any other fix to keep my fleet of 2 I1's airborne?

Absent of that, is the entire (awesome) Inspire 1 platform doomed to a slow, prolonged death?

Thank you for any and all input.

Tim

Hello all,

I've been away from flying for over a year (due to a family illness). Now that I'm back, I'm reading and seeing absurd prices on a few, scarce TB47 and TB48 batteries.

Is there anyone available to rebuild these with new cells? Does DJI rebuild and renew them? Is there any other fix to keep my fleet of 2 I1's airborne?

Absent of that, is the entire (awesome) Inspire 1 platform doomed to a slow, prolonged death?

Tim
Oh no!!??!?

Following

Hello all,

Tim
Debated to death already

Using search before posting usually yields a plethora of results......

It is a bummer. I have a I1 with 6 batteries in great shape, and I may decide in the near future to sell the whole package. Big decision since it is definitely a great backup rig for my I2.

Hello all,

Tim
You can get them from the US. For whatever reason there seems to be these shortages in other parts of the works but not the US.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything ?

Reactions: Starz
You can get them from the US. For whatever reason there seems to be these shortages in other parts of the works but not the US.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything ?
Any chance of a link so I can purchase some of these please?

In Poland my friend is trying to change lipo batteries to liion's and reprogram internal battery electronics to work with LiIon. We are on the test phase right now. Inspire is flying good on those packs and i think now we need to tune electronics so please do not throw out old batteries.

In Poland my friend is trying to change lipo batteries to liion's and reprogram internal battery electronics to work with LiIon. We are on the test phase right now. Inspire is flying good on those packs and i think now we need to tune electronics so please do not throw out old batteries.
Now that is a new positive direction!
Any performance stats or observations you can share at this stage of project?

It may be an old craft, but if you can complete this project... you may have a large number of Buyers that would purchase.

Your statement to retain old batteries.. is that to rebuild with existing housing and electronics board?

Would this be a instructional kit or require sending to Poland? That might present some challenges to ship USA to Poland for a LiPo battery.

Good Luck on Project!

Reactions: thesnake
I can ask about some stats because i know that my friend is testing them with X3, X5 and X5R on number of different batteries.

Regarding my statement. It is a process of rebuilding old batteries and reprogramming the electronics on them to understand new packs and react acordingly for example voltages of LiIons are little different and craft could think that they are depleten and in reality they are not so this needs to be throughly tested.

As i said the electronics need to be reprogrammed so if all works it need to be send to Poland but maybe it be possible to send electronics to reprogramming and change the battery pack by yourself without need of sending them. We will see

Reactions: Chaplain Cody
You can piggyback lipos on the sides of old batteries but you need the controller board in the old battery for the drone to fly.

Hi guys, I wrote directly to DJI, they shipped me two brand new TB47s from China within 10 days, great result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry