Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO 2.3.0. Posted 10/5

The new app fixes the one reported fault under iOS 9 where the aircraft position red dart stayed fixed to the home point instead of moving across the map in flight records. However, all my flight records now have map loading lists against every flight and not the nearest location.

The new app fixes the one reported fault under iOS 9 where the aircraft position red dart stayed fixed to the home point instead of moving across the map in flight records. However, all my flight records now have map loading lists against every flight and not the nearest location.
Does this mean I can upgrade to iOS 9 then?.... I was a bit concerned having just got comfortable with DJI GO after upgrading the airframe twice and the controller once and two batteries all in a week?.....;)

Does this mean I can upgrade to iOS 9 then?.... I was a bit concerned having just got comfortable with DJI GO after upgrading the airframe twice and the controller once and two batteries all in a week?.....;)
Yes, its also added some more bloat and added rubbish in there (filters, user medals and mixing video shot on potatoes etc) but it has specifically addressed the compatibility issues with iOS9.

Reactions: Outta Control
Yes, its also added some more bloat and added rubbish in there (filters, user medals and mixing video shot on potatoes etc) but it has specifically addressed for compatibility issues with iOS9.
Thanks, I noticed the bloat, I can't imagine me wanting to mix video on an IPad?.......;)

Does this mean that the video transmission issue is fixed? I have a iPad mini 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I get pixelation from the video feed while in flight. Only on my IPad 4 iOS 9.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was using IOS Version 8.4 with the App Version 2.2 I had no pixelation on the video feed to my Ipad Mini 2, When I updated my Ipad to IOS 9.0, I started getting the pixelation issue.
Luckily Apple were still signing the older IOS 8.4 Version, so I downgraded back to 8.4 and the pixelation stopped.
Question is, Does the new App Version 2.3 working with IOS Version 9.2 still have the pixelation issue, I ask this because Apple are no longer signing the IOS 8.4 Version, so there is no opportunity to downgrade again?

Question is, Does the new App Version 2.3 working with IOS Version 9.2 still have the pixelation issue, I ask this because Apple are no longer signing the IOS 8.4 Version, so there is no opportunity to downgrade again?
Based on your question I purposely flew 2 flights today using DJI Go app 2.3.0 with iOS 9.0.2 (not 9.2). I was flying out over an estuary up to 500m and heights of 5m to 100m with clear VLOS. I had couple of momentary freeze frames (possibly due to angled and crossing antenna) but no pixelation. I have experienced no issues with these software with my iPad Air 2.

Based on your question I purposely flew 2 flights today using DJI Go app 2.3.0 with iOS 9.0.2 (not 9.2). I was flying out over an estuary up to 500m and heights of 5m to 100m with clear VLOS. I had couple of momentary freeze frames (possibly due to angled and crossing antenna) but no pixelation. I have experienced no issues with these software with my iPad Air 2.
Thanks for testing this for me, based on your results, I will take the plunge with IOS 9.02.
Cheers @Scotflieger

Reactions: Scotflieger
I have not used IOS 9 yet because I am concerned about the multi-tasking features affecting the video feeds. From one of the IOS development forums "Now, even full-screen apps don’t have exclusive use of screen real estate, the CPU, memory, or other resources." Hopefully there is a way to turn off the multi-tasking feature. Also from that forum "To participate effectively in this environment, an iOS 9 developer must carefully tune resource usage. If an app consumes too much time, screen updates can fall below 60 frames per second. Under memory pressure, the system terminates the app consuming the most memory.

I have not used IOS 9 yet because I am concerned about the multi-tasking features affecting the video feeds. From one of the IOS development forums "Now, even full-screen apps don’t have exclusive use of screen real estate, the CPU, memory, or other resources." Hopefully there is a way to turn off the multi-tasking feature. Also from that forum "To participate effectively in this environment, an iOS 9 developer must carefully tune resource usage. If an app consumes too much time, screen updates can fall below 60 frames per second. Under memory pressure, the system terminates the app consuming the most memory.
With DJI GO app 2.3.0 on iPad Air 2 and Mini 2, both running iOS 9.0.1 I have not experienced any issues that would concern me. But I do fly with my eye on the aircraft most of the time!

I have not seen this but that doesn't sound great (although it does seem logical that some processing power will be kept in reserve for multi-tasking)
Falling below 60fps on the video feed would not in itself be an issue (you can comfortably drop to around 45fps without noticing any change in performance) but terminating the app would be! :eek:

On iOS 9 on my iPhone 6s Plus, I get "Map Loading" on all of my recent flights. On my iPad Air 2, which still has iOS 8.4.1, all of my flight data is correct, with no "Map Loading" errors. I am sticking with iOS 8 for now.

On iOS 9 on my iPhone 6s Plus, I get "Map Loading" on all of my recent flights. On my iPad Air 2, which still has iOS 8.4.1, all of my flight data is correct, with no "Map Loading" errors. I am sticking with iOS 8 for now.
I had the same problem. Today all my locations have been correctly updated on the latest app and iOS versions (2.3.0 and 9.0.2). There was a similar issue previously that was put down to a DJI cloud server overload.

I have both an Inspire 1 pro and Phantom 3 pro and am not convinced that 2.3 and IOS 9 are completely in sync. I have flights that are flawless and others where pixelation does rear its ugly head at seeming short distances. Making sure there are not other apps running and video caching is off seem to help. Honestly if you are happy with 8.4.1, I would stay with it a little longer. My Phantom 3 pro was rock solid with 8.4.1 and I can't say that anymore.

I had the same problem. Today all my locations have been correctly updated on the latest app and iOS versions (2.3.0 and 9.0.2). There was a similar issue previously that was put down to a DJI cloud server overload.

I've deleted the DJI Go app and reinstalled it several times. I still have the issue. Like I said, everything works fine on iOS 8.4.1. I am hoping that when iOS 9.1 comes out later this month or early next month, this will resolve itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur