Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI DL-Mount adapter?

Reaction score
OK, so I know its very early (I am still waiting for my X7 to clear customs), but the samples people have posted here and elsewhere show pictures that do look a bit soft. I am not 100% confident that these early looks represent the potential that the X7/Zenmuse lenses ultimately have for dynamics, contrast, and sharpness. But, I'm just curious if there have been any whispers of a DL-Mount adapter being developed to open the X7 up to lenses with sharper optics?

Reactions: Fina and Marlonman
I really doubt there will be as the lens adaptor would be around 100g (with af abilities), you would then need a lens around 76g I dont think you would get one in emount, I have a samyang 85g its sharp but one it being to heavy with adaptor then I am not sure how this would look combined with the x7

Conversely, would any camera maker make a mount for the DJI-DL mount lens go on their camera, say a RED or Arri video, or even a still DSLR maker? Somehow I don't think so. RED has mounts for Nikon,, Canon, Leica, and Fuji lenses for video, but DJI isn't a major player yet and may never be even if they think they are worth it with their Hasselblad share, but even Hassy was never much into video. A steep price isn't always related to quality if the manufacture's quality suffers and updates from outfits like DJI cripple their products..

I'm sure they can make lightweight optics somehow with carbon fiber, plastic or even titanium, but how many lenses will show up for the X7 and if it goes to a full-frame X8 and whatever camera gimbal setup that it morphs into will be DJI's challenge.

What lens would you like to see an adapter for?
Is there a lens you have in mind that is sharp enough and light enough?

I wish Sigma, if they make the 35mm for the X7, would make one for the micro43 on the X5S. No primes 35mm that I can find to fit it. Big gap between 25mmand 42/45mm prime.

What lens would you like to see an adapter for?
Is there a lens you have in mind that is sharp enough and light enough?
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm shoot landscapes, then I could set the lens to hyperfocal before takeoff. In that case, I have a collection of old Nikkor manual lenses that are still wonderfully sharp. If needing auto or control from the RC, probably just about any of the lenses people are using for the X5s would cover the only slightly bigger sensor of the X7.

I'm replying to this thread because I was hoping there'd be an adapter and supported lenses. Apparently not yet, or perhps never. I may settle for the x5 (r?) and wonder if anyone has any stills with the Lumix 17-45 (I may be incorrect in the zoom specs) or, the 45 Olympus (Panasonic). I'm more interested in still photography than videography, tho' that may come later?

I'm replying to this thread because I was hoping there'd be an adapter and supported lenses.

If we are willing to forego focus and set the lens to infinity, could maybe make a beefy PLA 3D printed adapter? The flange distance for the Zuiko 45mm 1.8 is longer than the DJI-DL flang distance. Could maybe figure out the focusing contacts?

It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm shoot landscapes, then I could set the lens to hyperfocal before takeoff. In that case, I have a collection of old Nikkor manual lenses that are still wonderfully sharp. If needing auto or control from the RC, probably just about any of the lenses people are using for the X5s would cover the only slightly bigger sensor of the X7.
The DJI lenses are quite good.... probably better than most older glass and definitely lighter. We have the Loawa 9mm , that is the only other that we know of. It’s pretty darn awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips