Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Cendence Remote Controller

Reaction score
First of all Editor if you want to bundle this into a single thread for the Cendence no problem, I posted a new one as that was more about something it should not have been imo.

Hi All, Ok this going to be a big one so sorry in advance, this week has been a crazy one for me with the Inspire 2 finally coming and all, however I actually received 3 packages not two , DJI were extremely kind enough to send me over Cendence to have a play with and test and feed back on now I have the Inspire 2, I wanted to share some info and some of my initial thoughts, but again sorry this is along one. .

Lzy6Fnql.jpg

Over the last few days I have been very lucky to able to spend some time with DJI Cendence controller coupled with CrystalSky on the Inspire 2, I must state first of all that this is pre release hardware and software so some things may change a little on the final product but this is late in the day and I would not expect to see anything major though from a hardware point of view.

McNAqw7l.jpg

After setting up and testing its features for a few days I can say I am honestly loving it, the Inspire 2 standard RC design dates back to the original Inspire remote and it's clear that was built with ease of use with an touch based app driven product in mind, simple straight forward controls that allows you to get the basics done, as time has gone on more feature have been added and with camera such as the X5 Series there is now a need for a more dedicated feature rich controller and the Cendence is just that, it brings all the app based features and option back to your finger tips at a touch of a button with out the need to move off the controls.

The Controller

The Cendence controller has been specifically designed to be used with the Inspire 2 and M200 Series, the layout is user friendly and comfortable to hold, it feels solid and well build and like most recent DJI products the overall impression is the this is a quality piece of equipment, since the Mavic Pro especially DJI have really been kicking it out the park in this area and it shows here again.

Its powered by the same 2S 4920mah smart battery that CrystalSky uses, It does still have the built in charge circuit like all of the remote before it so this does mean you can charge packs either in the remote or in the Crystalsky charge station so your able to fly and charge other packs at the same time.

In the centre of the main body you have a small LCD screen that shows flight critical data such as aircraft speed, height and power levels, this means you can fly with the Go app in full screen mode and still see critical flight information.

3NWyJJAl.jpg

Sticks and Buttons

Looking at the feel of the controller I find gimbals are similar to other DJI controllers and are very responsive, the sticks move smoothly and response is precise, they do have adjustable springs via four holes in the bottom but I found that it shipped with just the right amount of tension.

The sticks them selves are topped quality machined metal that both grippy and finger friendly, height is adjustable as you would expect with any modern controller, overall the main control placement is very good, it's comfortable to use and buttons and knobs are located easily with in normal reach so you don't have to move your hand off the controls.

08JYeuRl.jpg

On the controller you see there is a wealth of buttons that you can program to control a number of both craft and app related features, some of the buttons on the controller are pre programmed for dedicated features like Menu, RTH,Pause and are marked as such, the rest are labelled C or B buttons and these can be set to things such as closing wind alerts, toggle map and live feed screens, focus and exposure metering as well as options like changing radio frequency and turning the LEDs on and off, there are also some other fixed feature buttons and knobs on Cendence like Record,Shutter and Focus on the RH corner, you also have the camera Yaw and Pitch controls rocker wheels on either side too.

r8hC7xWl.jpg

g0SWxn5l.jpg

QsMpFFal.jpg

sWm57Bal.jpg

Underneath the controller you have the 2 usual C triggers that are programable as before but DJI have added two new smaller C buttons further up, these can all be mapped just like the other buttons on the controller, down the side you will find two additional programable sliders mounded into the grip, one located each side.

6rtzmJTl.jpg

uMGLHJ0l.jpg

On the left side you have the usual DJI controller changing connector below the runner cover, this accepts input from the Inspire 2 and other DJI chargers just like the standard controller

2PsjBuxl.jpg

At the bottom you have a cooling vent as well as two screw bosses for mounting to a tray or other support mounts, there are a further two mounting posts located underneath as well.

jFV3duol.jpg

Integrated Focus Control

One of the big new features is a dedicated focus control knob, this is located just above the the LCD screen for X4s and X5S users, this knob is very smooth with good level of restriction to prevent accidental changes, it is setup to be endless and clickless for very fine tuning of focus control, further to this next to the LCD you have 4 pre programmed camera settings buttons for Ev, ISO, shutter ect that are used in combination with the rotary selector on the rh side.

Focus Control Knob

1CSjuNJl.jpg

Camera Buttons for ISO,Shutter etc

XAePAPpl.jpg

Connectivity

Looking around the back of the RC it's self you have the two standard antennas sticking out of the radio module , Cendence is designed to have a removable radio module for future use, this means DJI are able to continue to release updates and different modules for different craft and radio systems, currently only the Inspire 2 module is available, interestingly for the first time on a DJI RC the antennas are removable so allowing you to connect to accessory antennas for increased signal performance. As standard Cendence comes with host of connectivity features, HDMI and SDI outputs for those wanting to use broadcast mode as well as the usual USB ports for using an IOS or Android device and CAN for use with DJI accessories.

Back Of Controller

X7ScnW8l.jpg

Antenna Port

QNuP5dEl.jpg

Antenna Connection

5GGW9ftl.jpg

The Battery

To power Condence the the battery slots into a compartment in the bottom of the controller and locks in place with a small latch, the battery is removed by pressing the release button and sliding side ways, it then it pops up by its self as there are two spring loaded leaver that push it up once its unlocked make it easy to get out.

eJzmlWol.jpg

AsmtUi8l.jpg

Cendence with Crystalsky

When coupled with CrystalSky it's a really nice combination, as standard Cendence comes with the DJI quick release bracket for CrystalSky, this feels strong and very secure once latched in place, there are no external wires as the bracket has built in USB C connector, what is also nice is when you turn on Cendence CrystalSky will wake up and open onto Go 4 ready for you, these two have been specifically designed to work as on and give a real whole lot of connectivity options, two HDMI outputs, Multiple USB ports and SDI.

Integrated CrystalSky Adapter USB C Port

wDSDFVzl.jpg

jD90bEQl.jpg

Mounting Plate on Crystalsky

wocznOxl.jpg

Bracket Locked in place

yfQUfGrl.jpg

There is no questions when fitted with the 7.85” Crystalsky its going to add weight but imo its still usable with a good quality strap, after multiple flights it does not feel ovary heavy to me

Software Configuration

On the remote there is a dedicated Menu button that opens the new configuration screen for Cendence in DJI Go, here you set all the button configurations, there is also the ability to set multiple user profiles with each having three individual button configurations.

Front Buttons Configuration

NT5dkyol.png

Back Buttons Configuration

Gm9LbU1l.png

Button Mapping options

RYaCMtql.png

Multiple User Settings

hZLCYyll.png

Summary

Lzy6Fnql.jpg

Overall after having a few days I can say the Cendence controller is something you will absolutely want in your bag if your flying the Inspire 2 or M200 series, fit and feel is good, it's got lots of functionality and it just adds so much to the Inspire 2 features once you have spent some time using it, the ability to simply change to map view or swap camera feeds with out moving your fingers from the sticks help to ensure you don't loose the shot and remain in control at all times, its just something you will want and for single ops this will make your life easier helping you get those great shots and duel ops users will end up wanting two as it brings a lot to the table for both pilot and camera operator, while again I should stress this is not final release hardware or software and some things may change but regardless with all the features we now have on these craft DJI Cencence is a must have in my opinion, I really don't have anything I can say I don't like about it tbh.

I will be doing a video where I will go into the menu and the current option further but again DJI are only going to build on this and continue to add more features.

Mad

Great kit - however totally useless for all who need 3rd party apps for mapping, etc - as DJI have still got the OS locked up - and haven't even sorted out the Android ground station yet - DJI really need to get the kit in order and fully compatible before they keep chucking stuff out of the stable!

Reactions: AVImagingllc
Great kit - however totally useless for all who need 3rd party apps for mapping, etc - as DJI have still got the OS locked up - and haven't even sorted out the Android ground station yet - DJI really need to get the kit in order and fully compatible before they keep chucking stuff out of the stable!

what you mean the Cendence controller could only bind with CrystalSky now but not other android device?

Thank you for posting Mad! I am impatiently waiting for these to hit the market.
Have you had a chance to test the hdmi or sdi outputs?
This is an issue for live feeds coming from the current controllers. Wondering if the new controller has the fix.

I have 1 more question regarding the size comparison. Do you the time to post a side by side comparison. Probably going to have to mod my GPC cases.

what you mean the Cendence controller could only bind with CrystalSky now but not other android device?
No - the fact the CrystalSky and Cendence look very good together, but the fact the CrystalSky is not compatible with 3rd party apps or even DJI ground Station makes the combination unusable - which is a shame, as it fits together very neatly with not cables, etc

Reactions: Advexure
Thank you for posting Mad! I am impatiently waiting for these to hit the market.
Have you had a chance to test the hdmi or sdi outputs?
This is an issue for live feeds coming from the current controllers. Wondering if the new controller has the fix.

I have 1 more question regarding the size comparison. Do you the time to post a side by side comparison. Probably going to have to mod my GPC cases.

Cendence Dimensions.jpg

Nice post Mad!

Were you able to test the focus knob with the X5S? And if so how does it work?

Sorry not yet my access to the X5S has not come though sadly, I'm trying to gain access to another right now.

Been doing LOTS of other testing with it and feeding back so it's good, I think it's a fantastic controller and DJI build on that as time goes on.

I did post a short 'movie' about it if people are interested, it's extremely long and mostly boring as there is an idiot who knows very little rambling on a lot

I don't know how true it is but Iv heard that the M210 will ship with it as standard so some stock has gone that way, this has not come from DJI but I seen it posted on FB if I remember, sorry I know that does not help you guys.

Just to state that may not be true as I have seen some single ones turning up though, I hope your arrives soon

Some picks with the Panel antenna attached

Wjc0xnJl.jpg

X7OuhBCl.jpg

vIn45PTl.jpg

LBz7BUMl.jpg

yjOOXZll.jpg

Mad the Cendence and the Crystal Sky are included with the M210. It is listed on the DJI website.

Ahh missed that :)

Mad, what are the supposed advantages of the new panel antenna over the 2 stock antennas on the Cendence ??

Well it should be improved ranges over the onmi sticks in theory but you will gain ranges but it will be far more directional in 2.4ghz so you will need to be more aware of craft to RC alignment.

it's worth noting that this would be for 2.4GHZ only as I believe only as the 5GHZ patch antennas are in the back of the RC module behind the grill.

After doing a few Flights with it I actually really it, it's not massively directional at close range from tests today and I put some decent range on it with out issue.

Cendence has been shipping and arriving packed into the Matrice 210's case as the Cendence and CrystalSky 7.85" High are included in the standard package for the M210. Some of our guys hope to find some time out in the field with the M210 over the weekend and will be sharing some initial thoughts on the Cendence with the M210 as well as with the Inspire 2. They're slick! :cool:

Reactions: Mad_angler1
Cendence has been shipping and arriving packed into the Matrice 210's case as the Cendence and CrystalSky 7.85" High are included in the standard package for the M210. Some of our guys hope to find some time out in the field with the M210 over the weekend and will be sharing some initial thoughts on the Cendence with the M210 as well as with the Inspire 2. They're slick! :cool:

Very Cool still yet to see an M200 but may get the opportunity in a few weeks so am looking forward to that.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44